Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A MUST win for Dallas!!

Bookmark and Share
    Contain will be KEY like Top said. If you have watched Romo play like i do, there is something to be said about dudes ability to keep plays alive, then throw a 65 yard bomb with ease. We have to have Harrison and Wood get a hand on him or force him up the middle while the D line keeps their gap responsibility. Casey and Aaron are great at staying at home in the middle to take down qbs stepping up in the pocket.

--- Added 12/2/2008 at 02:30 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by champnation View Post
    There defense isn't anything to worry about other than their D line.
    Hate to argue with a steeler fan, but D.Ware has more sacks that Canty, Ellis and Ratliff combined!!! Not to mention more than Silverback... then again Troy has as many or more Ints than their whole team!!! You may just be right

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by rocyaice View Post
    No they wouldn't lol. If the Falcons and Cowboys both lose this week than the Cowboys would take their spot in the wild card. That's why I said this game isn't a must-win. The only reason the Falcons are ahead of the Cowboys is because the Cowboys are 6-4 in their conference and the Falcons are 5-3. If the Falcons lose to the Saints and the Cowboys lose to a non division Steelers than the Cowboys would be in the wild card spot over the Cowboys.
    I stand corrected. Somehow I had Atlanta's numbers different.
    Still a must win for them though....

Quote Originally Posted by ejsteeler View Post
    I stand corrected. Somehow I had Atlanta's numbers different.
    Still a must win for them though....
    lol, in a way you have a great point ... Im really not sure if Dallas can win out VS. PHI,NYG and BAL. if they were to lose to us... thats almost as bad as our remaining schedule with the way the Ratbirds are playing!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Absolutely. These are the games that will define our season. Strap in boys, it's going to get rough.

The way Romo plays when he gets pressure on him is terrible. I think we should be able to blitz enough and get pressure on him that he throws a few picks. The Dallas O-line is pretty slow and there strongest player in my opinion is Barber who I don't think stands too much of a chance against our run D. On the other side of the ball I think all we need to do is just stay balanced with run and pass and we should be fine. There defense isn't anything to worry about other than their D line.
    Are you serious? Most of Romos big plays come on plays where he gets pressure. You really need to check the Cowboys out before you keep going with this false sense lol.

I love the matchup the Cowboys defense is gonna have with the Steelers offense. Anthony Henry on Ward? I'll take a physical CB on a physical WR. Newman on Holmes.....Holmes doesn't exist as far as this game goes. Ware, Spencer and Ellis from the outsides....I'll take it. As long as the Cowboys safeties man up and play like they have been It will be a defensive struggle and I like the Cowboys chances of scoring on offense more than the Steelers.

Of course that crap they call a field (you know it's not good...not trying to start anything but there's nothing else I can use to decribe it that's as "nice") and the weather will be the biggest factors for both teams in this game.

It's far from a "must win" too. So if the Cowboys win out cept lose this game they'll be 11-5 sitting out?
    .:Recent:.

Tailgate Coordinator
    Don't believe it is a must win for the Cowboys.

I'm A "Champion"

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    It wont help them to lose. The panthers, Bucs and falcons are ahead of them. A lose could force them to need help, and backing in to the playoffs is never a good thing. i think its a must win for them. but its not over if they lose. A lot can happen in 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    It wont help them to lose. The panthers, Bucs and falcons are ahead of them. A lose could force them to need help, and backing in to the playoffs is never a good thing. i think its a must win for them. but its not over if they lose. A lot can happen in 4 weeks.

Cowboys feel this is a must-win. Trust me they're going to give everything like its a playoff game. And the Falcons, Panthers and Buc's really don't factor because none of them can win out since they all play each other. Well I guess if one of them wins out. But Falcon's and Bucc's aren't going to get losses.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by RW318 View Post
    Are you serious? Most of Romos big plays come on plays where he gets pressure. You really need to check the Cowboys out before you keep going with this false sense lol.

I love the matchup the Cowboys defense is gonna have with the Steelers offense. Anthony Henry on Ward? I'll take a physical CB on a physical WR. Newman on Holmes.....Holmes doesn't exist as far as this game goes. Ware, Spencer and Ellis from the outsides....I'll take it. As long as the Cowboys safeties man up and play like they have been It will be a defensive struggle and I like the Cowboys chances of scoring on offense more than the Steelers.

Of course that crap they call a field (you know it's not good...not trying to start anything but there's nothing else I can use to decribe it that's as "nice") and the weather will be the biggest factors for both teams in this game.

It's far from a "must win" too. So if the Cowboys win out cept lose this game they'll be 11-5 sitting out?

Well, well. Look who came out of the closet!.........

The way Romo plays when he gets pressure on him is terrible. I think we should be able to blitz enough and get pressure on him that he throws a few picks. The Dallas O-line is pretty slow and there strongest player in my opinion is Barber who I don't think stands too much of a chance against our run D. On the other side of the ball I think all we need to do is just stay balanced with run and pass and we should be fine. There defense isn't anything to worry about other than their D line.
    As a guy who's seen every game Romo has played to date I have to disagree here. Romo doesn't fold under pressure. I guess he gets that title because of that bobbled field goal attempt he caused but at quarterback he's always composed back there. Even if he's sacked. Actually he ends up throwing INT'S forcing balls to TO and Witten.

And you could be right about our defense. But the past 3 weeks or since Terrence Newman has returend the Cowboys have become solid. Its hard to tell how solid after facing the Redskins, 9ers and Seahawks but nonetheless they've done a solid job taking care of business defensively. Wade Phillips is calling play's on defense and ever since then the Cowboys have been sacking monsters. They went from 6th in the league 3 weeks ago to being 1 sack away from leading the league in sacks.

Thread Information