Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Injury report and game notes for Steelers/Ravens

Bookmark and Share

Injury report and game notes for Steelers/Ravens

McFadden to start vs. Ravens

Cornerback Bryant McFadden, who returned but did not start against Dallas after missing six games with a broken arm, will replace William Gay in the starting lineup against the Baltimore Ravens. Gay started the past four games and played very well, allowing the Steelers to maintain their ranking as the No. 1 pass defense in then league.

"He was playing great football before he was injured," Tomlin said. "We acknowledged he was missing some time, but he played at a high level for us, which is what we expected. So we're moving on, and he's back in the lineup."

Pro Bowl linebacker James Harrison did not practice yesterday because he was given the day off. Also, Tomlin said it will be determined today if defensive end Brett Keisel (knee), who has missed the past two games, and fullback Carey Davis (calf) will play against the Ravens.

Marvel Smith update

Offensive left tackle Marvel Smith, who has missed the past eight games with a back injury, has not resumed practicing and will not play against the Ravens.

But, speaking for the first time in nearly two months, Smith said yesterday he is feeling better and is waiting for the team doctors and coaches to clear the way for him to play.

"I'm doing everything I can every day to get better," Smith said. "That's all I can do. "

Smith said he is not allowed to discuss the exact nature of his injury but said it is unrelated to the back surgery he had last year that caused him to miss the final three games of the season, including playoffs.

"It's definitely frustrating, being injured in any fashion, not being able to help team out, especially when you have a good team," Smith said. "You sit back and watch how well they're doing, you wish you can get out with the team."

One of the reasons the team has not placed Smith on injured reserve is because they are holding out hope he can return this season, especially because it appears the team will get into the postseason.

http://post-gazette.com/pg/08347/934666-66.stm

Sounds really promising after all
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Getting keisel back would be a big lift for the defense, they are still playing great without him but having him back and being able to fully rotate the DL all during the game is a big key.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yea we need Kiesel, an we need to keep the D-Line rotating alot this game, but i believe with or with out him we smash the Rats this game

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    right now we're about as healthy as we're going to get for the rest of the year I would think. As long as Keisel comes back we'll be in good shape for this stretch run. If we can get the bye that will go a long way to really getting this team fresh for the postseason.

Having such a deep DB field is so key heading into this time of year. Now that McFadden is back and playing well after his injury we've got 4 solid corners who can play.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    William Gay deserves props! This guy came up big when McFadden was out!

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevestinks View Post
    William Gay deserves props! This guy came up big when McFadden was out!
    i agree. you couldn;t tell the difference I thought.

IMO, it doesn't matter who's in there. bmac is a stud and gay filled in quite nicely. glad bmac is healthy again.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Kiesel is out for the Ravens game...didn't practice again today.

Davis is questionable.

My Mood
    Sunshine

Ravens game Individual Notes; Milestones

Head Coach Mike Tomlin
    • Looks to become the first coach in team history to win division titles in his first two seasons as head coach.
    • Looks to break the team’s record for highest winning percentage for a head coach in his first two seasons. Tomlin is currently 20-9
    (.690) and former coach Bill Cowher was 20-12 (.625) in his first two seasons, which was the best mark in team history.

QB Ben Roethlisberger
    • Needs one win to become the first NFL quarterback to win 50 games in his first five seasons.
    • Needs 384 passing yards to become the first Steelers’ quarterback with three straight 3,000-yard seasons. QB Terry Bradshaw had two consecutive such seasons in 1979-80.
    • Needs two touchdown passes to become just the second quarterback in team history to throw 100 career touchdown passes (Terry Bradshaw - 212). Roethlisberger currently has 98 career touchdown passes.
    • Needs one 300-yard passing game to move into sole possession of first place on the team’s all-time list ahead of Tommy Maddox. Roethlisberger currently has six.

WR Hines Ward
    Needs 76 yards from scrimmage to reach 10,000 total yards for his career. He currently has 9,924 total yards from scrimmage (9,494 receiving, 430 rushing).
    • Needs 21 receptions for 800 in his career.

RB Willie Parker
    Needs one rushing touchdown to move into sole possession of eighth place for rushing touchdowns on the team’s all-time list with Rocky Bleier. Parker currently has 23 rushing touchdowns.

K Jeff Reed
    • Needs 15 points to surpass Roy Gerela for second place on the team’s all-time scoring list. He currently has 717 career points while Gerela finished with 731 career points.

LB James Harrison
    • Needs a half-sack to break the team’s single-season sacks record he shares with Mike Merriweather. Harrison currently has 15 sacks in 2008 while Merriweather finished with 15 in 1984.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Actually, quiet a few of those could happen tomorrow!

All Mike Tomlins could happen

The first on of Big Bens certainly could, and maybe the last (although i doub it)

Hines, Parkers and Harrison is very possible aswell.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Thread Information