Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falcons try to stick it to Steeler fans

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Angry Falcons try to stick it to Steeler fans

Take a look at this bunch of crap !!!! This just goes to prove that Atlanta is afraid of our fans plain and simple. There's no other team that travels as well as we do and they're so terrified of our fans invading the Georgia dome that they are trying this stunt !

If you ask me this is flat out ridiculous and the league should step in and make some rules against teams trying to force this on not only their own fans but rival fans. Gimme a break already and grow the hell up !

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/2006/10...rena-football/

If you're a die-hard Pittsburgh Steelers fan, you probably couldn't care less about who the Georgia Force's quarterback is. But the Atlanta Falcons want you to care.

The Falcons host the Steelers on Sunday, and Atlanta's front office knows that Pittsburgh has a lot of loyal fans who love to travel to cheer on their team, especially when the weather is turning colder in Pittsburgh and the Steelers are visiting a warmer city. So the Falcons thought up a novel way to screw the Pittsburgh fans who want to see the Steelers: They're forcing anyone who buys tickets to Falcons-Steelers to also buy tickets to the Falcons-Cowboys game later in the year, and to buy season tickets to the Georgia Force.

So if you're a Pittsburgh fan and want to see one NFL game, you have to pay $215 and buy tickets to another NFL game that doesn't involve your team, and you have to buy season tickets to a team in another sport. My favorite part of this is the fine print at the bottom: "Force schedule to be released later this year. Packages are available in limited quantities. Georgia Force season ticket is located in the upper level." So you're buying season tickets when the schedule hasn't even been released, and they're in the cheap seats.

Mike Florio of Pro Football Talk is a lawyer, and he says the Falcons are pushing the envelope on antitrust laws by doing this. It'll be interesting to see whether any fans take them to court, or if the NFL decides to put a stop to this practice before it comes to that.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well wouldn't this be kind of screwing their own fans too? I don't see how this is even legal for them to do. I say every Steelers fan should go by those tickets just to **** them off anyways. Then we could sell the ticks to the Cowboys game to only Cowboys fans. See how they like two away teams taking over their stadium instead of one.....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah in that blog atleast 2 people said they could care less about the Georgia force team or whatever their name is. I mean really its so childish its not even funny.

I dont see how they can get away with it either !

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    Its called EBAY duh and Stubhub

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Someone should find a smilely of a bull dropping a dump because that's what this is Bullshit!
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Isn't this discrimination? I would love to see stats of ticket purchase requirements for other games versus Steelers games. How do they judge what tickets must have the additional tickets purchased? Any way you look at this it comes out as discrimination. This needs to be addressed to the NFL, Players Union, and multiple local and superior courts. You don't f*ck wit the Steeler Nation!!

BuFu

so many teams have tried to pull this on us. Cincy does every year and we see how well that works. Actually it hasn't worked at any stadium that has tried it. Like Blitz said all you have to do is get it from a ticket broker or ebay...they just want to sell, they don't care if you are a Steelers fan!

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wonder how often they pulled this stunt in the past

Well last year year 5 of our away games did this to our fans, but I don't know if the Falcons have ever done it to anyone else.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

This is really getting to be ridiculous around the NFL, something needs to be done about it because these other teams are starting to fleece the fans! I guess you could always try and sell the other tickets and maybe turn a small profit on it

Thread Information