Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: any positives???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I agree our WR are looking bright ! Ben, Santonio, Cedric, Reid, Washington, we've got a bright future indeed and they are coming into their own. Ben doesnt botch the snap on a regular basis every week but in crucial close game situations like today we just can't have those types of things. Same with the RB's fumbling or the WR's or whatever.

I've been trying to fight off agreeing with you about us just not having the stuff to get it done this year and end up missing the playoffs for one reason or another but its getting harder and harder to disagree with anymore on that topic.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    I agree our WR are looking bright ! Ben, Santonio, Cedric, Reid, Washington, we've got a bright future indeed and they are coming into their own. Ben doesnt botch the snap on a regular basis every week but in crucial close game situations like today we just can't have those types of things. Same with the RB's fumbling or the WR's or whatever.

I've been trying to fight off agreeing with you about us just not having the stuff to get it done this year and end up missing the playoffs for one reason or another but its getting harder and harder to disagree with anymore on that topic.
    Dude I'm not saying this team is totally dead for the playoffs but to me they just don't have that look like they had last year or the past two years really. The past two years even when things were going wrong you just knew the Steelers were going to right the ship and pull out the win. This season it just seems the magic of the past two years isn't there. Now if the Steelers win 8 in row then that changes everything. Which is possible this team is still good enough to win 8 in a row.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Oh I know, Im certainly never giving up on anything. Im a never say die fan forever. Having said that none of us seem to have that confidence that we did last year in this team. We went out every week expecting to make the clutch plays, expecting to make the big stops, basically expecting to win the game because we were just playing with a fire, a passion, a focus that would carry us.

This year we've been watching this team self destruct with turnovers and missed opportunities on a regular basis and THAT is something we are not used to seeing with a BC coached team.

Is this team good enough to win 8 in a row ? Well right now we can't even win 2 in a row, hell we cant even win more than 2 at this point. We have the players, the system, and the coaches to do it, but it call comes down to execution and focus and we havent done that this year with any consistency. Sure we CAN do it, the question is do we have what it takes to turn this season moving forward instead of backward? I'd like to believe yes, my heart says yes because I bleed black n gold.

My Mood
    Mad
    Thats why Top Gun I don't think Bill Cowher's heart is totally into it. I think he has the idea of retirement on his mind and wants to take a break from coaching. Who can blame him after all these years? All the pressure from coaching in the NFL for 14 years can take its toll on a person. I think Bill just came back to see if the Steelers could repeat. I think he is burnt out and ready for a break.

Of course this is just my opinion. But with this team continuing to play sloppy and turning the ball over. That reflects coaching and those traits are not trade marks of Bill Cowher coached team.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ive never questioned BC's heart ever in his entire career. He's always given 100% and completely focused every sunday afternoon but at this point I question just about everything with this team including the coaches.

Super bowl hangover, retirement options, injuries, lack of focus, whatever..hell it's combination of everything and then some but the more this season goes on like this the more I wonder how much Bill has left at all for anything football.

My Mood
    Mad
    Ive never questioned BC's heart ever in his entire career. He's always given 100% and completely focused every sunday afternoon but at this point I question just about everything with this team including the coaches.

Super bowl hangover, retirement options, injuries, lack of focus, whatever..hell it's combination of everything and then some but the more this season goes on like this the more I wonder how much Bill has left at all for anything football.
    I don't want Cowher to retire but it just might be time for him to take a break. I just think thats playing on his mind so much this year. Especially with his family in North Carolina or South Carolina. I can't remember which Carolina that Bill bought a house in. It just seems Bill Cowher is different this year. I don't blame him though. Coaching 14 years in the NFL will take its toll on anyone thats for sure.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We also don't know how true the rumors really were about his retirement andhow much he was thinking about it. Perhaps it was all blown out of proportion by the media, or perhaps it wasnt but either way BC will always go down fighting to the last minute and I'll always respect him.

My Mood
    Mad
    We also don't know how true the rumors really were about his retirement andhow much he was thinking about it. Perhaps it was all blown out of proportion by the media, or perhaps it wasnt but either way BC will always go down fighting to the last minute and I'll always respect him.
    Dude I will always respect Bill Cowher also and I thank him for all he has done for the Pittsburgh Steelers organization and the fans. Your right we don't know how much of the rumors are true. But I'm just stating an opinion. I don't know for sure. The only reason I say his heart isn't into 100 percent is the consistent sloppy play by the Steelers. Thats not a trade mark of a Bill Cowher coached team.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    It's pretty bad when we question how much his heart is in it, that's not something we've ever had to worry about. Maybe all this talk about his possible retirement weighs more on the players minds then they let on ? They seem to play hard on the field every time, but there's just so many little things that happen in a game that we never saw before. So many missed tackles, bad angles, missed opportunities, poor ST play, OL inconsistent, DL and LB's not getting good pressure, etc.

Thread Information