Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Tomlin and Arians know how to use the talent on this roster??

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

Do Tomlin and Arians know how to use the talent on this roster??

I mean these two guys when it comes to handling this offense and playcalling and making decisions continue to make horrific calls down on the goaline and in key situations. Running Mewelde Moore on 4th and goal at the 1 when Willie had been running all over the Chargers was just inexcusable. Also, kicking a FG early on in the game in those conditions when you're going to give up 10 yards of field position if you miss it was just an insane decision as well by Tomlin. I just look at both of these guys and the way they handle the offense and use certain guys and call plays it just looks as if they just have absolutely no clue on how to handle things what so ever. It these kind of things dont improve and dont get better this Steelers team is not going to last long come playoff time.

The FG was a very stupid call, and they ruined Reed's perfect season with no fault to him.

I know a lot of people don't like Tomlin and especially Arians, but there's one thing that counts and we do have a 7 in the win column and a 3 in the losses.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Overall the playcalling in this game minus those couple debacles was actually very good. Ben in a short, quick, passing game along with Willie running the ball was very effective today and the stats back that up.

Now the FG in the 1st quarter was absolutely ridiculous. You never kick a 50 yarder in the 1st quarter in the snow and wind! They should have punted or just gone for it. The 4th and goal was a total joke too, they should have let Ben run it in on a bootleg or done a Tackle eligible or something because the Chargers were ready for something up the middle and they are tough there.

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by blackngold29 View Post
    The FG was a very stupid call, and they ruined Reed's perfect season with no fault to him.

I know a lot of people don't like Tomlin and especially Arians, but there's one thing that counts and we do have a 7 in the win column and a 3 in the losses.
    I agree the bottom line is wins and losses but my point is when you have your QB throw for 300 yards, you have a 100 yard receiver, and a 100 yard rusher and you cant even score 1 Touchdown the entire game there is something wrong there. These kind of things had better get corrected these last 6 games if this Steelers team hopes to advance anywhere far in the playoffs this year. Tomlin and Arians operating the offense the way they have been doing so far this year with playcalls and just everything else is just not good enough and will not get it done come playoff time in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    I agree the bottom line is wins and losses but my point is when you have your QB throw for 300 yards, you have a 100 yard receiver, and a 100 yard rusher and you cant even score 1 Touchdown the entire game there is something wrong there. These kind of things had better get corrected these last 6 games if this Steelers team hopes to advance anywhere far in the playoffs this year. Tomlin and Arians operating the offense the way they have been doing so far this year with playcalls and just everything else is just not good enough and will not get it done come playoff time in my opinion.
    Those stats look great, but there were 115 yards worth of penalties against them. That problem needs corrected like now.

spaeth was doing some serious work today

After the goal-line ****-up, I noticed that Gary Russell got all the short-yardage carries. That's a positive sign.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Rookie Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Overall the playcalling in this game minus those couple debacles was actually very good. Ben in a short, quick, passing game along with Willie running the ball was very effective today and the stats back that up.

Now the FG in the 1st quarter was absolutely ridiculous. You never kick a 50 yarder in the 1st quarter in the snow and wind! They should have punted or just gone for it. The 4th and goal was a total joke too, they should have let Ben run it in on a bootleg or done a Tackle eligible or something because the Chargers were ready for something up the middle and they are tough there.
    All except for the LACK OF TOUCHDOWNS!! The Defense cant be expected to make uyp for the lack of scoring from the offense who "has great stats".

--- Added 11/16/2008 at 11:03 PM ---

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    spaeth was doing some serious work today
    that is a good sign. Although I bet Miller is wondering why the O waited so long to turn the ball to the tight ends. HAHA. Spaeth looked good!! hope we keep in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bonesetter58 View Post
    All except for the LACK OF TOUCHDOWNS!! The Defense cant be expected to make uyp for the lack of scoring from the offense who "has great stats".

--- Added 11/16/2008 at 11:03 PM ---

that is a good sign. Although I bet Miller is wondering why the O waited so long to turn the ball to the tight ends. HAHA. Spaeth looked good!! hope we keep in the game.
    I think I read somewhere that the CHargers are one of the 3 worst teams in the league giving up yardage to the TE, so I suspect that is why it was in the game plan more.
    We're Raven Haters, Ring Takers Shame Makers
    Don't you mess with Steelers D

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    After the goal-line ****-up, I noticed that Gary Russell got all the short-yardage carries. That's a positive sign.
    Hopefully Russell is out of someones dog house. I can't believe it took this long for the coaches to realize he plays for this team.

Thread Information