Thread: A few thoughts about the Colts game...

Bookmark and Share

A few thoughts about the Colts game...

I just watched it, and i have to let some steam out now.. Its either that, or total annihilation of the television..

First of all: Our defence missed Woodley. Timmons really didnt fill up as much as i expected him to do, and that killed us. Payton is just to good if he gets time in the pocket, which he did.

Big Ben.. Alot have been said about this guy prior this game, and it clearly shows just how many homers there is on this site.. Ben needs to sit a game or two. The man is just not capable winning at the moment. Yes i said it! I know half of SA is going to track down where i live and sent various of dangerous decieses towards me, but its the truth. Lets just break hes game down:

First drive was really good! He did everything right, and we scored a touchdown. Nice!
    Then we scored another touchdown, which was also great, but from there on it all seemed to xplode into a big bowl of suck! He didnt throw hard enough, he threw to low on ALOT of throws. He made 2 Interceptions at times where you don't make interceptions... For crying out loud... 1min left in first half 3'n'2 with a RB who is avg. 5.4 per carry and you decide to throw the ball.. Okay, i guees thats accaptable.. You can always punt it, but no.. He throws it right to a colts player... Granded, he was open (the colt player that is), but thats about the only open player that was on the field at the time, so props to ben for finding him.. The second interception is as stupid.. Ward was nowhere near that ball, but obviously, Big Ben finds the open man (again on the opposite team..).

You can't blaime this on Arians, nor on the line, because he had time to throw today. He just threw so bad i couldnt believe it.

Now again, i know alot of you ppl is going to declair war on denmark for writing this, but this was ben's loose, and the games we have lost have been.. He needs to get healthy and get some comfident back, or else this is not going to be a play-off season.. The ravens are playing way too good, for the steelers to play sloppy as this.

And please, don't give me the: We are 6-3.. its not a bad score? No its not, but its not proving anything.. We have beaten semi-core teams (at the time..) and when we met teams who's actually at the same level as us, we have lost.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm not going to hunt you down, I feel the same way. And we did beat a team with a winning record it was the Skins. However that was with Lefty at QB. Sure Ben is going to be hurt the rest of the season, but does that mean we let him continue to play like this? Its only hurting the team. If he has proven himself in the past then I see no reason for him to try and do so now. We have a back up for a reason, and we need to use him. Yes it was only one half, but Lefty looked better than Ben, and I think he will continue to play at a higher level. The guy wants to be a starter, and we will get the best of him right now. His contract is only for a year, and he wants to be somewhere else next year.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I just watched it, and i have to let some steam out now.. Its either that, or total annihilation of the television..

First of all: Our defence missed Woodley. Timmons really didnt fill up as much as i expected him to do, and that killed us. Payton is just to good if he gets time in the pocket, which he did.

Big Ben.. Alot have been said about this guy prior this game, and it clearly shows just how many homers there is on this site.. Ben needs to sit a game or two. The man is just not capable winning at the moment. Yes i said it! I know half of SA is going to track down where i live and sent various of dangerous decieses towards me, but its the truth. Lets just break hes game down:

First drive was really good! He did everything right, and we scored a touchdown. Nice!
    Then we scored another touchdown, which was also great, but from there on it all seemed to xplode into a big bowl of suck! He didnt throw hard enough, he threw to low on ALOT of throws. He made 2 Interceptions at times where you don't make interceptions... For crying out loud... 1min left in first half 3'n'2 with a RB who is avg. 5.4 per carry and you decide to throw the ball.. Okay, i guees thats accaptable.. You can always punt it, but no.. He throws it right to a colts player... Granded, he was open (the colt player that is), but thats about the only open player that was on the field at the time, so props to ben for finding him.. The second interception is as stupid.. Ward was nowhere near that ball, but obviously, Big Ben finds the open man (again on the opposite team..).

You can't blaime this on Arians, nor on the line, because he had time to throw today. He just threw so bad i couldnt believe it.

Now again, i know alot of you ppl is going to declair war on denmark for writing this, but this was ben's loose, and the games we have lost have been.. He needs to get healthy and get some comfident back, or else this is not going to be a play-off season.. The ravens are playing way too good, for the steelers to play sloppy as this.

And please, don't give me the: We are 6-3.. its not a bad score? No its not, but its not proving anything.. We have beaten semi-core teams (at the time..) and when we met teams who's actually at the same level as us, we have lost.
    I was there .... and I agree and disagree with you on a few points:

- Ben - Agreed. He sucks right now and should sit at least a week. He looks lost, his passeses have no velocity, he's missing reads, not running for 1st downs, and he's not rolling out (trying to stay in the pocket - which is exactly what Killed Kordell Stewart when they tried handcuffing him in the pocket; it made him a head case)

- Woodley - Sure we missed him, but to say that Timmons didn't to a fair job isn't exactly accurate. Timmons played a good game, especially when dropping back in pass coverage .... the kid is fast! The only problem is ... he's no Woodley on the other side when it comes to applying pressure.

- Aarians Abortion. You're dead wrong. Arians is a complete and utter idiot and should NEVER in a million years been selected for this job. He's not intellectually capable of being innovative or strategic.

Here's a few questions to ponder:

Who calls a pass play on 3rd and 3 on their own 25 with 2 minutes left in the half?

Who's plan was it to pass all day against one of the worst running D's in the entire league? Moore averages 1.3 yards when in the single back formation yet averages nearly 7 yards per carry with a FB... WTF?

Who then scraps the FB most of the game and doesn't even give another RB one single carry? ..... Especially on the goal line when we have a RB in Russell that is 25+ pounds heavier than Moore?

Who tries the same play 3 times in a row on the goal line?

I'll tell you who ..... Bruce "fu<king" Aarians .... that's who!

2 people are fu<king this team up right now and neither happen to be players.

1) Bruce Arians (total dipshiat/ has no business being a OC in this league)

and

2) Larry Zierlein (Fails to instill dicipline or an identity in his work)
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

ICS, dont get me wrong.. Im not an Arians fan at all, i was just calling out, that Arians wasnt to blaime for Bens lack of performance (underthrowing and stuff).. I am ready to use Arians for shark-bait, no question about it!
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    ICS, dont get me wrong.. Im not an Arians fan at all, i was just calling out, that Arians wasnt to blaime for Bens lack of performance (underthrowing and stuff).. I am ready to use Arians for shark-bait, no question about it!
    Arians has got to be able to call at least one bootleg or pass play there on first and goal from the 1 yard line instead of being so god damn predictable all the time like he always is and running the ball 3 straight ****ing times. Arians play-calling on short yardage especially in the red zone even going back to last year has been absolutely horrific. These receiver screens behind the line of scrimmage need to stop because they never gain any kind of yardage as well. Another thing is why is Ben throwing to Dallas Baker on that last drive 3 or 4 times like he did?? I mean this guy is never on the field and here you are going to throw him the ball and trust him to makes plays when the game is on the line and you need a TD to win the game?? Where was Limas Sweed all game and especially on that last drive?? Why wasnt he in there on the hailmary on 4th down?? That's why you drafted this guy 2nd this season correct for his height and his ability to go up and get the ball correct?? And here he was nowhere to be found on that series and last play of the game.

Waterboy

It is a team sport

I know Ben has proven himself as superman in the past, bu this is a team sport. He cannot carry the team on his shoulders if they are injured. I love the big guy, but he needs to think of the team and not just himself. He is hurting us and he is further hurting himself. The coach needs to think of where we are right now in the season. If we can rest Ben for a few games and utilize one hell of a back up QB, we still have time to bring Ben back, get his cinfidence built back up and get running smoothly by the palyoffs. I am still very confident that we will be there as long as we beat the Ravens one more time.
    Last edited by steelerman4ever; 11-10-2008 at 05:32 PM.

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post

- Ben - Agreed. He sucks right now and should sit at least a week. He looks lost, his passeses have no velocity, he's missing reads, not running for 1st downs, and he's not rolling out (trying to stay in the pocket - which is exactly what Killed Kordell Stewart when they tried handcuffing him in the pocket; it made him a head case)

- Woodley - Sure we missed him, but to say that Timmons didn't to a fair job isn't exactly accurate. Timmons played a good game, especially when dropping back in pass coverage .... the kid is fast! The only problem is ... he's no Woodley on the other side when it comes to applying pressure.

- Aarians Abortion. You're dead wrong. Arians is a complete and utter idiot and should NEVER in a million years been selected for this job. He's not intellectually capable of being innovative or strategic.

Who calls a pass play on 3rd and 3 on their own 25 with 2 minutes left in the half?

Who's plan was it to pass all day against one of the worst running D's in the entire league? Moore averages 1.3 yards when in the single back formation yet averages nearly 7 yards per carry with a FB... WTF?

Who then scraps the FB most of the game and doesn't even give another RB one single carry? ..... Especially on the goal line when we have a RB in Russell that is 25+ pounds heavier than Moore?

and

Dude i'm smellin what your steppin in.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post

and

It's Larrys an Bens an Arians fault an Tomlins fault he should of pulled ben at half time,an had Leftwich take over

Thread Information