Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: McFadden expected to return Sunday

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

McFadden expected to return Sunday

Story

Cornerback Bryant McFadden, who has not played since the middle of October because of a broken forearm, will likely play Sunday against the visiting Dallas Cowboys. "I think he's going to get over the top this week," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said today at his weekly news conference.
    This could not come at a better time. We've been hit with everything but the kitchen sink this year, maybe things will start to come together for us when we need it most.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We've been the number 1 defense without him all this time but we haven't faced 3 quality WR's like Dallas has yet so him coming back is going to be huge. Plus with Townsend back we have our 3 solid CB's again and with Gay coming along better and better our secondary is pretty wicked all around.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    with Townsend back we have our 3 solid CB's again and with Gay coming along better and better our secondary is pretty wicked all around.
    I've noticed the past 2 weeks, William Gay has been stepping up his game,its JMO but I believe he may have overtaken Townsend.

With McFadden back we'll see who gets the call Gay or Townsend.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    We've been the number 1 defense without him all this time but we haven't faced 3 quality WR's like Dallas has yet so him coming back is going to be huge. Plus with Townsend back we have our 3 solid CB's again and with Gay coming along better and better our secondary is pretty wicked all around.
    Ok the Cowboys have TO and he is a very good WR....Personally I think he is the best WR when it comes to pure talent and his combo of size/speed.....But Roy Williams is vastly over-rated and Crayton is solid......I'm not worried about this WR core....I know Austin Miles has made some plays for them as well this year....But still I think our defense can handle this WR core.....Hell we proved we can handle TO back in 2004 when the Eagles came to Pittsburgh....Now Jason Witten is a bad *** and he is Romo's security blanket.....He is a top 3 TE in this league...

I'm pumped McFadden will be back Sunday and I'm feeling a pick six out him of this Sunday....Just a feeling I have....

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Ok the Cowboys have TO and he is a very good WR....Personally I think he is the best WR when it comes to pure talent and his combo of size/speed.....But Roy Williams is vastly over-rated and Crayton is solid......I'm not worried about this WR core....I know Austin Miles has made some plays for them as well this year....But still I think our defense can handle this WR core.....Hell we proved we can handle TO back in 2004 when the Eagles came to Pittsburgh....Now Jason Witten is a bad *** and he is Romo's security blanket.....He is a top 3 TE in this league...

I'm pumped McFadden will be back Sunday and I'm feeling a pick six out him of this Sunday....Just a feeling I have....
    I do too I think McFadden is going to make his presence felt in this game especially if it's a tight game late. He has had some huge pass breakups this year and tackles on 3rd down late in games before he went down with the broken arm in Cincy. Like we brought up in the other posts this Cowboys team if you jump on them early and things start falling apart you will see dissension on their sidelines starting and ending with TO bitching and complaining at somebody. This is the point and time where the Steelers if this indeed happens had better go in for the kill in this game. I just have a bad feeling in this game that if the Steelers dick around and dont put the Cowboys away in this game when they get the chance that the samething that happened to them here at home in the Giants and Colts game is going to happen this week as well. You cannot turn the ball over deep in your own end against this Cowboys defense and give this Cowboys offense a short field, and you just cannot give them opportunities much like the Steelers did with the Colts and Peyton Manning because the Cowboys and Tony Romo are good enough that if the Steelers **** up and keep the Cowboys in this game long enough that they will make them pay and pay big at some point.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Williams has all the talent in the world but hasn't lived up to it yet in Dallas and maybe never got a chance to in Detroit. Let's just make sure he doesn't have a breakout game against.

Crayton is solid as you mentioned, he reminds me alittle of Welker..not so much in how he plays but in his role in making clutch plays for Dallas.

Gay will certainly have his role increased next year especially if McFadden bolts for big dollars in the FA market. I'd like to see Bryant come back and work along side Ike for the long term. we'd have our bookend corners set like we haven't seen in a quite a long time in a Steeler defense.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Story

This could not come at a better time. We've been hit with everything but the kitchen sink this year, maybe things will start to come together for us when we need it most.

It'd be sweet to start firing on all cylinders and start winning games like last week...This team is definately capable of it.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

williams and crayton are nobodies. TO is really good but Ike has handled him before. Witten is ****ing sick, but troy and timmons are both athletic enough to cover a guy like him, he scares me the most. im not sure havign a rusty mcfadden back is gonna be the best thing but we'll see i guess

My Mood
    Horny
    witten is badd ***!!! t o is sick and big and fast to boot and romo is a lot better than cassel!!! so as much as i know we should be able to conatin them this by all means isn't going not be an easy game!!! so having mcfadden back is huge!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    williams and crayton are nobodies. TO is really good but Ike has handled him before. Witten is ****ing sick, but troy and timmons are both athletic enough to cover a guy like him, he scares me the most. im not sure havign a rusty mcfadden back is gonna be the best thing but we'll see i guess
    Roy Williams is a nobody? He's a great receiver. He's just had problems learning Garret's playbook and timing with Romo hasn't gotten there yet. But I expect a lot of Crayton and Roy Williams on Sunday. TO could have a big game but with the weather conditions I wouldn't put money on it. Witten has sort of been a after thought since Romo went down and the Cowboys traded for Roy Williams. He finally had his 100 yard game last week. Its been awhile.

Thread Information