Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Troy Polamalu vs Ed Reed

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by RedskinsSince96 View Post
    They are both really good at what they do. It depends what type of safety you want. Troy Polamalu is a better all around safety. Ed Reed is the better big play guy. If you asked me right now who I would take it would be Troy Polamalu. He can do it all in my opinion.

Polamalu has 47 tackles with 31 solo. He has 7 ints for 59 return yds and 16 passes defensed.

Reed has 24 tackles with 19 solo. He has 5 ints for 191 return yds and 2 TDs with 12 passes defensed. He also has a 22 yd fumble return for a TD.

They play different positions so its really hard to compare but id take a guy in Polamalu who is a better tackler and has more INTs then Reed.
    ed reed is a "better big play guy"????? not this year.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

WaterBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by yinzer View Post
    ed reed is a "better big play guy"????? not this year.
    Well he is in my opinion. I guess that can be debated as well. Reed has 3 TDs on defense this year and one of them was a 107yd int return. He also has 7 defensive TDs for his career. He is also faster then Polamalu. That said Polamalu isnt that far behind him and like I said Troy is the better safety.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Reed cheats though. He steals offensive signals with some form of video tape...lol

Well he is in my opinion. I guess that can be debated as well. Reed has 3 TDs on defense this year and one of them was a 107yd int return. He also has 7 defensive TDs for his career. He is also faster then Polamalu. That said Polamalu isnt that far behind him and like I said Troy is the better safety.
    Reed faster?????

Ed Reed 40 yard dash: 4.57 seconds
    Troy Polamalu 40 yard dash: 4.33

gotta love wikipedia............

reed is better, he is pretty sick in coverage...dont let one good year of troys blow up your head making you think hes always been good in coverage. Reed is like a runningback with the ball in his hands and has better all around ball skills than troy. As far as flexibility goes they are even in that i would say reed could go out and play corner as easily as troy could move up and play linebacker

WaterBoy
    Reed faster?????

40 yd dash lol.

Im talking game speed. Reed is more of a big play guy and he has probably been the best over the course of his career. I guess we will have to disagree on this but if you think Polamalu is better at everything then Reed then you need to stop drinking the kool-aid. Polamalu is the best safety in football without a doubt but if you need a defensive TD id take Ed Reed. All-Around Polamalu is the best safety in football and thats why id take him over Reed though if I had to pick one.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Reed faster?????

I read somewhere about Troys speed, and it said he was one of the fastest players that no one knows about. Maybe because he's Samoan, and no one realy thinks of them as super fast. I'm telling ya, the guy is the greatest football player I have ever seen. Is closing speed is freakish...When he shuts the run down in the back field, its sudden....and you dont see that very much. Not like that..

40 yd dash lol.

Im talking game speed. Reed is more of a big play guy and he has probably been the best over the course of his career. I guess we will have to disagree on this but if you think Polamalu is better at everything then Reed then you need to stop drinking the kool-aid. Polamalu is the best safety in football without a doubt but if you need a defensive TD id take Ed Reed. All-Around Polamalu is the best safety in football and thats why id take him over Reed though if I had to pick one.
    ew, thats some kool aid

polamalu has a good year after 3 bum *** years and hes the unquestioned best? dont think so

40 yd dash lol.

game speed??? remind me again how they measure that. reed is good. no doubt. not better than troy. i don't even like cool-aid... too much sugar.

WaterBoy
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    ew, thats some kool aid

polamalu has a good year after 3 bum *** years and hes the unquestioned best? dont think so
    I didnt realize when I typed it it sounded like that. I meant more imo Polamalu is the best right now. As I stated before though you couldnt go wrong with either one. Im not a Steeler fan so there is no bias between the 2 players for me. I love how each one plays the game.

game speed??? remind me again how they measure that. reed is good. no doubt. not better than troy. i don't even like cool-aid... too much sugar.
    Dude its pretty simple. Im not gonna break it down for you. I agree with you Polamalu is better but if you think he is better than Reed when it comes to big plays then you need to watch more football. Reed can take any INT or Fumble to the house. Polamalu isnt that type of safety. Hes more of a All-Around type safety. Hes got speed but look at Reeds 107 yd INT return and tell me Polamalu could do that. If you say yes your a homer.

Thread Information