Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beware of Bengals Trap

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar

Beware of Bengals Trap

Looking at the schedule, this sets up as the mother of all trap games. I know that in the NFL - you need to prepare every week, but the Steelers will need to battle human nature over the next few days and stay focused to pick up what amounts to a must win in the division. The Bengals are motivated and have been improving. A rilvary game is never a gimmie.

GIANTS
    REDSKINS
    COLTS
    CHARGERS

bengals

PATRIOTS
    COWBOYS
    RAVENS
    TITANS

The bunguls D has been playing good, but they still suck! I don't think it'll be a blow out like last time, but I do see us having 6-8 sacks....

And to be honest I don't know if there back-up QB can handle it on a short week after being dropped 8 times to philly...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

This is a game the Steelers need to have, the Bengals are horrible

Gold Standard

They're All Trap Games

With the way our offense is struggling I don't look at any game as a gimme. We could play the next 6 games against the 6 worst defenses in the league and we would probably still lose 2 of them. Our offense will prevent us from going anywhere in the playoffs this year unless someone kidnaps Bruce Arians and keeps him from planning or attending the playoff games. There are only 5 teams with defenses worse than the Chargers and we couldn't score a touchdown against them at home. Kinda puts things in perspective doesn't it?

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_082009/home.parcoltop11.35513.ImageFile.jpg

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Agreed. Though Ben's was overall pretty darn good, no TD's will not get us though or even in the playoffs. something needs to change or we will be watching from the outside, period.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Eagles D shut down Fitzpatrick for the most part, Douchemanzada had a good game though. Either way they are coming to our house in primetime and we need this game. Fortunately we came out of sunday's game no worse for wear health wise so I look for us to be up big time for this game and then get some much needed rest till the following week.

We can't take them lightly though, not be a long stretch. We got a lead back in the AFCN now we need to keep it!

You never take a division game for granted,

No matter how crappy their record, the Ben-gals hate our guys with a passion and would love to pull this one off in our house! They are out of the playoff picture so this is pretty much for pride on their part and that can be a powerful motivator.

Nevertheless, 24-17 Good guys.
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

OLD SCHOOL FOOTBALL
    No way will this be a trap game. They are a heated rival.
    I would be worried if we were playing the Lions or Rams.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ok its The Bungles..........I understand the NFL that anything can happen on any Given Sunday.....But if the Steelers are a legit play-off team then there is no way the Steelers lose this game....I like the Steelers 30-9 in this win....I'm hoping for a shut out this week and Troy runs back an INT for a TD since the refs robbed him of his TD against the Chargers...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If we lose to the Bengals then the NFL can revoke our record and put us at 0-11 because we should win this game no problem. That's not to say that stranger things have not happened in this league or that they haven't beaten us before but recent history, our roster, our record, our QB, everything points to us winning this game so if we show up and do what we're supposed to we should win this game and go to 8-3. That being said though this team has had a habit of looking past opponents and Tomlin's record in big games is not the best in his young coaching career so we need to show up and put a dagger in their hearts right from the get go and not let them hang around.

The way we controlled the clock and moved the chains against the Chargers we should have won that game by atleast 2 TD's if not more. So yes anything can happen but it better not!

Thread Information