Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One black mark in the game

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

One black mark in the game

Yes I'm happy we won,I'm overjoyed because it was the Pats , but will someone explain to me:

Why after they pull an ineffective Parker out of the game, they put him back in? Moore was eating up yards and for no apparent reason the put Willie back in.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Yes I'm happy we won,I'm overjoyed because it was the Pats , but will someone explain to me:

Why after they pull an ineffective Parker out of the game, they put him back in? Moore was eating up yards and for no apparent reason the put Willie back in.
    Parker ended up having a solid game in his own right and even broke that long run late in the game....But that long run did show that Willie isn't 100 percent since he didn't take it to the house for six....A healthy Willie takes that to the house.....I like Moore and he a better all around RB then Willie Parker....But you have to remember he isn't the type of back that can just pound the ball week in and week out....I don't want Moore dead for the play-offs.......This offense needs more then 1 RB.....

Moore really has saved the offenses *** this season.....But the coaches have to be careful not to over work him and ask him to carry to much of the load......

I thought the same thing but Parker did get himself some yards though... at that point though I think the defense was already worn out and they were trying to conserve Moore for the rest of the season!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I like the fact they finally used both throughout the game. Amazing how they both ran well supporting each other.

I'll stick to what I have been saying, start Moore and bring Parker in when the D is tired and he is fresh. That is when he will break those long runs.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Parker ended up having a solid game in his own right and even broke that long run late in the game....But that long run did show that Willie isn't 100 percent since he didn't take it to the house for six....A healthy Willie takes that to the house.....I like Moore and he a better all around RB then Willie Parker....But you have to remember he isn't the type of back that can just pound the ball week in and week out....I don't want Moore dead for the play-offs.......This offense needs more then 1 RB.....

Moore really has saved the offenses *** this season.....But the coaches have to be careful not to over work him and ask him to carry to much of the load......
    I agree with you there. we do have another back and today would have been a good time to give Russell a few carries

Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I thought the same thing but Parker did get himself some yards though... at that point though I think the defense was already worn out and they were trying to conserve Moore for the rest of the season!
    He did get some yards, but what got me was...he had a clear shot at a first down but ran out of bounds instead.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    I like the fact they finally used both throughout the game. Amazing how they both ran well supporting each other.

I'll stick to what I have been saying, start Moore and bring Parker in when the D is tired and he is fresh. That is when he will break those long runs.
    I don't care who starts just as long as both are effective.....Parker would have taken that long run to house if he was indeed 100 percent....You could tell he was missing some of his speed there.....

--- Added 11/30/2008 at 09:30 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    I agree with you there. we do have another back and today would have been a good time to give Russell a few carries

He did get some yards, but what got me was...he had a clear shot at a first down but ran out of bounds instead.
    Yes I know we have a Gary Russell....I watched him play in college were he was a badass.....So you don't have tell me about Gary Russell....He also did get three carries for a total of 1 yard....He did score a late TD.....But he isn't the savior of this running game and to think so is foolish...Parker had 16 carries for 87 yards.....What more do you want?.....Only problem with Willie this year is how many carries before he is injured again......Point is this team needs Parker, Moore, and yes even Russell.......They don't have the 1 RB anymore that can just pound it all game long......

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked
    Nate Washington Same O'l nate different day

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Early on the Pats were selling out to stop the run so nobody can say if Moore would have been effective in the 1st quarter any more than Willie was. They went back to him because he's a big part of the offense and we need him to keep this thing going. You can't just bench a guy for the rest of the game because he struggled early on. Parker got going and made a lot of big runs just like Moore did. Willie is starting to come back from injury and hopefully he'll get healthy.

He was clearly not willing to plant that left leg and cut but he was ok north and south. He'll continue to get his sea legs back as the weeks go on.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post

Yes I know we have a Gary Russell....I watched him play in college were he was a badass.....So you don't have tell me about Gary Russell....He also did get three carries for a total of 1 yard....He did score a late TD.....But he isn't the savior of this running game and to think so is foolish...Parker had 16 carries for 87 yards.....What more do you want?.....Only problem with Willie this year is how many carries before he is injured again......Point is this team needs Parker, Moore, and yes even Russell.......They don't have the 1 RB anymore that can just pound it all game long......
    I don't think Russell is the savior but I do think he can be an effective Back for us. His 3 carries for 1 yard were at the goal line.

As for Parker , I'm in no way knocking Willie ,I think FWP is da man. My point is ...why not let him sit and get 100% . We have some tough games ahead and a well rested and healthy Parked will be needed. As it stands now ,we have a back that can run a few plays with no threat of going all the way and has to come out to rest his knee.

I've said the same thing about Ben, we has a few games were I think we could have won with Leftwich and Ben could have sat and rested his shoulder as iot stands we'll finish the season with a bangedup QB and RB.

Its all good as long as we win.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We as Steeler fans are just used to see the usual 1 back power attack but that is long gone and this team needs all 3 components to contribute every week. Willie and Mewelde are the 2 backs that just compliment each other well and then you throw in Russel for the short yardage stuff and power runs and it makes for a good formula for success. If Russell were thrown into the mix for more carries for some reason Im sure he'd do well too, but right now what we have works and there's only so many touches for the backs to get in a game.

Thread Information