Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some things to think about here...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    panthers-hater

Some things to think about here...

The most points we gave up in a game was 24 to Indy and 14 of those points, they started at our 30 due to mistakes (ints).

The Jets scored 34 on Tenn, The Pats scored 48 on Miami, Balt scored 36 on Philly. Can you see our D giving up that many points to these teams. Could it happen, I'll never say never to anything, but I'm 99.9 % sure it won't.

Our D is going to keep us in games. Our O has the talent to put up numbers on any given Sunday, but I think we just need them to give us 21 and if they can't do that just don't give the other team a short field.

The way our team is built in 2008, we will win a championship on a great D and with an efficient, mistake free offense.

Will it be pretty, probably not, but if you're standing there with the Vince Lombardi Trophy at the end of the night on February 1st in Tampa like this Steelers team still has a legit chance to do it will be the prettiest picture yet.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The way our team is built in 2008, we will win a championship on a great D and with an efficient, mistake free offense.
    When you find us playing efficient and mistake free on offense please let me know cuz I haven't seen it yet. I've seen it for a quarter here and there, maybe a half, but I've yet to see this team play a complete game where all 3 phases don't blow it. We can overcome a turnover or a bad series depending on the point in time of the game but the way our offense has been it's an all or nothing. Either we don't turn it over but just can't score in the redzone or we score but turn it over 2 or 3 times in a game and blow it.

My Mood
    Angry
    Assuming the Steelers get into the playoffs......because nothing is close to being wrapped up yet the only way they get deep into the tournament and maybe win the whole thing is for(Ben)not to throw any costly turnovers, the offensive line to provide better protection and run the ball more efficiently....not to mention an offensive coordinator who calls plays like he picking them out of a hat to start being more intelligent and using his common sense.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    When you find us playing efficient and mistake free on offense please let me know cuz I haven't seen it yet. I've seen it for a quarter here and there, maybe a half, but I've yet to see this team play a complete game where all 3 phases don't blow it. We can overcome a turnover or a bad series depending on the point in time of the game but the way our offense has been it's an all or nothing. Either we don't turn it over but just can't score in the redzone or we score but turn it over 2 or 3 times in a game and blow it.
    I agree with you TG I probably shouldnt have stated it as "We Will" win a championship, more like ''We can" win a championship and are capable of winning a championship if the D keeps doing it thing which I think it most definitely will, and the offense with Ben and Arians doesnt screw it up and continue to make mistakes and turn the ball over. Right now despite the Jets dominating win over the Titans yesterday this AFC is still right there for the taking and the Steelers have a good a shot as anybody of coming out of the AFC and making it to the Super Bowl. But as you stated they most definitely have to clean things up on offense and be much more consistent with their play.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I agree with you TG I probably shouldnt have stated it as "We Will" win a championship, more like ''We can" win a championship and are capable of winning a championship if the D keeps doing it thing which I think it most definitely will, and the offense with Ben and Arians doesnt screw it up and continue to make mistakes and turn the ball over. Right now despite the Jets dominating win over the Titans yesterday this AFC is still right there for the taking and the Steelers have a good a shot as anybody of coming out of the AFC and making it to the Super Bowl. But as you stated they most definitely have to clean things up on offense and be much more consistent with their play.
    I agree with your posts all the time and I really can't argue against them....I agree that the Steelers have as good a shot as any team to win the Super Bowl....Now if Marsha wasn't lost for the season then I think the Pats would be unbeaten at this point and the best team in the NFL....But he isn't and Matt Cassel is doing his best Tom Brady act the past two weeks....Which I think is a total fraud.....We shall see Sunday......

But the Steelers offense hasn't been consistent enough at this point and we all know they have been better talent at their skill positions then what we have seen this far this season.....The defense is championship level but I would like this team to at least have 1 shut out this season........With the way the offense is at times this defense might need a shut out to win the game....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The game that really burns me up is that colts game, we had them dead to rights and all we had to do was keep doing in the 2nd half what we did in the first but Arians and Ben got greedy and we threw that pick just before halftime and that was the end of it. That's what scares me about us playing a good team. We just can't close the deal.

Same with the Giants game, our D was playing great and we would have had them but our inept offense just killed us.

My Mood
    panthers-hater
    The game that really burns me up is that colts game, we had them dead to rights and all we had to do was keep doing in the 2nd half what we did in the first but Arians and Ben got greedy and we threw that pick just before halftime and that was the end of it. That's what scares me about us playing a good team. We just can't close the deal.

Same with the Giants game, our D was playing great and we would have had them but our inept offense just killed us.
    I agree TG on everything you said and that is the key right there. The Steelers defense has and will continue to give them a chance to win every single game they play. If Ben and Arians and this offense as a whole can just avoid mistakes and giving the other teams chances with golden opportunities like we did in the Giants and Colts games this Steelers team can beat anybody. If they can clean these things up and finish games off they will win in the playoffs and advance far. If they do what they did in the Giants and Colts games come playoff time despite the great efforts from the defense in those games the Steelers arent going to win in the playoffs...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's the encouraging part for me 43, is that every game we lost this year except for the Eagles game, we either led or had a chance to win it at the end. This team has so much potential that the average fan of other teams doesn't even realize what a roster this is. I mean honestly we should be sitting here at 10-1 right now by all rights. If this offense can just get hot and stay hot I know the sky is the limit for this team in 2008. We've yet to see it which is the concerning part.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    That's the encouraging part for me 43, is that every game we lost this year except for the Eagles game, we either led or had a chance to win it at the end. This team has so much potential that the average fan of other teams doesn't even realize what a roster this is. I mean honestly we should be sitting here at 10-1 right now by all rights. If this offense can just get hot and stay hot I know the sky is the limit for this team in 2008. We've yet to see it which is the concerning part.
    Yea this team should be 10-1 and the fact they're 8-3 pisses me off...lol Ktrain asked why I'm so hostile at times.....Well I have seen this team gift wrapped games for the other to many times over the years.....I also have seen the Steelers fall apart to many times in the play-offs and AFC title games......The fact the Steelers really should have won 2-3 more Super Bowl in the Cowher years pisses me off even more....lol This is why I'm hostile and this is why I have no patience for Tomlin or excuses for Ben, Troy or any other player that plays like crap even when they're injured....lol

I feel cheated in a way since being a fan of this team...... But I still love this freaking team no matter what.....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's something that I think a lot fans feel, almost cheated considering the talent this team had. Now granted most of the Cowher era we had QB's named Miller, Stewart, Odonnell, etc. so he didn't have the best leaders out there leading the offense but still considering the defense and running games we've had over the last 20 years I really felt this team should have won atleast 2 SB's during that time.

Right now this team needs to take advantage of what's in front of them and take charge of the season.

Thread Information