Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Clark Bar across from Heinz field...

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

The Clark Bar across from Heinz field...

Is shutting down on Sunday for a huge DALLAS COWBOY party. Yep, it is true. I did not believe it myself until I called them. They said the bar was closing for a private cowboy party.

What douchebags.
    Don't ever give them your business.
    Find a bunch of STEELERS fans to crasht he party.

Seriously, I find it hard to believe they are doing this.

503 Martindale St # 5
    Pittsburgh, PA 15212
    (412) 231-5720

--- Added 12/3/2008 at 06:30 PM ---

At least call and voice your disaproval.

Personally, I'm glad to see stuff like this. The United States is a very mobile society, and until recently, the Pittsburgh area missed out on a lot of that mobility. Through the '80s and '90s, western Pennsylvania was a pretty insular place, but since about 2000, more people from other places have begun to move here. Those who have moved here have kept their allegiances to sports teams in other cities much the same way ex-Pittsburghers have whenever they've moved to other cities. I see no harm in Dallas fans, New York fans, Chicago fans, or even Cleveland fans finding a place to congregate here. Besides, the Steelers, Penguins, and even Pirates still dominate the Pittsburgh sports landscape even with more newcomers than before. It's not like we're Miami, Phoenix or Washington D.C., where everybody comes from somewhere else. Let the Cowboy fans have their fun. The rally will be the best part of their weekend, if you know what I mean.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Across from Heinz field? No STEELERS allowed in a bar that usually has STEELERS fans in it? On game day? No way. It's blasphemy.

Even the hostes thought so when I called. Said it was true but could hardly believe it herself. The place will lose business in the long run. In the short run, they will be lucky to not have serious trouble throughout the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Fan Of STEEL View Post
    Across from Heinz field? No STEELERS allowed in a bar that usually has STEELERS fans in it? On game day? No way. It's blasphemy.

Even the hostes thought so when I called. Said it was true but could hardly believe it herself. The place will lose business in the long run. In the short run, they will be lucky to not have serious trouble throughout the day.
    If Cowboy fans paid money to rent the place out, then they get the place to themselves. That's just how it is.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    If Cowboy fans paid money to rent the place out, then they get the place to themselves. That's just how it is.
    i guess so but who needs their money? it IS steeler bar. that place isn't hurting for money but it will be hurting for money if this happens. the trib and post gazette WILL be hearing about this.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Personally, I'm glad to see stuff like this. The United States is a very mobile society, and until recently, the Pittsburgh area missed out on a lot of that mobility. Through the '80s and '90s, western Pennsylvania was a pretty insular place, but since about 2000, more people from other places have begun to move here. Those who have moved here have kept their allegiances to sports teams in other cities much the same way ex-Pittsburghers have whenever they've moved to other cities. I see no harm in Dallas fans, New York fans, Chicago fans, or even Cleveland fans finding a place to congregate here. Besides, the Steelers, Penguins, and even Pirates still dominate the Pittsburgh sports landscape even with more newcomers than before. It's not like we're Miami, Phoenix or Washington D.C., where everybody comes from somewhere else. Let the Cowboy fans have their fun. The rally will be the best part of their weekend, if you know what I mean.
    no way! i'm from the burgh and still live here! you know as well as i do, if you really are a yinzer, that pittsburghers, including myself will not have this.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ya know, Im all for businesses making a buck whenever they can in this day and age with the economy and I guess I can't blame them when the almighty dollar is what pays the bills...but man that just really rubs me the wrong way big time. i won't go there you can bet on that.

Rookie Free Agent cuatro_tres43's Avatar

Thumbs down Cowboy fans taunted for saddling up in Steeler bar

Dallas Cowboys fans are a pack of sissies.

At least that's how a Steelers fan characterized Cowboys supporters who have staked out the Clark Bar and Grill near Heinz Field for what's being billed as the "Ultimate Tailgate Party" on Sunday afternoon. The Steelers and Cowboys renew their storied rivalry with a 4:15 p.m. kickoff in the North Shore stadium.

After news got out that the Clark Bar, a popular watering hole for Steeler Nation patrons, was reserved for a private, pre-game Cowboys celebration from 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., football fan Web sites lit up with insults being hurled faster than Ben Roethlisberger spirals to the gut."Of course Cowboy fans need to tailgate indoors, so Steelers fans may simply stay in the parking lot and just feel sad for the sissies instead," wrote a Black and Gold blogger.

Memphissteelergirl chimed in: "There are hundreds of bars across the country that do the same thing for Steeler fans and fans of other teams ... what's the difference, except these folks are fans of the hated Cowgirls."

Considering the heated talk, the Clark Bar is beefing up security for the $35-per-person party for about 200 Cowboys supporters arriving from Dallas, but no trouble is expected, said Clark Bar manager Chad Jordon.

Maximum Sports Connection, a Dallas travel agency that caters to Cowboys fans, booked the Clark Bar as part of a package. The "Ultimate Tailgate Party" for Dallas fans includes hot dogs, hamburgers, wings, fries and two drink tickets. The bar is closed to the public during the event.

"Screw'em; let them have their fun," a blogger from Pittsburgh wrote. "If you are that close to the stadium, wouldn't you rather have kielbasas and an Iron with one of your 60,000+ friends in the paring lot? I would, including the Iron."

Steelers fans, some of them obviously upset, called the bar Friday to protest the Cowboys' invasion of Steelers' turf, Jordon said.

"We're not trying to shun anybody from out of town," Jordon said. "We treat people how we would expect our fans to be treated if they went to another city."

Bartender Andy Lamatrice, an ardent Steelers supporter, said it doesn't bother her at all to wait on a Cowboys party.

"Some of the nicest fans I've waited on are out-of-town fans," she said. "We've waited on different kinds of fans for years and years, and we've never had a problem. We joke back and forth: 'We're going to beat you,' 'No, we're going to beat you.' It's all in good fun."

On the gridiron, Dallas holds a 15-14 series lead over Pittsburgh. In the game that counts most, though, the Steelers beat the Cowboys in two out of three Super Bowl meetings.

The Steelers (9-3) are favored by 3 points against Dallas (8-4).

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_601785.html

What type of retard would chill out in freezing weather when they could be smart and do it indoors? Hmmmmm......
    .:Recent:.

Thread Information