Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Whats up with the refs?

Bookmark and Share

Whats up with the refs?

Seriously, they are most certainly not giving Steelers any easy yard-age at all.. I could count at least 3 plays where TO pushed Ike Taylor right on the helm, and afterwards hit him. Personal fault, 15y please. Also, Hines got layed out a time or two where they could easily have called a pass int. or at least illegal contact. I just don't get it. I believe its alright if they miss a holding or two. That happens, but man.. Those were all so obvious...
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We have to be able to overcome that stuff. The officials this year are clearly having just as many bad games as they are good ones. Harrison gets held on almost every play every week, we get called for phantom holding calls left and right, personal fouls for hits, the list goes on and on. That's TO's game, he gets in your face and tries to take you out of your game, the refs know it and they just let it go.

SA's Biggest Fan
    My Mood
    Stressed
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    ... That's TO's game, he gets in your face and tries to take you out of your game, the refs know it and they just let it go.
    Jawing is one thing, pushing, hitting, shoving is entirely different. Dallas did that to us at least three times (T.O. was one of them) and it wasn't called. Props to our guys for not responding back--cause the refs would've thrown a flag on them for sure, even though Dallas guys started it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There was a few times when Ike was up in his face jawing with him but fortunately he composed himself enough to not draw a flag. The refs clearly should called offensive holding or illegal hands to the face on several occasions. It is what it is though and we got the last laugh by keeping TO to basically being a non factor except on that one play and us getting the big win!

You can look at film and find missed calls on almost every play. The refs may suck but they suck for both teams and it tends to even out. I think it's a not an advantage to either team.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    They all know how Hines plays so he's never going to get those calls. They just expect him to level someone for payback it's a shame but when you have a guy that plays wide receiver that hits like a linebacker you got to expect it.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

Get ****ing real.....ya'll held just as much as the Cowboys.....Threw as many jabs and pushed as much. The Cowboys just didn't act like big ****ing babies turning to the refs after every missed call and yelling along with hand gestures.
    .:Recent:.

Born in Uniontwon P.A. ready to get back to the Pittsburgh area by 2017
    My Mood
    Horny
    My biggest issue is that we get called six times for holding one game, and two weeks later there are no holds at all??????

**** Formerly Clevestinks!****
    i como enormes senos

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by RW318 View Post
    Get ****ing real.....ya'll held just as much as the Cowboys.....Threw as many jabs and pushed as much. The Cowboys just didn't act like big ****ing babies turning to the refs after every missed call and yelling along with hand gestures.

Uh excuse me, did you hear any of the STeelers complain about the refs? No, we always get the can when it comes to calls that don't go our own way but we deal with it and we overcome it just like yesterday unlike you all who couldn't get it done!

We're allowed to critique the refs as fans so relax; you lost, it's over

Rookie Free Agent vidaliasteelerfan's Avatar
    On the last TD we scored it took the rest about 5 years to signal a TD! he had that look of OMG he freakin scored ..... I think!!!!

Thread Information