Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboys vs. Steelers (Wk. 14) W 20-13

Hybrid View

Smile Cowboys vs. Steelers (Wk. 14) W 20-13

vs.

Sunday December 7, 2008
    4:15 PM EST

The last time these two teams met was October of 2004 and Big Ben was just a rookie and was throwing the ball to Ward and Burress, and handing it off to Duece Stately and the Bus. The Cowboys had Vinnie Testaverde under center and throwing to Keyshawn Johnson and Terry Glenn and handing it off to Eddie George. Big Ben was 21 of 25 for almost 200 yards and 2 TD's and the Steelers overcame a 10 point deficit in the fourth quarter and won the game, 24-20, with a Bettis TD with a minute to go. A lot has changed in 4 years though, especially on the Cowboys side. Not very many of the Cowboys were on the roster when the Steelers went to Dallas and laid a beat down on them, so they can't claim the revenge card! This game is a matter of both teams fighting to either make or maintain their spot in the playoffs. Yes there is plenty of history between these two teams that most of the players probably barely remember because they were either too young or not even born yet.

The Cowboys are a completely different team with Romo in the lineup and have proved that since his return from a broken finger. They do a good job of racking up yards and points but the defense does an equally good job of letting teams hang around and rack up yards of their own. The Cowboys defense does do a great job in getting to the quarterback as they are ranked second behind the Steelers with 40 sacks. This does not bode well for the Steelers as they have been know to let Big Ben get sacked a few times... actually a lot! Ben has been sacked 16 times by NFC East opponents and missed the entire second half of one of those games. Granted Ben has only been sacked once in the last two games, but that could be related to the teams they were playing.

The Steelers defense is going to need to contain Owens and Williams as they did last week against Moss and Welker. Teams have not been successful at all running or passing on the Steelers defense so the key to this game is going to be how many turnovers can the Steelers force and how is the offense going to handle the pressure? We all know what the defense is capable of because they have been getting it done every week! It's the Steelers offense that needs to step up to the plate now and show the Nation what they can do. Besides, if there was ever a time for an offense to start to peak, it's right now!

Right now it's looking like it's going to be cold and snowy... not sure how the Cowboys will respond to those weather conditions but it definitely works in the Steelers favor. Other keys to a Steelers win are:
    • Protect Ben the few times he is asked to pass it.
    • Establish the running game that has been mediocre all year.
    • Eliminate offensive turnovers and capitalize on the ones forced by the defense.

Join us this Sunday afternoon as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 12-08-2008 at 01:14 PM.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Let's get it going!!!!!

I still remember that crappy game. The Cowboys easily could have ran out the clock but as luck would have it....Vinny lost the ball off Andersons helmet while about to throw to a WIDE OPEN Glenn for the first....then the Steelers recovered it inside the 40 or something and punched it in. Pure crap lol.
    .:Recent:.

Quote Originally Posted by RW318 View Post
    I still remember that crappy game. The Cowboys easily could have ran out the clock but as luck would have it....Vinny lost the ball off Andersons helmet while about to throw to a WIDE OPEN Glenn for the first....then the Steelers recovered it inside the 40 or something and punched it in. Pure crap lol.
    Excuses are the most sorry thing ever.. You lost the game, and thats it. If it was crap, then we didnt you guys just settle it from start? Obviously, you led the Steelers stay in the game, and then you don't win. You lost the game, and thats it. Which you are about to do again this sunday

I haven't yet read about Harrison's back injury yet. A lot of Sunday's outcome is going to depend on how ready he is to take the field. I suppose, even though it's not really his spot, they could put timmons up there for one game to keep them guessing, but I don't think any line up will bring the same fearful pressure.

Every game for every team, unless you're the Titans or Giants, is a must win game this week and each following week in many ways. I had my doubts with the Pats because we seem to have bad karma or something with them. But Dallas is no slouch team and will be bringing their A game. Lets hope the Steelers ceased thinking of the Pats the moment they walked off the field Sunday evening, and began planning for Dallas.

And with that thinking in mind, win or lose, lets hope they do the same after that game for the upcoming Ravens game.

-Steelers70
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers70 View Post
    I haven't yet read about Harrison's back injury yet. A lot of Sunday's outcome is going to depend on how ready he is to take the field. I suppose, even though it's not really his spot, they could put timmons up there for one game to keep them guessing, but I don't think any line up will bring the same fearful pressure.

Every game for every team, unless you're the Titans or Giants, is a must win game this week and each following week in many ways. I had my doubts with the Pats because we seem to have bad karma or something with them. But Dallas is no slouch team and will be bringing their A game. Lets hope the Steelers ceased thinking of the Pats the moment they walked off the field Sunday evening, and began planning for Dallas.

And with that thinking in mind, win or lose, lets hope they do the same after that game for the upcoming Ravens game.

-Steelers70
    harrison's back is fine.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar
    man I gotta tell you this game scares the hell out of me...at a time when the Cowboys are fighting for their play off lives.....

here is a recent Zach Thomas quote...

Ugly football
    Dallas linebacker Zach Thomas understands what makes the Steelers special. And it has nothing to do with being flashy.

"They are not the prettiest of teams," Thomas said. "But they get their wins and they just hit you in the mouth and that’s what type of game it’s going to be. I’m sure the field will be all chopped up. That’s they way they like it. It’s ugly."
    been waiting to play you guys for a long time....it's fun to play against friends....so gonna get some of the gang over here to talk some rival football LOL and put up a steeleraddicts thread at CP

http://www.cowboyspride.net/forum/sh...ad.php?t=56427

Should be a great game....let the fun begin. Jack has been trash talking me already LOL

This is gonna be a war.

The Steelers have the best D in the league. The Cowboys O is back to being versatile & stellar with Romo healthy (ignore the reports...his pinkie is fine). Those two units are the strengths of the two teams. I see the key though as the Steelers' inconsistent (and wounded) O against the Cowboys inconsistent (and mistake-prone) D. Due to all of the above, I see a low-scoring smash-mouth game.

Prediction: Cowboys 17, Steelers 13.

Note to NOVA STEELERS:

P.S. As Deb said, we'll get some CP'ers over here to do some good-natured 'cussin n DISScussin' with yalls.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    This is gonna be a war.

The Steelers have the best D in the league. The Cowboys O is back to being versatile & stellar with Romo healthy (ignore the reports...his pinkie is fine). Those two units are the strengths of the two teams. I see the key though as the Steelers' inconsistent (and wounded) O against the Cowboys inconsistent (and mistake-prone) D. Due to all of the above, I see a low-scoring smash-mouth game.

Note to NOVA STEELERS:

P.S. As Deb said, we'll get some CP'ers over here to do some good-natured 'cussin n DISScussin' with yalls.
    Why wait, lets start the shiat now!!!!! I believe you might have the score correct, its just that you chose the wrong team that will have the 13 points!! The Dallas cheerleaders will probably still look good in thier long-johns they will have to wear sunday afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    This is gonna be a war.

Note to NOVA STEELERS:

I wouldn't say the pinkie is fine. He got Witten murdered last week for lobbing up a pass to him. He's done that a lot since coming back from the pinkie injury. He's had a lot of ducks thrown too. Don't get me wrong. He's been great injured or not. But in tough weather conditions that pinkie could act up.

Thread Information