Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where the hell did the defense go !!??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Angry Where the hell did the defense go !!??

What in the hell happened, they were all over the field in the first half. They gave up TD's after the offense turned the ball over but they still played well in the first half for the most part. The 2nd half we just self destructed on defense. We made Vick look like a HOF QB. When push came to shove our secondary blew it again !!! Troy and Ryan Clark were the only ones playing today !

Yeah we did OK on stopping the run, but it doesnt matter when you make a guy who never throws the damn ball look like that !!!

When you look at the stats for stopping the run... the Steelers gave up 173 yards! We as a team only had 55, so I don't know how they stopped the run unless we were watching differnet games

The defense didn't show up to play today, they over pursued, blew their assignments... the list goes on!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sorry I meant ok at stopping the run in the first half. Im just so pissed off right now its just not even funny !

You're right, we missed tackles, we tried to overpersue Vick instead of boxing him in. We let crumpler have a damn 3 TD game ! There's no excuse for sloppy defensive play!

#1 Hater of the other 30 SteelCityMan786's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Sorry I meant ok at stopping the run in the first half. Im just so pissed off right now its just not even funny !

You're right, we missed tackles, we tried to overpersue Vick instead of boxing him in. We let crumpler have a damn 3 TD game ! There's no excuse for sloppy defensive play!
    I hear that.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    The bottom line our defense is overrated. I know I might get blasted for this. But if this defense was truely a great defense. Then the defense would step up and make some plays even with the offense turning the ball over.

Look at the Bears/Cards game. The Cards offense tore up the Bears defense the whole game and the Bears offense turned the ball over the whole game. But the Bears defense hung in there and made plays to bring the Bears back.

I'm totally pissed at the defense. But the special teams were bad also. That keeps happening every week. The Steelers havn't played consistent at all this year. The Steelers better get their acts together quick. They can not afford to lose anymore games.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The defense not showing up in the second half of games is starting to become a trend. They are down right terrible in the second half this year.

The defense is taking alot of heat here, they do seem to be more tenative in the second half of the last couple games. We are at our best playing full throttle !! Honestly we win this game if we don't put the ball on the ground, 3 fumbles = 21 pts. Take them away 38 - 20. Bottom line we have to quit turning the ball over and giving other team extra chances !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    The defense is taking alot of heat here, they do seem to be more tenative in the second half of the last couple games. We are at our best playing full throttle !! Honestly we win this game if we don't put the ball on the ground, 3 fumbles = 21 pts. Take them away 38 - 20. Bottom line we have to quit turning the ball over and giving other team extra chances !!
    I agree with that. But still the Bears offense turned the ball over 6 times against the Cards and the Bears defense still made plays to bring the Bears back. I just think our defense isn't as great as everyone seems they are. The only play they made all day was Troy's pick. I know Farrior had a pick but that was off a dropped pass. I'm sorry but they couldn't cover Crumpler at all today. I know he is good but he isn't that good.

Somebody needs to get pissed in the locker room and set every straight!!! Others might get pissed at first, but they will understand in the long run. Right now I just don't think there is a leader in the locker room that is firing everyone else up!

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    Somebody needs to get pissed in the locker room and set every straight!!! Others might get pissed at first, but they will understand in the long run. Right now I just don't think there is a leader in the locker room that is firing everyone else up!
    Well thats clear my Steeler bro that the Steelers miss Jerome's leadership bigtime. I don't think anybody really has stepped up and took over that role.

Do you think Bill Cowher is coaching like a lameduck coach? I don't know but this sloppy play by the team isn't a typical Bill Cowher coached team. I think he has retirement on his mind after this year and his heart might not be in coaching 100 perecent anymore. Alot of coaches have got burned out from coaching. Which is understandable with all the pressure that comes from coaching in the NFL.

Thread Information