Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Ben a target ?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Sunshine

Is Ben a target ?

Where was the flag on this play ? Does it seem to anyone else that the officials allow defenders to take shots at Ben ?

It wasn't just this play, week after week I watch Ben get hit late and never a flag. Yet look at the call against James Farrior and earlier in the season against Harrison,just seems awful onesided to me.

It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Absolutely!!!! I was screaming at the tv on this play. No doubt in my mind we would have been hit for the hands to the face. Serious going on.

Every QB is a target, but I'd say BB is more so being hurt and slowed down (much easier one)!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Ya I think that is why Tomlin was freaking out when Farrior got called for that helmet to helmet on Jason Campbell. Even after 3 or 4 plays he was still yelling "are you ****in kidding me!?!?!?!" Ben takes hit after hit and almost NEVER is there a call on it. Its true. looks like some bullshit calls to me

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    OK, thats fair. But now tell me how many of you were screaming for a flag when we had 2 of our Defenders hit their QB in the knees at the same time on that play where we got that first INT. I bet we get fined for that. I think it goes both ways. We got away with one there too. You cant tell me no one saw us hit that guy low. For me I care about the players, and I never want to see our guys go low or hit dirty. It comes back at you 2 fold.....

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    OK, thats fair. But now tell me how many of you were screaming for a flag when we had 2 of our Defenders hit their QB in the knees at the same time on that play where we got that first INT. I bet we get fined for that. I think it goes both ways. We got away with one there too. You cant tell me no one saw us hit that guy low. For me I care about the players, and I never want to see our guys go low or hit dirty. It comes back at you 2 fold.....
    Can't comment on the hit, I didn't see it, but I agree with the jist of your post.

It does seem that Ben doesn't get many calls go his way, while our guys get called for roughing the passer and all that jazz a ton. What's done is done now.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Absolutely he's a target. Every team since we played the Eagles has blitzed the hell out of us and taken cheap shots at Ben. Browns did it, so did the Giants and Bengals.

The Steelers as a whole are targets for the NFL officials these days if you ask me.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    The league has confused our colors with that of the Silver and Black.....lol

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I really wonder what went on during that meeting with Troy, Hines, Tomlin and the NFL a few weeks ago. Im sure it was pretty amicable and that Tomlin told them not to stir the pot anymore but damn the way these refs are throwing these flags for incidental contact and not letting these guys just play the game really pisses me off. It's happening all around the league but seems to be especially hard on us. This is a contact sport for God sakes just like Troy said; protecting players is one thing but handicapping them is another.

Thread Information