Thread: Jets with win last night jump over Steelers for Number 2 seed for now...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Jets with win last night jump over Steelers for Number 2 seed for now...

The Jets now after that win last night now jump the Steelers at least for the next 2 days as the current number 2 seed in the AFC with a record of 7-3. It's really not a big deal though because the Steelers with a win over the Chargers on Sunday will get their record to 7-3 as well and jump the Jets for the number 2 seed because they have a better conference record then the Jets. The Patriots really hurt their chances of winning the division last night and they have two very tough games coming up at Miami next week and of course hosting the Steelers the week after. But back to the whole Jets scenario here. The Steelers conference record with a win over the Chargers Sunday would be 6-1 while the Jets would be 5-3. Things really set up well currently for the Steelers to stay ahead of the Jets for that 2 seed because look at who both teams play next week. The Steelers have a game at home against the Bengals, while the Jets have to go play down in Tennessee. So a Jets loss there which is most likely to happen puts them at 7-4 overall and 5-4 in the conference and a Steelers win Thursday night against Cincy puts them at 8-3 overall and 7-1 in the conference. The fact that the Steelers could have 3 less conference losses then the Jets should this all take place come next week is really going to allow them to stay in complete control for that number 2 seed the rest of the way...

Dang! That sucks! At least for the time being.
    I wanted to see the Jets do well with Favre..... but not THIS well!
    Hopefully our boys will take care of business on Sunday and this becomes a non-issue. (at least for another week.)

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

Tailgate Coordinator
    Way too early. We need to worry about ourselves first.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The Jets aren't unstoppable but they are tough. Right now we haven't played enough good football to even warrant any post season talk. 6-3 means a whole lot of nothing when you haven't beaten a quality opponent all year.

Honestly, screw that seed stuff! How were we seeded in 05? ^^ It dosnt matter.. We are a better team than the Jets, period.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

If Steelers win Today and Thursday there back ahead anyway..

Thread Information