Thread: Giants coming back to earth

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Giants coming back to earth

Eagles beat them today 20-14,and really just took it to the Giants today who did virtually nothing on offense. Missing Plax and having Jacobs leave the game with a knee injury along with the Eagles just really suffocating Manning into bad decisions and not being able to move the chains really shows that while the Giants may be one of the better teams in this league they are far from unbeatable.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Eagles beat them today 20-14,and really just took it to the Giants today who did virtually nothing on offense. Missing Plax and having Jacobs leave the game with a knee injury along with the Eagles just really suffocating Manning into bad decisions and not being able to move the chains really shows that while the Giants may be one of the better teams in this league they are far from unbeatable.
    Plax is a huge loss for them....I know they have won games without him but his presence alone on the field dictates what defenses do.....Jacobs injuring his knee is another huge problem for them....They're a very good team and have my respect as the defending Super Bowl champs......But they're very beatable and even the Steelers had them on the ropes most of the game when we played them.....14-9 Steelers lead most of that game and Nate even had a long TD called back due to a hold on Colon.......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah they are definitely among the elite in the league and their D is as solid as it comes. They've got the best OL in football but with jacobs in and out of the lineup and Plax now out really cuts down on the horses they have to work with.

Looks like Westbrook is finally healthy for the Eagles, when Westbrook gets the ball the Eagles win. IMO they've been passing way to much this year, especially in the game against Bungles that they tied.

The play calling was horrendous, they ran a very vanilla defense. Very little blitzing, dline not stunting. A good HS team could have beat them yesterday. Hopefully the kick in the pants will do them good, just like it did when they lost to the Browns. 11-2, division champs, still the best team in football.

Thread Information