Thread: Signatures sizes

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Signatures sizes

All,

Just a reminder that we'd like to make sure that the signatures don't start getting to crazy big. We've noticed some that are 300 and 400 px high which really throws off the continuity of the forums and makes it harder to read through the threads.

If you all could do us a favor it would be greatly appreciate. Please keep your signatures at or about a maximum of 225 high by 500 wide. If you need any help resizing yours or have any questions please just let one of the staff know and we'll be happy to help you. If you do have a lot of smilies in your signature try to keep them together and not tons of spaces inbetween each line of them. At this point we don't limit the amount of smilies you can use and as long as it doesn't get too crazy we should be ok there.

We're not going to be too anal about this because it's not THAT big of deal right now but we just wanted to put it out there as a reminder for everyone. Also if a staff member does contact you or you find that your sig has been automatically resized please do not take it personally We're just always looking out for the best interests of the site as well as doing our best to keep the members creativity still intact.
    Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 11-17-2008 at 05:05 PM.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    So that would mean this would be to big?

I tried to make it smaller but then I lose the glitter effect.....
    Last edited by Captcoolhand; 11-19-2008 at 04:44 PM.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

..:: SIXBURGH ::..
    Animated images can't be resized in just any old photo editing program. If they are opened in such programs, it will only open 'one' of the animated frames. Then if you resize or edit it in any way, it only makes those changes based off whatever animated frame opened in the photo program. And of course, saving that one frame afterwards.. loses the animation.

You can go here to resize .gifs, probably the easiest to use. Its all web based and nothing to buy, download, install, etc. Click file -> open to get started, pretty simple to use.

Here it is at 200 px high.

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Quote Originally Posted by BR7 View Post
    Animated images can't be resized in just any old photo editing program. If they are opened in such programs, it will only open 'one' of the animated frames. Then if you resize or edit it in any way, it only makes those changes based off whatever animated frame opened in the photo program. And of course, saving that one frame afterwards.. loses the animation.

You can go here to resize .gifs, probably the easiest to use. Its all web based and nothing to buy, download, install, etc. Click file -> open to get started, pretty simple to use.

Here it is at 200 px high.

Thanks BR7
    Hey i was google some pictures yesterday and it brought up a site that you belong to(don't ask which one) and I was Like, "hey I know him"
    Had something to do with photoshop I think.
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Thanks to all who have resized theirs already, we really appreciate it. Again if anyone needs help especially with the animated sigs feel free to hit up a staff member for help and/or check out BR7's post in this thread for tips.

Thanks for the link

Thread Information