Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Early injury update for Dallas game

Bookmark and Share

Early injury update for Dallas game

Notebook: Roethlisberger leaves practice early
    Thursday, December 4, 2008

By Teresa Varley
    Steelers.com

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger missed part of practice on Wednesday after he slipped when going back to throw a pass and slightly injured his right knee.
    Roethlisberger missed about 20 minutes of practice, but remained out on the field the entire time. He indicated after practice that he did not think that it was serious. Byron Leftwich took all of the snaps once Roethlisberger left practice.

In other injury news, running back Willie Parker (knee, shoulder), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), defensive ends Brett Keisel (knee), Aaron Smith (knee) and Travis Kirschke (back) and tackle Marvel Smith (back) did not practice.

Cornerback Bryant McFadden said he is ready to return to action this Sunday after missing the last six games with a broken forearm.

“I have been rehabbing it and working as best as possible,” said McFadden. “I feel like I am healed and ready to go.”

McFadden thought he might be back for the Patriots game, but was advised to give it one more week by doctors.

“I took their advice,” said McFadden. “That week is over with now. It’s time to get ready for the Cowboys.”

http://news.steelers.com/article/100581/
    Seriously, Aaron smith not practising is what scare me the most here. Our run-stop just totally fall apart if he is not ready to go
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    At this time of the year when veterans miss a practice it's usually not that big of a deal especially guys like Smith who can go a whole week without practice and still be productive on game day. We haven't heard anything on the A. Smith front as far as injury goes so hopefully it's just precaution. Willie Im sure will be in and out of practice the rest of the year since his knee has been bothersome since pretty much the end of Sept.

My Mood
    saints-hater

Barber's status for Sunday's game looking more in doubt...

http://www.truebluefanclub.com/blogs...luefanclub.com

If Barber is unable to go and this Choice guy is the lone running back it will completely make the Cowboys and Romo one-dimensional and force them probably to throw 75 percent of the time in 20 degree weather and wind. If Barber doesnot play in this game I think it's a huge huge deal and it really increases the Steelers chances of winning this game even more then it already is...

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    He wouldn't help them anyways. He would get swarmed like everyone else. He's no Kevin Faulk....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I heard on Sirius today that Ware will be ready to go but Barber did miss practice again so yeah his status is up in the air. Choice can make some plays though too and in the past we've made it a habit of letting average, no names, have the game of their lives against us. This D though we have now, I'll stack them up against anyone in the league.

Im anxious to see how McFadden does in his first action in over a month; it's going to be big for us to get him back.

As far as I've heard Parker is good to go as well and really the only main guy we have left on the injury list is Keisel who should hopefully be back in another week or so.

Rookie Free Agent steelerbackr4life's Avatar
    The D and the sloppy turf will make it hard for whoever gets the ball.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    I think Barber wouldnt be that much of a threat to this Steelers defense if he played. He is a hard runner and one of the best in the league, but they would shut him down just like they did to Brandon Jacobs. The only real threats I see are TO, Williams & Witten. This Defense is one of the best I've seen, I just hope Ben can come through this sunday and put some points on the board early.

Rookie Free Agent steelerbackr4life's Avatar
    Witten could be the silent one coming in to this game that could do some damage. He definitely can take a hit over the midle.

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Aaron Smith practiced Thursday.....

As expected, quarterback Ben Roethlisberger returned to practice Thursday. He missed the final portion of Wednesday’s practice after slipping in a muddy patch and twisting his right leg.

Polamalu, Brett Keisel and Marvel Smith were the only Steelers to miss Thursday’s practice.

Missing practice for the Dallas Cowboys were WR Miles Austin (knee), RB Marion Barber (toe) and CB Mike Jenkins (hamstring).

Austin has been ruled out of Sunday’s game at Heinz Field and Jenkins is doubtful. The Cowboys don’t expect Barber to practice this week with his dislocated right pinkie toe, but hope he can play. OLB DeMarcus Ware was limited Thursday with a knee injury, but expects to play Sunday.
    Ware will be playing with a brace on his knee, if Barber plays, he'll have something for that ****ed toe of his.. Its all good, cuz we got something for the entire Cowboys team.....

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Cowboys RB Marion Barber (toe) did not practice Wednesday or Thursday. He’s not someone to be banking on this weekend. We’ve been told it’s a game time call and rookie RB Tashard Choice could very well get the start against Pittsburgh. Coach Phillips even used the word “doubtful” today.

If you donít stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information