Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Running back by committee is not working

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Guys don't forget we have a high school level (at best) OC....His play calling has been LAME ***!!
    if what they say is true, it's ben that's the lame ***, they say he calls most of the plays, and he's as stupid as they come............ so tomlin needs to take his control away and then fire arians just cause i hate him

damn it, i should be studying for my final that i have in an hour lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
    if what they say is true, it's ben that's the lame ***, they say he calls most of the plays, and he's as stupid as they come............ so tomlin needs to take his control away and then fire arians just cause i hate him

damn it, i should be studying for my final that i have in an hour lol
    Well, i agree that ben shouldnt be calling the plays, but really he is the better alternative right now. Ben is bad at it, and Arians is flat our horrible.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

We won and I'm still pissed, explain that?? lol

If our O could reach where the D is, NO team could beat us! But our hands are tied with BA.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

our running game does need help but I don't think missing Mendnehall is hurting us as much as Parkers game (or lack of) is. If you watch he is always stopping and or stutter stepping at the line, or picking the wrong hole...he just doesn't look aggresive. Watch Moore, he hits the hole and hits it hard, makes good cuts when the hole isn't there, he's just running better than Willie. I love Willie but he's either still too banged up to play, or being injured so much has made him a bit gun shy. Am I wrong?...it wouldnt be the first time lol. GO STEELERS!!!!!
    LETS GO STEELERS!!!

MM has been the better of the two running backs and should have been given the start after Parker got injured and healthy again. Unlike a QB position it's not like shaking off the rust. If the RB isn't close to 100% then neither will the running game be. I love FWP but he should be second string this week.

-Steelers70
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

The play action will not work until the defense is worrried about you running. They aren't now. A good running attack is good even when the D is stacking the line. We simply don't have that now and the passing game suffers because of it. You must run it to win especially in the playoffs. Warner is having a great year but they won't go anywhere, NO isn't even getting to the playoffs even though they will be pushing 5000 yards in the air. The plus side is Moore hasn't been worked to death so he should have lots of energy in the playoffs. Work his *** and mix in Russell. Sorry Willie we loved you but now is the time to sit your *** on the bench. We'll call you if we need you.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    It was said earlier and it all comes down to predictability. It is so obvious when we are going to run. Slap a TE or two in there, put Hines in motion to stop next to the TE and have one back or an I formation. Thats it! I cannot remember seeing us do ti another way. We need to mix it up. I'm actually dreading the post season, and that is sad.

Thread Information