Page 2 of 57 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Cowboys vs. Steelers (Wk. 14) W 20-13

Quote Originally Posted by Deb View Post
    I don't know if anyone looks good long johns LOL

my family is all steeler fans so I think I may watch this game alone
    You can still look good in long-johns trust me. Long as they are tight, LOL.

SA Affiliate - Sports Jabber Deb's Avatar
    You can still look good in long-johns trust me. Long as they are tight, LOL.
    I will remember that one. LOL

I would love to trashtalk but the cowboys despite their talent have played sloppy, penalty ridden games all year. Very few times does it appear Wade has had this team ready to play. Injuries have been a killer...but that's all part of the game. It's resting on Romo this week....and the reality is the cowboys have to play like they want it and they certainly need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    This is gonna be a war.

The Steelers have the best D in the league. The Cowboys O is back to being versatile & stellar with Romo healthy (ignore the reports...his pinkie is fine). Those two units are the strengths of the two teams. I see the key though as the Steelers' inconsistent (and wounded) O against the Cowboys inconsistent (and mistake-prone) D. Due to all of the above, I see a low-scoring smash-mouth game.

Prediction: Cowboys 17, Steelers 13.

Note to NOVA STEELERS:

P.S. As Deb said, we'll get some CP'ers over here to do some good-natured 'cussin n DISScussin' with yalls.
    I wouldn't say the pinkie is fine. He got Witten murdered last week for lobbing up a pass to him. He's done that a lot since coming back from the pinkie injury. He's had a lot of ducks thrown too. Don't get me wrong. He's been great injured or not. But in tough weather conditions that pinkie could act up.

Gold Standard
    This is one of my favorite rivalries. Two of the most storied, winning franchises that together have brought football fans three of the better Superbowls ever played. If this game doesn't get the blood pumping, better check the pulse. You might be dead. Regardless of the Cowboys struggles this season they are still a dangerous team and this game should be a great one. Cowboys are second in the league behind the Steelers in sacks and we have had some protection issues this year. To say I am a little concerned about lard-*** Max Starks protecting Ben's blindside against Demarcus Ware is an understatement. The winner of that matchup could decide the game.
    http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BlackGold4vr View Post
    This is one of my favorite rivalries. Two of the most storied, winning franchises that together have brought football fans three of the better Superbowls ever played. If this game doesn't get the blood pumping, better check the pulse. You might be dead. Regardless of the Cowboys struggles this season they are still a dangerous team and this game should be a great one. Cowboys are second in the league behind the Steelers in sacks and we have had some protection issues this year. To say I am a little concerned about lard-*** Max Starks protecting Ben's blindside against Demarcus Ware is an understatement. The winner of that matchup could decide the game.
    Starks is getting better every game. Im not saying he is the way to go on that spot, but i think he can hold his own against a really banged up Ware... Now if they bring more than one guy on that site, its lost :-P Stark dosnt work very well when he have to focus on more than running someone over, and Moore and Parker can only block so much.. None of them is capable of holding Ware for long... Expect to see a lot of 3 TE sets from the Steelers in this game (more than we normally use, which is a scary scary thought!)

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    Starks is getting better every game. Im not saying he is the way to go on that spot, but i think he can hold his own against a really banged up Ware... Now if they bring more than one guy on that site, its lost :-P Stark dosnt work very well when he have to focus on more than running someone over, and Moore and Parker can only block so much.. None of them is capable of holding Ware for long... Expect to see a lot of 3 TE sets from the Steelers in this game (more than we normally use, which is a scary scary thought!)
    I don't think the three TE sets is scary, in fact, I think it is a winning game plan. With a back and a couple TE's that can slip off and be an emergency valve for Ben, we can keep him on his feet. They are going to be heavy pass anyway and if we get up on them, look out Romo, here comes The Bruise Brothers.
    Last edited by ejsteeler; 12-04-2008 at 02:06 PM.

"Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

This game will be the most interesting game of our season I think. Romo gets skittish if he gets pressure and throws his share of picks. But if our secondary isn't 100% and charged up, we'll see the score quickly get out of range to win. Very interesting game.

-Steelers70
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelers70 View Post
    This game will be the most interesting game of our season I think. Romo gets skittish if he gets pressure and throws his share of picks. But if our secondary isn't 100% and charged up, we'll see the score quickly get out of range to win. Very interesting game.

-Steelers70
    Romo only has 8 picks and the majority of those have come in the 1st half. I haven't been this amped about a game since the Cowboys went against the Pats last season and got their asses handed to them. I hope this outcome will be different lol.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I always look forward to games where I have friends coming over to cheer on their team. This week its my little buddy from work. He's young but pretty knowledgeable about the game. When he bashed the prevent Def, he was in...lol However, this is a match up I have always loved because of the rich history between the two teams. The rivalry is great, and the games are always good ones. This is the first between Ben and Romo, and it is a highly anticipated showdown. Should live up to the hype, and I hope it set a stage for maybe a SB showdown sometime in the future between the two QB.

Cowboys 16
    Steelers 29

Thread Information