Page 1 of 48 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers vs. Patriots (Wk. 13) W 33-10

Smile Steelers vs. Patriots (Wk. 13) W 33-10

vs.

Sunday November 30, 2008
    4:15 PM EST

One reoccurring theme the past several weeks is the Steelers defense has had to face at least one of the top 10 Total offensive teams in the league... with the exception being the Bengals last week. Regardless though, the defense has showed it does not matter who they play because they always seem to show up and shut down their opponent. Lately Cassel has been putting up big numbers but this weekend will be his first true test!

Big Ben continues to show some improvements. It's odd thinking Big Ben needs to improve but he just was not looking sharp at all for a few games. The last two though he hasn't held onto the ball and he hasn't turned the ball over. It looks like Willie Parker might be banged up for this game, which means Ben will have his favorite dump off target in the backfield, Moore! Between Moore and Parker it's hard to choose which one is better anymore. They each bring different things to the table, I just think it's a matter of which team they are facing and how their skills match up against that team.

Last year and whack guarantee was blown out of proportion by the media, well this year Smith ran his mouth again and said the exact same thing as last year. The only difference is it hasn't been getting as much hype as last year because the Patriots are nto 11-0 right now. For the Steelers to knock off the Patriots on their home field they need to do the following:
    • Offense needs to wake up and put some point son the board
    • Not take chances on their end of the field to put the pressure on the Defense
    • The "D" needs to do what they have done all year long... shut down their opponent!

Join us this Sunday afternoon as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 12-02-2008 at 01:06 PM.

Space Invaders Champion, Asteroids Champion NOVA STEELERS's Avatar
    My Mood
    Wicked

This is the game that's worried me all season long. Part of me feels it's already over with a loss on our part and part of me feels we can take them and make them look two demensional. To be honest, I can't wait until this week is over.

-Steelers70
    Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil... For I am the meanest S.O.B. in the valley.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive
    I hate this match up because it never favors us. We are 1-4 since Ben took over, and dropped the last four. Now I know that a couple of the games were close, but that was in Pittsburgh, not New England. If we lose again, then it becomes no different then what we do to the Browns, and Bengals. We will be looked at as the team that cant beat New England even with Brady sitting out hurt. I see no reason why we cant win this game. Will Ben get sacked? Of course he's going to get sacked. New England has a pretty good front seven. Should we lose because of that? Hell No, Ben always gets sacked.

Turn overs is what we need. Points off of turn overs will help big time. Do any of you remember our only win over them with Ben at QB? We had turn overs. We scored off of those turn overs. Pressure on Cassle will make a difference here, and we can and should bring lots of it. We jumped on them early when we got our last win, and might have to do it again. I felt that we should of beat them our SB season, but they added a minute and twenty four seconds to the game clock. Do you guys remember that?

If we punch them in the mouth early, take the heat off of our Off, then we should breeze through these guys. If not we better hope for other teams to start to fail because the playoffs could slip away from us. More hangs on this game then we are really talking about.

Steelers 26
    Patriots 23 This game is going into overtime, and Reed will kick a 33 yarder to win it.

Or we just beat their asses 38-10 because on paper they cant handle what we got...

offense is coming around.

men of still 35
    cheats 7
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    I hate this match up because it never favors us. We are 1-4 since Ben took over, and dropped the last four. Now I know that a couple of the games were close, but that was in Pittsburgh, not New England. If we lose again, then it becomes no different then what we do to the Browns, and Bengals. We will be looked at as the team that cant beat New England even with Brady sitting out hurt. I see no reason why we cant win this game. Will Ben get sacked? Of course he's going to get sacked. New England has a pretty good front seven. Should we lose because of that? Hell No, Ben always gets sacked.

Turn overs is what we need. Points off of turn overs will help big time. Do any of you remember our only win over them with Ben at QB? We had turn overs. We scored off of those turn overs. Pressure on Cassle will make a difference here, and we can and should bring lots of it. We jumped on them early when we got our last win, and might have to do it again. I felt that we should of beat them our SB season, but they added a minute and twenty four seconds to the game clock. Do you guys remember that?

If we punch them in the mouth early, take the heat off of our Off, then we should breeze through these guys. If not we better hope for other teams to start to fail because the playoffs could slip away from us. More hangs on this game then we are really talking about.

Steelers 26
    Patriots 23 This game is going into overtime, and Reed will kick a 33 yarder to win it.

Or we just beat their asses 38-10 because on paper they cant handle what we got...
    Ben is 1-3 against the Pats.......He faced the Pats twice in 2004.....Once in the regular season and in the AFC title game.......Then in 2005 at Heinz Field which was another loss.....In 2006 the Steelers didn't play the Pats....The Steelers only played one AFC East team that year and it was the Dolphins in the season opener.....Then last year in New England which of course was a loss.....So 1-3 and lost the last three.....

Our Guys remember our losses 'especially Ben' Cass-uh-roll will be confused and have a crapper game from our confusing & powerful DEFENSE,,,,,,,All we need is Ben to play like he's played the last 2 wks and we will win,,,,,,,, turnovers is the key !

Steelers 27
    Patzeez 20

Warren, OH. It's about a hour & 45 minutes NW from the Burgh.
    I hate to sound negative but Ben was lucky he didn't get picked off on two different occasions against the Bengals. I just hope the Patriots aren't up in the Steeler's heads and they don't press. I want to see them come out loose and with some swagger to them. One thing I did notice was Mike Tomlin seemed to be a little more intense when they faced the Jaguars earlier this year. At the time, the Jag game was a big deal and the Steelers, if I recall, handled some adversity during the course of the game and came back home with the win. The Patriots, like the Jags, handled Tomlin's Steelers quite easily in 07 and I think Mike Tomlin will respond by having the Steelers ready for the war. Steelers- 27 Patriots-17
    Last edited by Moondog; 11-29-2008 at 02:59 AM.

Rookie Free Agent
    Big Ben still needs to show me he wasn't just a fluke from the super bowl year. Ever since his crash I really don't think he has been the same QB. Right now I believe his name is the only thing that is keeping him from being criticized more. I think Steelers can beat New England but it will take our defense having a good game and our offense not making mistakes such as turnovers. My prediction is Steelers 24 and Pats 14.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

Thread Information