Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Threat Made Against Site Of Upcoming Steelers Game

Bookmark and Share

Threat Made Against Site Of Upcoming Steelers Game

Hopefully nothing happens this weekend It's gotta be nerve racking though to go into a stadium to play a game where there has been a threat of an attack!

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...06/detail.html
    PITTSBURGH -- A Web site is claiming that seven NFL football stadiums will be hit with radiological dirty bombs this weekend, but the government expressed doubts about the threat.

One of the stadiums mentioned is in Atlanta, where the Pittsburgh Steelers will play the Falcons on Sunday.

The warning, posted Oct. 12, was part of an ongoing Internet conversation titled "New Attack on America Be Afraid."

It mentioned NFL stadiums in New York, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle, Houston, Oakland and Cleveland.

The Homeland Security Department alerted authorities and stadium owners in those cities, as well as the NFL, but said the threat was being viewed "with strong skepticism."

Homeland Security spokesman Russ Knocke said there was no intelligence that indicated such an attack was imminent.

"The department strongly encourages the public to continue to go about their plans, including attending events that involve large public gatherings such as football games," Knocke said.

The FBI also expressed doubt about the threat.

Heinz Field was apparently not mentioned in the threat.

The nation's alert level remains at yellow, signaling an elevated risk of an attack.

House of Steel
    I was going to attend the November 19th game in Cleveland, but now this is really making me think twice. I am NOT going to put myself at risk. This is serious eventhough, it is skeptical, I wouldn't take this very lightly. That is a serious threat to national security and to the NFL.

That's what "terrorism" is all about: Fear. It's irrational to change your plans, and exactly what a terrorist would want.

I'll tell you why there is no threat at all this week. If there WERE some dirty bombs, the terrorists would say nothing at all about them, and keep it as quiet of a secret as they could, just like 9/11. That way they could maximize their death toll. This is just hyperbole. Go to the games and don't think twice about it.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't think anything will come of it either...any terrorist in his right mind isn't going to publicize potential hit places. Still though , look for tightened security everywhere this weekend just in case.

Yeah, lines to get in the stadiums will be long, but justifiably so...

Wow, that is pretty scary. I hope you all are right an.d this is all just to get us scared. I will definately be keeping my fingers crossed nothing happens. I would hope people would understand about the long lines to get into the stadium, I would think their safty and the safty of everyone else in the stadiuim would mean more than standing in line for a little longer

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

Sounds like a bunch of BS if you ask me, just a fear thing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by suitanim View Post
    Yeah, lines to get in the stadiums will be long, but justifiably so...
    No worse than standing in line for airports, bus stations, and the like these days..just par for the coures..but I think most of us can definately understand the need.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    I was going to attend the November 19th game in Cleveland, but now this is really making me think twice. I am NOT going to put myself at risk. This is serious eventhough, it is skeptical, I wouldn't take this very lightly. That is a serious threat to national security and to the NFL.
    dude, you can't live in fear, go to the game and enjoy yourself. don't let them 7 eleven workin, aol customer service, camel ridin, teachin my bio lab fools scare you lol
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

SA Member #27
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I'm not scared of this s***! They are p******, they will not do it.

Thread Information