Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A MUST win for Dallas!!

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

A MUST win for Dallas!!

Yep, they must win this game to even stand a chance to make the PO's. They lose they're out!!

Will this mean they play too hard and make mistakes???

You can count on their D to be fired up, but can Romo & crew handle the COLD and our pass rush????

Can our O-line keep Ben upright?

This game will be in Bens hands IMO!!!

Not a must win IMO. The Cowboys HAVE to beat Eagles and Giants because they're in their division. If the Cowboys lose to the Steelers it will make things more difficult for them to get into the post season but not too much. I think going 2-2 in this stretch of games is respectable for the Cowboys. They'd like to go 3-1 or 4-0 but the competition is extremely tough. But must win? No not yet.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Its a must win if they want to rule their own destiny. they start losing and they have to hope others lose as well as they are not in the playoffs right now. That's probably what Latrobe was thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by ejsteeler View Post
    Its a must win if they want to rule their own destiny. they start losing and they have to hope others lose as well as they are not in the playoffs right now. That's probably what Latrobe was thinking.
    He said the Cowboys need to win in order to have any chance of making the playoffs. That's what I disagreed with. Cowboys lose its not over by any means. Falcon's, Bucc's and Panthers are have to play each other so they're not going to win out.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by rocyaice View Post
    He said the Cowboys need to win in order to have any chance of making the playoffs. That's what I disagreed with. Cowboys lose its not over by any means. Falcon's, Bucc's and Panthers are have to play each other so they're not going to win out.
    All of them can lose one and the cowgirls will still be looking in from the outside. I hope they do not think it is a must win. Let them relax back on their laurels. It will make it that much easier to take them down.

Quote Originally Posted by ejsteeler View Post
    All of them can lose one and the cowgirls will still be looking in from the outside. I hope they do not think it is a must win. Let them relax back on their laurels. It will make it that much easier to take them down.
    No they wouldn't lol. If the Falcons and Cowboys both lose this week than the Cowboys would take their spot in the wild card. That's why I said this game isn't a must-win. The only reason the Falcons are ahead of the Cowboys is because the Cowboys are 6-4 in their conference and the Falcons are 5-3. If the Falcons lose to the Saints and the Cowboys lose to a non division Steelers than the Cowboys would be in the wild card spot over the Cowboys.

If the Pats and Boys both miss the playoffs, I will consider it a great source of pride that the Steelers had a part in making them both watch the playoffs from their living rooms.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Make no mistake the cowboys are fighting for a wildcard and they can probably stand to lose 1 out of the last 4 realistically as it stands now to be assured of a playoff spot. They'll be coming out with the idea of winning this game at all costs so we need to be on top of our game as well and not get behind or let them hang around.

Dallas is a good test for this team, they have playmakers all over the place.

One thing, I was talking to a diehard cowboys fan here at work, he was mentioning about how the Dallas line is susceptible to the pass rush and especially on the ends with speed rushers so that may work out well for Harrison and Wood especially. Romo is a very good escape artist so we can't let him get outside and start running around. The outside guys need to keep contain while the inside 3 get a push. If we can do that or at the very least flush him out of the pocket just enough to let the pursuit get there it will be a plus for us.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Make no mistake the cowboys are fighting for a wildcard and they can probably stand to lose 1 out of the last 4 realistically as it stands now to be assured of a playoff spot. They'll be coming out with the idea of winning this game at all costs so we need to be on top of our game as well and not get behind or let them hang around.

Dallas is a good test for this team, they have playmakers all over the place.

One thing, I was talking to a diehard cowboys fan here at work, he was mentioning about how the Dallas line is susceptible to the pass rush and especially on the ends with speed rushers so that may work out well for Harrison and Wood especially. Romo is a very good escape artist so we can't let him get outside and start running around. The outside guys need to keep contain while the inside 3 get a push. If we can do that or at the very least flush him out of the pocket just enough to let the pursuit get there it will be a plus for us.

Thank you!

Rookie Free Agent
    The way Romo plays when he gets pressure on him is terrible. I think we should be able to blitz enough and get pressure on him that he throws a few picks. The Dallas O-line is pretty slow and there strongest player in my opinion is Barber who I don't think stands too much of a chance against our run D. On the other side of the ball I think all we need to do is just stay balanced with run and pass and we should be fine. There defense isn't anything to worry about other than their D line.

Thread Information