Thread: Whichever team wins the turnover battle will win the Super Bowl...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Whichever team wins the turnover battle will win the Super Bowl...

In the 31 Super Bowls where one team wins the turnover battle, that team is – get ready for this – 29-2. The last team to win a Super Bowl but turn the ball over more than its opponent? Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XIV against Los Angeles. If you look at this Steelers team especially this season when Ben plays bad in particular and he throws picks and fumbles and turns the ball over this Steelers team does not win. I really believe that this is what this game ultimately will come down too this Sunday. Ben has yet to turn the ball over this postseason or thrown any interceptions. And if he simply just take care of the ball, make good decisions, and not put the Steelers defense in any bad spots I really believe the Steelers have legit chance to win this game pretty comfortably if not win it going away. I just saw Deion Sanders do an interview one on one today with Ben at the hotel and asked him The Steelers will win this game IF?? And asked Ben to give him one response and Ben himself simply said "if we don't turn the ball over we will win this game".

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    that's been our MO all this season and really what the Steeler offense is all about. If we turn the ball over we don't fair well. We're good enough to overcome the occasional int. or fumble but if we start giving it away we might as well hang it up. The Cardinals can score from anywhere but if you give them a short field it's all the worse for us.

We know our defense is good enough to create turnovers and help out our offense but as long as Ben and company keep the ball in their own hands we'll put ourselves in a position to win this game.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Good answer Ben Now go out an bring the 6th Championship trophy home back to the AFC where it belongs Go STEELERS

This is really the deal in most games. Whoever turns the ball over the most will lose. Its normally that simple.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    I said it before and I'll say it again. Get the running game going. Every time we have a good day running the ball Ben plays mistake free. Come on WP!!! Your going to be one of the keys to wining this game.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the united steeler nation.
    And to the franchise for which it stands. One nation of domination
    With the ability to crush you all.

A drive that ends with a punt is not the worst thing. I think Ben gets that, at least I hope he does. Pound the rock and lets try to win the old fashion way, T.O.P and great D!
    aushqf4

Thread Information