Thread: Ben R Highest Paid Player in NFL

Bookmark and Share
    Tailgate Coordinator

Exclamation Ben R Highest Paid Player in NFL

http://kdka.com/sports/Pittsburgh.St....2.858132.html

Report: Roethlisberger The Highest Paid NFL Player
    Steelers Salaries: See If You Can Guess Who Makes More
    Link: USA TODAY: NFL Salaries Database
    Text "Steelers" to 66247 to sign up for Steelers text alerts!
    Reporting
    Keith Jones
    PITTSBURGH (KDKA) ― The Pittsburgh Steelers are worth $1 billion, according to Forbes Magazine.

So why not have your highest paid player, who is at the helm of this gridiron ship be your quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger.

According to USA Today, Big Ben is worth big bucks comparatively. With a 2008 total salary of about $27 million, he's not only the highest paid player on the team, he's also the highest paid player in the entire league in 2008.

Roethlisberger is the highest paid by $6 million and is the only quarterback in the bunch. But some fans argue whether he's worth the dough.

"Every dime," said Steelers fan, Carmen Nocera. "He's a competitor, he plays when he's hurt, and he's a winner."

"He's already won a Super Bowl, but he's prone to injuries," said fan Josh Filler, of Wisconsin.

"Let's face it, football's a game. I realize they work and a lot is put on their shoulders, and they do get banged up, but $27 million to play ball, come on!" says fan Carol Ramser, of West Virginia.

So, if Roethlisberger is the highest paid in the NFL and on the Steelers, who is the second highest paid?

That would be Max Starks at $6.9 million, then James Farrior, Hines Ward, and then Ike Taylor.

With the highest paid NFL player on your roster you've got figure the teams payroll is up there and it is.

Well, the Steelers are ranked fifth in the NFL when it comes to payroll at $128.8 million.

Click here to see if you can guess who makes more

I'm A "Champion"

So that equals a little more than one million dollars per sack so far this season.

I'd let anybody hammer my body into the ground for that kind of cash!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Yeah I was reading about this in the USA Today...correct me if Im wrong but this has to be the first time any Steeler player in history was the highest paid in anything..LOL

My Mood
    Addicted
    So, if Roethlisberger is the highest paid in the NFL and on the Steelers, who is the second highest paid?

That would be Max Starks at $6.9 million
    I can't believe an OL is second on the team!........lol

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Yeah I was reading about this in the USA Today...correct me if Im wrong but this has to be the first time any Steeler player in history was the highest paid in anything..LOL
    When Faneca signed his big extension back in the day ,he was the highest paid Guard, lineman at the time. The Steelers are not afraid to pay , they just don't pay guys on the downsides of their career !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Tailgate Coordinator
    True, the Steelers aren't as cheap as alot of people think they are.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelersfan View Post
    I can't believe an OL is second on the team!........lol
    Yeah and a backup one at that; and a backup one that can't start with a shiat either.LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Stlrs4Life View Post
    True, the Steelers aren't as cheap as alot of people think they are.
    It's a far cry from what we used to be before Heinz was built and we started being able to be more competitive in the FA market and with our own players. I wasn't all that long ago that we lost virtually every FA on our team year in and year out. Im glad that is over for sure.

For real though, if you asked any Steeler fan if they'd ever pay a player 100+ million dollars they'd have laughed in your face. If there was ever a player that was deserving of that type of money from the Rooney's, it's Ben. I don't think any athlete is worth that much but if we didn't pay it to him somebody else would. We've got our franchise QB and we need to keep him.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-06-2008 at 11:53 PM.

SA's Official God steelcurtain09's Avatar
    i dont think that is right and if it is then he will only be the highest paid player for this year because of the signing bonuses.
    he signed an 8 year $102 million deal. that averages out to a little under $13 million. and you never frontload a contract you always put the highest paying years at the end so you can renegotiate.

i think this article is b.s.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I dont know, I think they are pretty cheap. When there was no salary cap they never shelled out for the big name players like Dallas, 49ers, Skins, Giants, and all the other big market teams that were crushing people in the Superbowls. We were still an ok team, but you all knew we would not win, or would we be all that competitive with those high profile teams of the mid 80's to early 90's. When the $$$$ for good players got to high the Rooneys tucked tail and bailed out. And if it goes back to no Salary cap in 2010 or 2011 like they are talking about you can forget about the Steelers winning any more SB because it will go back to the NFC, and those big markets because those owners will shell out the money. The Rooneys, if they till have the team will not. Nothing in their history says they will either.

Rookie Free Agent DocHolliday1989's Avatar

I LOVE THE STEELERS!!!

ok, first of all I dont think the Steelers org. is cheap at all. Look at the free agents that we lost and which one of them made a big splash wherever they ended up? Neil O'Donnell with the Jets.. he and the Jets went 1-15 the very next season. Rod Woodson played the best football after leaving the Steelers than any other player. I hated it when we lost him, but the Steelers org. obviously thought his knee would never be the 100% level like it seemed to be the rest of his career. That injury could have went either way. Greg Lloyd never did anything after he left the Steelers and Chad Brown was a nice player for the Steelers and he played pretty good for the Seahawks but was never like he was in Pittsburgh. The Big TE Eric Green, for those that can remember back that far, was a great TE for the Steelers. But when he left and went to the Dolphins I think, he did nothing. Just a few examples that the Steelers most all the time make the right decisions on the free agents they keep and the ones that they let go.
    6 Time Super Bowl Champs
    Destination Dallas, Tx
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Thread Information