Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Punter!..Update 11/5, Sign Paul Ernster

Bookmark and Share

Punter!..Update 11/5, Sign Paul Ernster

Can we please get someone in here that can punt the damn ball?? Berger looks like he's pinching one off everytime he punts, his face says it all, he's in pain and sucks!!

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    my thought was do we really need Dookie or Russell (i would rather keep russell) still on the roster with parker and davis healthy now...

shoulda cut one of them and signed a punter... even if it was just one of those one game deals
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Quote Originally Posted by heffrandotnet View Post
    my thought was do we really need Dookie or Russell (i would rather keep russell) still on the roster with parker and davis healthy now...

shoulda cut one of them and signed a punter... even if it was just one of those one game deals
    I think we need to keep the HB's, and just get a new punter. They all pretty much play the same, and I dont see anyone coming in and being worse than what he have going on now. He limps around and is so hurt that it will cost us a game soon enough. I think anyone will do. I know some a better than others, but I think the worst one out their thats healthy is better then what we have. So lets just take a chance.

Do Steelers really need Davenport on the roster?

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by scott0326 View Post
    Do Steelers really need Davenport on the roster?
    Anyone see the part about the Steelers being the worst team in the league on 3rd and 1? They were like 1 for 9 or something like that. Until Davenport made another and since he had the only one to that point I'd say yes they need him.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Berger has been doing pretty well this year, if you cut him for any reason other than a season ending injury you risk getting something worse in return. If he can heal up in a couple weeks then it's better just to keep him and deal with it.

Yes Davenport still needs to be on the roster right now since he's done pretty well on 3rd down...well atleast ok on 3rd and short. I don't know if he'll make it the rest of the season but for right now he's probably safe.

My Mood
    Sunshine
    We signed a punter last week:

The Steelers also announced that first-year punter Ricky Schmitt has been added to the team’s practice squad. Schmitt (6-3, 202) was in training camp with the San Francisco 49ers in 2008. He originally signed with the Arizona Cardinals as an undrafted rookie free agent from Shepherd College in 2007. He was released in training camp both times.
    Then cut him because Tomlin said Berger was good to go.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Can we please get someone in here that can punt the damn ball?? Berger looks like he's pinching one off everytime he punts, his face says it all, he's in pain and sucks!!
    I agree and I was bitching about this all last night in the gameday thread that if Mitch Berger is not 100 percent healthy and at full strength to kick then he should not be out there. A lot of his punts last night were terrible. Especially when the ball was at our own 40 he would be kicking it no further then the Redskins 30 which is just completely unacceptable as far as Im concerned. Much like you I am getting tired of seeing Berger grimacing and limping everytime he punts the ball. If he isnt 100 percent healthy then get him out of there and get somebody in there to punt who is because eventually it's going to cost us in a game bigtime much like the long snapping play did against the Giants.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We don't have the spare roster spot so they'd have to cut him outright. There's nobody else you can really cut or deactivate on game day to make a roster spot for a temporary replacement. You also risk putting someone on the PS to make room and then they could get snatched up. It's a tough call and if the team thinks he can heal then they'll stick with him. If he continues to struggle tough after this coming week they're almost going to have to make a change. Fortunately our D was great last night but they won't always be able to stop offenses with that good of field position right off the bat so we need to find a way to rectify this situation one way or the other.

The problem is that Berger is a great directional kicker and that's probably why they are continuing to stick with him and hoping he can recover.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    Berger is going to hurt us later in the month at some point. He can hardly walk let alone kick the ball.

Thread Information