Thread: This Taylor plays close to the vest

Bookmark and Share

This Taylor plays close to the vest

It's nice to see the Ike of old return to himself again!

Link to story...
    There was a time when the Steelers routinely had cornerback Ike Taylor shadow some of the top receivers in the NFL, everyone from Chad Johnson to Terrell Owens to Steve Smith. But after one bad afternoon against Denver's Javon Walker in 2006, that defensive tactic was put in mothballs, right beside the four-man defensive-line experiment, seemingly never to be seen again.

Until now.

Like pulling out an old sweater from the closet and realizing it still fits, the Steelers have had Taylor follow of two of the league's big-play receivers all over the field the past two games -- Plaxico Burress of the New York Giants and Santana Moss of the Washington Redskins. The results were so good -- heck, so overwhelmingly convincing -- they just might do it again Sunday against the Indianapolis Colts.

Only problem is, which receiver do they try to take away: Marvin Harrison or Reggie Wayne?

"You might see some of it," Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau said. "You know what they say: If it ain't broke, don't mess with it."

"He's done an awesome job for two weeks," said safety Ryan Clark. "I don't see any reason to stop it."

click for rest of story...

thats great to hear! he really is a great corner if only he could catch the damn ball

My Mood
    Addicted
    Yea it's good to see Ike back to his old self again

Quote Originally Posted by $teelersRule View Post
    thats great to hear! he really is a great corner if only he could catch the damn ball
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Awesome. He is having a career year and the praise is well deserved. Ike can get the job done as can the rest of the D. They are playing extremely well "as a team" which lets the superstars showcase their stuff like Ike and Farrior specifically.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ike seemed to be struggling alittle bit in the few few weeks but he's really come on again and is playing quite well. Nice to see the Cowher benching him didn't affect him long term and he was able to rise to the occasion and come on strong. He's really blossomed into a top corner the last 2 seasons.

you have him shadow wayne without a doubt, despite harrison being manning favorite target and friend over the years wayne is head and shoulders better than harrison and he has been for some time and now that harrison is on the downside of his career and wayne is in his prime you gotta shut down wayne

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah I agree he needs to be on Wayne all day long; then you can have Towsend & Gay double Harrison if need be or roll the double to Wayne's side if Ike needs help.

Thread Information