Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max Starks is a complete joke

Bookmark and Share

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by vidaliasteelerfan View Post
    The line was giving Ben some time but you reach a point where you gotta fish or cut bait!!
    RIGHT the O-LINE did it's job for the most part, Ben is injured so sit his non effective a**

SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted
    We've all known for years what it would take to make our OL better, a franchise OT. We've suffered for years and at the end of the year, we're left screaming to draft a lineman. When the draft comes we wait till the later rounds to draft a project, not someone who can step in immediately and make that difference. When the 2009 draft rolls around, I hope no one holds their breath on us doing exactly what we've been needing to do for a long time, cuz it just might hurt ya. Just don't see it happening guys.....

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    How can you say Marvel played well when he was in there....He was as bad as Starks....Both of them suck balls to me....I don't want either of them back.....Smith is broke down and not a LT....He has always been a RT....I agree Starks sucks but we know that and we have known that for years.....Colon isn't much better.....The Steelers OTs suck period....
    ..they are both BUMS! lol..got a kick out you an TG making a case for each of them..it's come down to which scrub do we like more. Good grief something needs to change this off-season.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I cant help to think how much trobule we are in next year...

I dont see us keeping Starks or Smith...

Simmons, Kemo are barely adequate...

Hartwig and Essex Just arent cutting it...

Stapelton look kinda looks promising, and the lone possible bright spot.

Remember 3 Years ago... Simmons was our worst OL potentially. now we just wish he was one the field. That fact is very scary to admit. However I def dont miss Kendalls Penalties... he was good for at least one false start and/or holding call a game.
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

We'll need the draft and FA both. Marc Colombo, Dallas Cowboys Mike Goff, San Diego Chargers are 2 good OL who will be available. There's no way that the Steelers don't step up this year no matter what happens the rest of the season.

Smith-Gone, I seriously doubt we go out of our way to resign a 30 something big man with constant back problems. If he is willing to come on board for backup money then we keep him. His back may hold up if he only plays a few games a year.

Starks-Gone, I mean who wants this guy? He didn't get a sniff in RFA this year adn the Steelers thoguht he woudl be so highly sought after they gave him a completely insane tender.

Stapleton is playing well right now, but I really think in the long run he will haev to really improve technique to compensate for his size.

The interior of the line seems to play well for a few games and then bad at times, I think soem of that comes down communication. Maybe Ben always says his line is doing OK, because he knows he is miss calling the protections. Maybe Hartwig needs to run the line. Man how bad to we miss Jeff now...

I think it would be a strtch to change too many things on the line in one year, but things need to change.
    We're Raven Haters, Ring Takers Shame Makers
    Don't you mess with Steelers D

i hope we trade up in the draft this year to get a true left tackle. i am talking a serious trade like our 1+2 and really get one of the top prospects. this has gone on for too long.

Chris Kemoeatu, Justin Hartwig and Darnell Stapleton are doing fine in the interior, and Stapleton has thankfully made Kendall Simmons expendable. It's the tackles who suck out loud. Marvel Smith is about to have his career cut short because of health problems, and Willie Colon and Max Starks are both terrible. I say we let both of them go after this season (along with Simmons), and re-sign Kemoeatu and Trai Essex. Give Essex a shot at RT, and package some draft picks to trade up to draft a franchise LT.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    Chris Kemoeatu, Justin Hartwig and Darnell Stapleton are doing fine in the interior, and Stapleton has thankfully made Kendall Simmons expendable. It's the tackles who suck out loud. Marvel Smith is about to have his career cut short because of health problems, and Willie Colon and Max Starks are both terrible. I say we let both of them go after this season (along with Simmons), and re-sign Kemoeatu and Trai Essex. Give Essex a shot at RT, and package some draft picks to trade up to draft a franchise LT.
    perfect

Thread Information