Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: any positives???

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's a good analysis koopa We had positives today. The was resiliant and fought back and fought back and we scored alot of points but like we talked about earlier this team isnt good enough to overcome all the mistakes.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but we did overcome just about all our mistakes, we just didn't overcome the **** up on the spiked ball, even with all the turnovers we were able to come back and tie it up......just bad time management with the timeouts, and a then them getting all nervous and ****ing up on the damn spike ball.......but we overcame almost all of our big mistakes
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think if Ben had been in there we either wouldnt have been in that position at the end or we would have been better off simply because he's had more playing time under pressure than charlie has.

You're right we did overcome alot of those mistakes but not all of them and thats the problem. We had too many mental lapses, turnovers, missed tackles, etc. to overcome them all. We aren't used to seeing this team having to deal with so many self inflicted problems during a game.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i can't wait for willie ried to come back, we need him to punt return....that would cut some of the fumbles down...and whats with willie parker, i guess since he has a career high in tds for the season he is trying to match that by getting a career high in fumbles for the season lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We've never had so many players with fumble fingers in 1 year that I can remember. If it's not Santonio fumbling a punt, it's Willie fumbling during a run, or its Ben botching the snap !

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    even hines fumbled today, i guess it's contagious or however that damn word is spelled lol

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    We've never had so many players with fumble fingers in 1 year that I can remember. If it's not Santonio fumbling a punt, it's Willie fumbling during a run, or its Ben botching the snap !
    Yep, if teams were flat out beating us. I would say oh that team was just better and can live with it. But the Steelers are just being care less with the football. Holmes didn't protect the ball well at all and he has done that all year. For some reason Ben has botched a few snaps this year. Which he didn't do to much his first two years. Thats what use to drive me nuts about Kordell was all his botched snaps.

I think this is were coaching can come into play. Cowher needs to nip this in the butt. Which he isn't doing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah and he even dropped a pass and you NEVER see that. Damn fumble-itis !!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Yep, if teams were flat out beating us. I would say oh that team was just better and can live with it. But the Steelers are just being care less with the football. Holmes didn't protect the ball well at all and he has done that all year. For some reason Ben has botched a few snaps this year. Which he didn't do to much his first two years. Thats what use to drive me nuts about Kordell was all his botched snaps.

I think this is were coaching can come into play. Cowher needs to nip this in the butt. Which he isn't doing.

What I can't figure out is that stuff is what they work on all the time in practice. Hold onto the football, its drilled into your head from day 1 every day and this year we can't hold onto to it to save our life, its sloppy careless football !!

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    What I can't figure out is that stuff is what they work on all the time in practice. Hold onto the football, its drilled into your head from day 1 every day and this year we can't hold onto to it to save our life, its sloppy careless football !!
    But the main thing bro is Big Ben looks back and the WR core is looking real good for the future. I'm sure Ben will be ok after being knocked out of the game today. Man I was so happy and sure Ben was going to get 300 yards and 5 TD's today and the Steelers were going to win. I think this team is going to be like the 2002 Pats. Miss the playoffs after a Super Bowl but just like those Pats have the talent to make a Super Bowl run the next year.

Thread Information