Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

Bookmark and Share
    SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar

Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

Dallas Cowboys' Adams will have his hands full with Steelers' LB Harrison

10:56 PM CST on Tuesday, December 2, 2008
    LINK

Flozell Adams went to the Pro Bowl last season. So did Matt Light. But Pro Bowl stripes don't seem to impress Pittsburgh Steelers weakside linebacker James Harrison.

Harrison is the best player on the best defense in the NFL. It'll be Adams' job to block him Sunday, when the Cowboys visit the Steelers. Tony Romo can only hope Adams puts up a better fight than Light did last Sunday for the New England Patriots.

Harrison was a one-man wrecking crew, stalking Patriots quarterback Matt Cassel into his worst performance of the season. Harrison made nine tackles and sacked Cassel twice, both times causing a fumble that was recovered by the Steelers. Cassel finished the day 19-of-39 for 169 yards and two interceptions in a 33-10 loss to Pittsburgh.

That kind of effort has become the norm for Harrison, who went to his first Pro Bowl in 2007, when he led the AFC with seven forced fumbles and led his team with 8 ½ sacks. He's playing even better this season. Harrison leads the NFL with six forced fumbles and ranks third in the league with 14 sacks.

Undrafted out of Kent State in 2002, Harrison was cut twice by the Steelers and spent the bulk of two seasons on the club's practice roster before earning a roster spot in 2004 covering kicks on special teams.

Harrison spent three seasons learning how to play linebacker the Steeler way in the 3-4 scheme, showing flashes with a fumble return for a touchdown in 2004, an interception of Drew Brees in 2005 and three tackles against Cincinnati in his only start in 2006.

The Steelers were convinced Harrison was ready in 2007 and cut Pro Bowler Joey Porter to create a starting spot for him. A blend of power and speed, Harrison was team MVP of the AFC North champions.

Adams runs hot and cold as a pass protector. Sunday had better be one of his hot days for the Cowboys to have a chance against the 9-3 Steelers and NFL's best defense.

Not block but hold like most teams have been doing and clearly getting away with it week after week!! I watched the reply last night, made me SICK!! NO FLAGS!

And it won't change this week when we play "America's team"!! Officals make me sick!!!

You think Harrison is the only guy that gets held lol? Demarcus Ware gets held and still manages to get sacks. It happens.

That being said, Harrison went undrafted? Wow. What a find. How guys like him go undrafted by "experts" is beyond me. I guess the same way Tom Brady goes in the 6th round and Romo goes undrafted.

Quote Originally Posted by rocyaice View Post
    You think Harrison is the only guy that gets held lol? Demarcus Ware gets held and still manages to get sacks. It happens.

That being said, Harrison went undrafted? Wow. What a find. How guys like him go undrafted by "experts" is beyond me. I guess the same way Tom Brady goes in the 6th round and Romo goes undrafted.
    Everyone gets hold now and then, but thats not the thing imo. What upsets me is, that we get all kinds of absolut freak things called upon us, like the holding they called on Hampton last week. Or the personal fault Ryan Clark got.. For crying out loud man.. Its so stupid

Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Everyone gets hold now and then, but thats not the thing imo. What upsets me is, that we get all kinds of absolut freak things called upon us, like the holding they called on Hampton last week. Or the personal fault Ryan Clark got.. For crying out loud man.. Its so stupid
    Well the refs have had a tough year. I still think the NFL is the best officiated game in football. If they manage to let coach's challenge penalties I think the NFL's officiating would be flawless. But they're ego won't allow it. I saw Tank Johnson get called for roughing the passer because his hands got into the qb's helmet. But I will never complain about the refs after seeing the way the Chargers have been treated this year. I've never seen so many games be taken away from them due to officiating.

[QUOTE=rocyaice;251700]You think Harrison is the only guy that gets held lol? QUOTE]

On a week in and week out basis, YES.

Who the F cares about what happens to cowboys players! This is a STEELER SITE!!

[QUOTE=LatrobePA;251722]
    Quote Originally Posted by rocyaice View Post
    You think Harrison is the only guy that gets held lol? QUOTE]

On a week in and week out basis, YES.

Who the F cares about what happens to cowboys players! This is a STEELER SITE!!
    I was just pointing out that elite pass rushers get held all the time. It happens. But if you tihnk Harrison is the only guy in the LEAGUE who receives this treatment you need to watch more football games.

[QUOTE=rocyaice;251733]
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post

I was just pointing out that elite pass rushers get held all the time. It happens. But if you tihnk Harrison is the only guy in the LEAGUE who receives this treatment you need to watch more football games.
    i tell you what, if you want to talk about a cowgirl player getting held, start your own thread and see who will participate. this ain't the place for it. sorry, charlie.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Ware doens't get anything close to what Harrison gets. He does special favors for the NFL Brass, just like Tom Brady. I hear Ware likes the pole. Hangs out at the Blue Oyster
    Bar in Fort Worth. also saw a report on him that he was arrested in 2002 for stripping for a bunch of frat boys @ Troy. sick man, the dude is nasty...

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    Ware doens't get anything close to what Harrison gets. He does special favors for the NFL Brass, just like Tom Brady. I hear Ware likes the pole. Hangs out at the Blue Oyster
    Bar in Fort Worth. also saw a report on him that he was arrested in 2002 for stripping for a bunch of frat boys @ Troy. sick man, the dude is nasty...
    wasn't he caught on a subway giving some man-love to a stranger??? oh, oh... that was michael strahan.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Thread Information