Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Colts vs. Steelers (Wk. 10) L 20-24

Angry Colts vs. Steelers (Wk. 10) L 20-24

vs.

Sunday November 9, 2008
    4:15 PM EST

The Pittsburgh Steelers defense has been lights out this year and is the real deal which is good for the offense! Having a defense that is causing a 3 and out almost 50% of the time not only keeps the defense rested, it gives the offense opportunities to put points on the board and to take chances because more than likely the defense will hold and at most give up a FG. Touchdowns are hard to come by against the Steelers as they have only given up 9 in 8 games and 6 of those TD's came in 3 games alone (2 from Houston (wk1), Ravens (wk4) and Jacksonville (wk 5)). Statistically the defense is at the top or near the top for all the major categories. They lead the league in sacks, defensive passing yards and total yards given up per game. With the offense having a shutdown defense they can go for the long bomb and not have too much to worry about because 1 out 2 times the D will get a 3 and out.

Willie Parker returned last week as the starting RB for the Steelers. The spot was his to give back to once he returned from being injured but you know he has to be looking over his shoulder because Moore is waiting for another opportunity. Last weeks game didn't really help out Porker's case any because his YPC actually dropped to just under 4 yards per carry. He did take back the lead for rushing yards on the the team by 13 yards... the sad thing is he has 18 more carries than Moore, so you do the math.

Ben is listed as day-to-day after missing the second half of the game Monday night. Byron filled in nicely though for Big Ben and looked impressive as the Steelers cruised to a victory. I wouldn't say that Byron won the game for the Steelers because they already had the lead when he entered the game but the important thing is Byron didn't lose the game for them. He showed though he is as reliable as a Charlie Batch and can be counted on to win some games in the event Big Ben can't go. Should Ben play this Sunday he has proclaimed that "It's time for that to change and it will change. I think as my performance changes, I think you'll see some changes in the offense because we'll be clicking more, we'll be making more completions and things will happen nice." This proclamation may have to wait though until his shoulder is healed.

The Colts are NOT the Colts of the past 3 or 4 years. They've had injuries galore and a very under achieving QB since the running game has not been able to get off the ground. The Colts currently are ranked last in total rushing yards per game at just 70 a game. The ironic part is the Steelers D only gives up 70 rushing yards per game! All around though, and both sides of the ball the Colts have been struggling this year and have not been looking good at all. For the Steelers to win this Sunday they need to do the following:
    • Get to Manning and stop the run
    • Capitalize on turnovers
    • Control the clock

Join us this Sunday afternoon as we talk about the game and cheer our Steelers to a victory!

Last edited by AZ_Steeler; 11-14-2008 at 12:14 AM.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    This is a good game for all of us. I say no way both Mannings come into our house and post wins. Its going to be tough because we dont know whos going to be under center, but I like our Def in this one. I know the Ravens got torched by these guys, but I think it will be different for us. Peyton hates playing the Steelers, and I cant even think of the last time he was in Pittsburgh. I know he's happy Porter wont be in his face, but I cant wait for him to meet Woodlley, Harrison, and Timmons. I feel the Malachi Crunch is on the way. This is going to be one of the best Birthdays I have ever had. The last time the Steelers were in a big game on my birthday was a Monday night back in the late 90's, and Kordell beat Farve and the Packers. It was sweet. However, since I'm from Green Bay my mother was cheering for Farve...That kinda sucked. Lets go Steelers..kick *** fellas.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    This is an important part of the season for our O and this game could easily tell us how the rest of the season is going to go. In my opinion, Ben will start though I don't think he should. Either way, they need to figure out how to consistently get into the end zone and that procedure has eluded them far too often this year.
    Here we go Steelers, here we go!!!!!!!

i think the steelers match up very well against the cults. cant wait till sunday!

Unless Tomlin makes him sit, I think that Ben will start. I can't wait for Peyton to meet Mr Woodley and Mr Harrison. Hee hee. I hope that they get to be fast friends.

IMO, I don't think this will be a close game. I think our D will give Peyton nightmares and I think our O will have a good game.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Willie Parker is Out AGAIN for this game, shoulder injury this time.

Ben & Woodley didnt practise thursday

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive_Steel View Post
    Willie Parker is Out AGAIN for this game, shoulder injury this time.

Ben & Woodley didnt practise thursday
    Moore will fill in nicely. I haven't heard anything difinitive about Woodley, but I hope Ben sits. Lefty is out to show the world something right now and it couldn't hace come at a better time. Let him make his case for FA and carry the team along while Ben gets as healthy as possible.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    i dont have a doubt that woodley will play man, its ben im not sure about. they might sit him. but he's saying he wants to play

Quote Originally Posted by Xplosive_Steel View Post
    i dont have a doubt that woodley will play man, its ben im not sure about. they might sit him. but he's saying he wants to play
    if woodley can't go, who fills in? timmons?
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Watch for the LB this weekend. Everytime they get a sack they will point to the camera. Thats there way of saying Happy Birthday to me. Woodlley told me that they would all give me a shout out. I asked if Aaron would too, and Farrior said they would ask him.

Thread Information