Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it with us and turning the ball over !!

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Angry What is it with us and turning the ball over !!

Ive never seen a Steeler team with some many turnovers on offense. Last week we had several but fortunately we recovered. This week it came back to bite us. Santonio needs to hold onto the damn ball on returns, and Ben fumbled the snap 3 times today and lost 1 of them.

We had our chances in this game, we blew it with turnovers and poor ST play in the first half. There was no reason we should have lost this game ! Even with Ben going out, Charlie came in and played well but not well enough unfortunately !!! I just can't figure this team out this year.

We had no business losing this game !! None !!!!!
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 10-22-2006 at 05:51 PM.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    it didn't kill us, cause we still had chances to win, remember great teams find ways to win no matter what happens.....nate washington lost us this game with his false start, not the turnovers, those happened early and we were still in it
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Turnovers let Atlanta in the game in the 1st half.. We had a 17-7 lead and blew it because we couldnt hold onto the ball ! Nate didn't cost us the game because we should have never been in that position in the first place !

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but great teams find a way to win right??? we had every oppurtinity to win even with the turnovers, we had the game in teh bag at the end, but nate ****ed up, that one **** up lost us the game, if the turnovers happened late then ok, but we still had chances to win

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We aren't playing like a great team this year, we can't afford to give the ball away ! The turnovers in the beginning caused us to be in a position we had no business being in at the end of the game. We aren't playing good enough to overcome that stuff this year. We hardly had the game in the bag at the end. It would have been a 53 yd FG for Jeff when Nate had the false start.

Nate didnt screw up anything, on the outside fringe of FG territory and Hines was on the line of scrimmage anyway so it would of been illegal formation and 5 yards
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    but at least the clock doesn't run off with a illegal formation and we would've still at least had the chance to attempt to win the game....nate didn't allow us to win the game by the false start

again even with the turnovers with had a lot of chances to win, we blew it by having a ****** defense and nate washington ****ing up

The whole damn team wasnt set! If they didnt pick him they just would of picked someone else! Nate helped keep us in the game with 76 yards recieving and a touchdown. To blame this on nate is just plain being an idiot
    "Racing doesn't teach a lesson. Nor do most racers. Many of them can't even tell you why they're in the cockpit. They don't know. Racing isn't what they do. It's who they are."

R.I.P. Dan Wheldon

Turnovers are definitely back breakers, especially on your own 20! It's not normal for a Cowher team to be turning the ball over like this. It's time for the players to step up and take responsibility for their actions and correct the problem. They get paid to much to be putting the ball on the ground!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Defense was party to blame yes...but you cant have Nate shoulder that loss. We didn't run well, we had 3 turnovers, The OL had some lapses and allowed pressure to get through, we had stupid penalities , there's alot more to it than just Nate but turnovers have killed us all year and this week was no different.

Thread Information