Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers are fine!

Bookmark and Share

Steelers are fine!

We have had our share of injuries for sure.Did you ever, one time hear anyone on the team say," We would have won that game" , if we had "so" and "so" in the line-up?
    I have heard them say if he can't play... "somebody else got to step up and play".
    Thats where "coach" Tomlin comes in, along with some other coaches. "Anyone" on this team has the chance to be a starter.
    Cower started a lot of "you have to grab hold of that chance when you get it". Tomlin is leading this team to believe just that.
    He knows himself, that he is growing also! This is his second year at the helm ,he has got to be thinking of the mistakes that he has made. He has to got to be!!!! If we can get through this stretch ,with other players stepping in.........and make it through......watch out, who ever the team is ,that we must line-up against.
    The monster may be let loose big time! I would not be surprised,if we trample the N.E. team. I would just sit there and smile to myself.
    Steelers....big time!!!

frankly, i wouldn't be surprised if we blew out the remaining teams on our schedule. i said a few weeks ago that our offense WILL come around in a huge way. we've seen sparks of this the last couple of weeks. i know the bolts game was decided by 1 friggin point but we beat them up pretty bad.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    And on the flip side I wouldn't be that surprised if we totally tank against the Pats and lose again the 4th quarter if not sooner. We are a precarious 8-3 right now, when you have 3 losses against winning teams and 8 wins against tied or losing teams at the time that tells me that this team is on the brink of either success or failure again. Our Defense is just sick, one of the best units we've witnessed in recent history. Our ST is really stepping up, but our beloved black n gold will go as far as Ben can take us.

My Mood
    Addicted
    It all depends on our Play Calling an Bens execution plain an simple

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    And on the flip side I wouldn't be that surprised if we totally tank against the Pats and lose again the 4th quarter if not sooner. We are a precarious 8-3 right now, when you have 3 losses against winning teams and 8 wins against tied or losing teams at the time that tells me that this team is on the brink of either success or failure again. Our Defense is just sick, one of the best units we've witnessed in recent history. Our ST is really stepping up, but our beloved black n gold will go as far as Ben can take us.
    well said, TG. well said.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

I fail to see how you say we are in a precarious situation,when we have had,stand-ins filling our positions? We have a chance to demolish a team, that has been a thorn in our side. There can not be any pitty ,when it comes to this game!!! You never show your hand on the first draw!!!!! You may limit the game footage ,but you also limit the footage of what you may want to accomplish for this "one" game.
    Last edited by Gettysburgh_Steel; 11-25-2008 at 11:19 PM. Reason: I'm sorry dude,but this is a crush!!!!!,Game.

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    I know, I know, we have Arians calling the shots on offense but I have a strong feeling that Ben and the rest of the offense is gonna play the way that we have been waiting for them to play.
    The team has an extended period of rest and preperation so I expect that we will see new things the rest of the way from the offense. I FEEL IT!

The question is ,can they stop what we bring to the table.........answer......no,i don't think so! We are the better team, We have the chance to prove it ,and i am sure that we will! Coaches and coaching , is what this game will be about! Not personell!!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Gettysburgh_Steel View Post
    I fail to see how you say we are in a precarious situation,when we have had,stand-ins filling our positions? We have a chance to demolish a team, that has been a thorn in our side. There can not be any pitty ,when it comes to this game!!! You never show your hand on the first draw!!!!! You may limit the game footage ,but you also limit the footage of what you may want to accomplish for this "one" game.

Well mainly because our 8 wins have come against lesser opponents and even in some of those games it was close right up until the 4th quarter or the end of the game. Sure our backups have shown up big for us, we wouldn't be 8-3 without them for sure but the offense has failed us miserably in all 3 losses. Especially the Giants game and the Colts game. Believe me nothing would make me happier than seeing us stick it to Belicheat and the Pats, I'll be the first one waving the terrible towel if we rip their hearts out. I know we can beat them just like we could have beaten the Giants and Colts but Im just leary of getting to torqued up about this team right now until we beat a good, solid, well coached, team like the Pats. If we can win this game I'll be convinced we're on the right track and finally starting to put it all together. If we don't though it's another loss and another step backward in the division where we once held a 3 game lead.

well this is the perfect chance to draw that notion from any dis-believers head. Not only do i believe that we are Knockin on the door, but we are comin in! Everything that we stand for ,is at stake right now. Trust and being a team will get us there.

Thread Information