Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers can clinch a playoff spot this week if...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

Steelers can clinch a playoff spot this week if...

They beat the Cowboys, and the Patriots lose in Seattle and the Dolphins lose in Buffalo (which btw will be played up in Toronto,Canada). Here is how it can happen...

If Pittsburgh wins vs Dallas:

Pittsburgh's worst possible record would be 10-6(8-4 in the AFC)

If New England loses vs Seattle:

New England's best possible record would be 10-6(Pittsburgh wins head to head tie-breaker)

If Miami loses vs Buffalo:

Miami's best possible record would be 10-6(7-5 in the AFC, Pittsburgh wins this tie breaker)

With the Miami loss vs Buffalo, you have to consider Buffalo.

Buffalo's best possible record would be 10-6.

1st tie-breaker is head to head

Not applicable

2nd tie-breaker is conference record

worst for Pittsburgh is 8-4 and best for Buffalo is 8-4.

still tied

3rd tie-breaker is record in common games(min 4 games)

Buffalo's best possible record would be 3-2(JAC,SD,NEx2,CLE)

Pittsburgh's worst possible record would be 4-1(JAC,SD,NE,CLEx2)

STEELERS ARE IN!!!!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I think it would be better to win all four of our final games, and hope the Titans drop one to someone other than us so we can get home field through out. 13-3 sounds good to me, and I would love another shot at the Giants. Everyone sucks but us,and I hate all the world....

Why isn't Baltimore figured into that equation? Or are you just saying the Steelers could be no worse than a wild card?

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I think it would be better to win all four of our final games, and hope the Titans drop one to someone other than us so we can get home field through out. 13-3 sounds good to me, and I would love another shot at the Giants. Everyone sucks but us,and I hate all the world....
    I agree with you and it's a very possible scenario as well. The Titans play at Indianapolis the last week of the season which is a game where the Titans most definitely can lose. The Steelers the last week play the Cleveland Browns who will have Ken Dorsey as their starting QB for the remainder of the season. I know it's a long way off but if the Steelers can win the next two weeks against the Cowboys and Ravens it is going to make this scenario very very possible for it to come true...

Tailgate Coordinator
    What AZ said. Evrybody thinks that we can get in if we beat Dallas and lose to the ravens, titans, and Stains?

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Basically if that scenario plays out as 43 mentioned we'd be atleast in as a wildcard 6th seed if we didn't win another game. Obviously nobody wants that in terms of squeaking in but that's how it could happen.

This team needs to have tunnel vision like Tomlin mentioned, you focus on your next opponent and give it everything you got. Then you move on to the next one. We do that and play like we have been and things will work out for us in the postseason.

I can't see NE or the Dolphins losing really. I do feel that if we beat Dallas we will be in the playoffs, it is just to be determined if it is as a division winner or( God-forbid) a wildcard. We just need to take it one game at a time and worry about this week's opponet, not what is ahead of us. I would love to get the one seed from TN. My only worry is that the one seed in the AFC(aside from the Cheaters last year) haven't done squat in the playoffs recently.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There's going to be a log jam for those final 2 wildcard spots like you wouldn't believe in the next few weeks. Between the Ratbirds, Dolphins, Pats, even the Bills are still in it barely.

I thinnk the best thing we can do as a team, is take care of business week in and week out. If BAL loses out and we go 2-2 to win the division, doesnt make us any better as a team heading into the playoffs. I'd rahter go 4-0 or 3-1 (beating baltimore) gaining momentum going into the playoffs. We REALLY need our offense to continue to gel and our defense to capitalize on some more missed oppurtunities. If that happens we can be a VERY dangerous team to anybody anywhere!

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I thinnk the best thing we can do as a team, is take care of business week in and week out. If BAL loses out and we go 2-2 to win the division, doesnt make us any better as a team heading into the playoffs. I'd rahter go 4-0 or 3-1 (beating baltimore) gaining momentum going into the playoffs. We REALLY need our offense to continue to gel and our defense to capitalize on some more missed oppurtunities. If that happens we can be a VERY dangerous team to anybody anywhere!
    I agree..... We continue to play good football, getting better every weekend. We can win out 4-0, with a good head of steam into the playoffs.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Thread Information