Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moore really impressing me....

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Chatty

Moore really impressing me....

I feel so confident when I see Moore out there as our RB..I don't feel the same with Parker. I'm really impressed with the power and will or Moore. Does anyone feel he's a better RB than Willie? Willie just seems too light and Moore just pushes and pounds his way to get the yards we need. I don't know I"m just really impressed, he was a huge asset to this team!!!

Thanks Steelers086 for my awesome signature!!!

Thanks for the new avatar SteelerBee!

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    I was wondering what happened to Willie Thursday night, but when Moore came in he had some good runs.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerNC View Post
    I was wondering what happened to Willie Thursday night, but when Moore came in he had some good runs.
    I was wondering the same thing..Parker wasn't really productive out there so I just thought they replaced him with Moore but now I'm wondering about that knee, perhaps he hurt his knee then but it worked out better for us, Moore kept going and going...Loved it!

My Mood
    broncos-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaSteelGirl View Post
    I feel so confident when I see Moore out there as our RB..I don't feel the same with Parker. I'm really impressed with the power and will or Moore. Does anyone feel he's a better RB than Willie? Willie just seems too light and Moore just pushes and pounds his way to get the yards we need. I don't know I"m just really impressed, he was a huge asset to this team!!!

I too am impressed with the play of Moore, I liked him in Minnesota and I love him in the Black and Gold, "fwp" doesn't stand for "fast Willie Parker" anymore, now it stands for "fragile Willie Parker". I wish Tomlin would start Moore and keep Willie as the change of pace back. Moore can do EVERYTHING on that field. I guess wait for see.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play" - Jack Lambert

"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while." - Jack Lambert.

My Mood
    Chatty
    Quote Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
    I too am impressed with the play of Moore, I liked him in Minnesota and I love him in the Black and Gold, "fwp" doesn't stand for "fast Willie Parker" anymore, now it stands for "fragile Willie Parker". I wish Tomlin would start Moore and keep Willie as the change of pace back. Moore can do EVERYTHING on that field. I guess wait for see.
    He reminds me somewhat of Jerome Bettis, I see alot of Jerome potential in him. Tomlin was smart in picking him up! I see great things for him in Black and Gold! He's a real play maker, he'll win many more games for us!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ah yes, here we go again, ok here we go

I'd rather have Willie back there, and use Moore in a complimentary role and 3rd down back, etc. When he came back a couple weeks ago he was running hard, strong, and look like the Willie of old. Moore did a good job for us and we definitely need him as well, we're lucky to have the guy. The running game sputtered in the first half last week along with the whole offense, it wasn't Willie's fault we couldn't do much to move the ball. The passing game was clicking but the Bengals were selling out to stop the run plain and simple, neither team was able to grind it out. The combination of Moore coming in when Parker went down and the fact that the Bengals had to try and stop our passing game too in the 2nd half when we started scoring allowed us to use the running game more effectively. If FWP had been in there we'd have still been able to run the ball.

I think the board is pretty much split down the middle. There are the FWP people and the Moore people. I think Moore brings a little more to the table when he is in the backfield. He can catch the ball, make people miss and can lay some thunder on someone who gets in his way... I just don't see all those qualities from FWP

Willie is great to but his greatness is limited.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Suffice it to say we'd be in worse trouble on offense than we already if we didn't have Moore; he's done a great job in Parkers absence. We need all 3 guys healthy and available for this offense to work and that hasn't been the case this year except for a few guys, and in those games we won. Ben needs all the weapons he can get. I like MW's versatility a lot, but I think teams have a harder time stopping FWP. Also keep in mind that Parker doesn't get many looks in the passing game so we don't really know for sure how good or not good he is in that role.

It's that damn Steelersfan's fault, he started this debate ever since Parker became the starter

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I liked the signing of Moore since he was a quality RB in Minnesota....Moore had a combined 1000 yards rushing/receiving back in 2005 when he was a Viking....He is complete RB....His best skills are catching the ball out of the backfield and picking up the blitz on 3rd down.....Plus he is a good runner in his own right but he is no Jerome Bettis....lol Moore weighs 209 were Bettis topped the scales at 250+ (probably 270-280) late in his career.....Another point Moore hasn't been able to punch it when called upon quite a few times at the 1 yard line this year.....At least 4 times the last few weeks....Bettis wouldn't have been stopped like that from the 1 yard line.....

But Moore isn't that type RB so goal line situations are not his forte.....Moore also isn't a RB that can carry the load week in and week out.....He has done a very good job when called upon and really has saved the Steelers on offense this year....But its foolish to think he can shoulder the complete load at RB for this team.....

But unless Gary Russell steps up and help Moore out then there isn't any other option....Since Willie Parker can't be counted on at this point anymore.....Parker comes back and carries the ball a few times and get hurts again.....That is becoming a huge concern....

Back to Moore like I said he has been a huge asset this year but he is far from a RB that can carry our entire running game and the whole offense really.....He needs help and it would be nice if Ben and the passing game could consistently get in sync to make life easier for Moore and the rest of the RBs really...
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 11-23-2008 at 12:36 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The thing that drives me nuts about Moore is that he won't just lower his head and power his way into the endzone, he tries that ridiculous jumping stuff, or just doesn't hit the hole at the goal line the same way he does in the open field like you mentioned. Parker has gotten a lot better at that than he used to be but still out of the 3 I'd rather have Russel in there doing the short yardage stuff. You're right though that we can't count on having Parker back there for any length of time because he continues to get hurt. I just don't think we'll be able to run the ball enough, consistently if Parker isn't available and we all know if you can't run the ball then you can't win in the playoffs.

This is a point where I was really hoping that Mendenhall would have been able to step up and help carry the load for us this year but that will have to wait obviously. Let's be honest here, there's a reason that Moore isn't a starting RB in this year after all this time. He does a great job in a fill in, complimentary, 3rd down role but asking him to carry the load week in and week out isn't playing to his strengths and it's not what he's best at and our running game suffers. This team needs all 3 backs healthy doing what they are best at if we're going to succeed.

Thread Information