Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max Starks is a complete joke

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Max Starks is a complete joke

He got absolutely schooled today by Freeney; 2 sacks, 1 FF and a plethera of pressures where half the time he didn't even get a hand on him. If Marvel doesn't come back soon I don't know how much more I can take. This was the biggest blunder in recent history for the Steelers front office. Not addressing this position in the draft or FA is costing us more and more each week.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    He got absolutely schooled today by Freeney; 2 sacks, 1 FF and a plethera of pressures where half the time he didn't even get a hand on him. If Marvel doesn't come back soon I don't know how much more I can take. This was the biggest blunder in recent history for the Steelers front office. Not addressing this position in the draft or FA is costing us more and more each week.
    Smith really isn't that much better at this point and Freeney would have owned him to.......OL can't be blamed this time......Ben gave the game away......

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Marvel would have done better than Starks man, you know that. Marvel was playing at a pretty good level till he went down with his chronic back issues. Smith would have atleast held his own half time, Starks couldn't block his own grandmother from getting to Ben. No the line wasn't completely at fault on this one but Starks is horrible and at this point Im ready to say put in Essex if Marvel can't come back next week.

My Mood
    Mad
    Marvel would have done better than Starks man, you know that. Marvel was playing at a pretty good level till he went down with his chronic back issues. Smith would have atleast held his own half time, Starks couldn't block his own grandmother from getting to Ben. No the line wasn't completely at fault on this one but Starks is horrible and at this point Im ready to say put in Essex if Marvel can't come back next week.
    How can you say Marvel played well when he was in there....He was as bad as Starks....Both of them suck balls to me....I don't want either of them back.....Smith is broke down and not a LT....He has always been a RT....I agree Starks sucks but we know that and we have known that for years.....Colon isn't much better.....The Steelers OTs suck period....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    How can you say Marvel played well when he was in there....He was as bad as Starks....Both of them suck balls to me....I don't want either of them back.....Smith is broke down and not a LT....He has always been a RT....I agree Starks sucks but we know that and we have known that for years.....Colon isn't much better.....The Steelers OTs suck period....

Because, Marvel did play well when he was in there. The majority of the pressure came from up front right through the middle when he was in there. then when he went out, the middle 3 starting playing better and now the Tackles are sucking. Either way Marvel is head and shoulders above Starks dude you know that. Regardless though our T situation is horrible and there is no end in site until the offseason. I can't understand the front offices lack of concentration on the offensive line. For God sakes if you don't do anything in the offseason concentrate on the line and get us some Tackles. Cowher never let the line get this bad; for all his shortcomings he always addressed the line in the draft of FA

marvel won't be back though and he's too injury prone to bring back even if we could. Essex will come back as a backup probably. that surgery Marvel had last year was supposed to fix him and right now we're right back where we started. Colon is displaced at Tackle. right now we need to cut our losses on the line and start over on each end. The inside is getting better IMO.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-09-2008 at 09:42 PM.

My Mood
    Mad
    Because, Marvel did play well when he was in there. The majority of the pressure came from up front right through the middle when he was in there. then when he went out, the middle 3 starting playing better and now the Tackles are sucking. Either way Marvel is head and shoulders above Starks dude you know that. Regardless though our T situation is horrible and there is no end in site until the offseason. I can't understand the front offices lack of concentration on the offensive line. For God sakes if you don't do anything in the offseason concentrate on the line and get us some Tackles. Cowher never let the line get this bad; for all his shortcomings he always addressed the line in the draft of FA

marvel won't be back though and he's too injury prone to bring back even if we could. Essex will come back as a backup probably. that surgery Marvel had last year was supposed to fix him and right now we're right back where we started. Colon is displaced at Tackle. right now we need to cut our losses on the line and start over on each end. The inside is getting better IMO.
    Smith gave up his share of sacks to......He always has and you know that...lol Ok saying Smith is better then Starks isn't saying much....My point is both are hardly the answer at LT for this team...Smith was never an elite LT and should have remained at RT which was his position his first couple years in the NFL.....

I'm total agreement about the Steelers upgrading the OL....I don't care if they have to trade up to land one of the top OTs in the draft....The Steelers must do that and I will be pissed if they don't....

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Let's not forget the holding call as well on the last drive that cost the Steelers 10 yards and absolutely killed any momentum they had. I agree the guy is a stiff and he cant be let go soon enough...

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    ..they are both BUMS! lol..got a kick out you an TG making a case for each of them..it's come down to which scrub do we like more. Good grief something needs to change this off-season.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

My Mood
    Angry
    The thing is that this is probably Marvel's last year and Starks is a semi-bum who more than likely wont get much better.
    The O-line has got to be addressed in the off season/draft.

Rookie Free Agent vidaliasteelerfan's Avatar
    The line was giving Ben some time but you reach a point where you gotta fish or cut bait!!

Thread Information