Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Byron Leftwich

Bookmark and Share
    Reppin' 724

Byron Leftwich

Is anyone else here really happy we picked this guy up? He has played very "Bennish" on hos two relief games so far. Tonight he seemed like he ran the Offense better than Ben did, although I do think Ben is a little more hurt than he is leading on.

Anyways, my buddy asked me a funny question while we were watching the game, after Leftwich drove right down the field to start the 2nd half. He just looked at me and said, " QB controversy?" I told him not with Ben making over 100 million, and that the most popular QB in the Burgh is always the back-up.

He has a heck of an arm... his windup takes a little long but when it comes out of his hand it's like rocket! He was very calm and collective in the pocket and did a lot of good things. Remember though... he was back in his home town tonight

Reppin' 724
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    He has a heck of an arm... his windup takes a little long but when it comes out of his hand it's like rocket! He was very calm and collective in the pocket and did a lot of good things. Remember though... he was back in his home town tonight
    I dont think being in his hometown had anything to do with it to be honest. he was pumped to play and came ready to make plays. he did the same in Philly for his one drive.

Was it just me or did it seem like he had a little more time to throw than Ben did?

Quote Originally Posted by TEEMONT View Post
    I dont think being in his hometown had anything to do with it to be honest. he was pumped to play and came ready to make plays. he did the same in Philly for his one drive.

Was it just me or did it seem like he had a little more time to throw than Ben did?
    I think it was he just got rid of the ball faster lol

Reppin' 724
    it seemed like he held the ball forever on a few plays...making two or three pump fakes...

Byron is a good back up QB, I am glad to have him, but he is a just a good back up QB to us. I'm sure someone will throw dollars his way next year and then we will get Batch back. His wind up is real long, I would think that given time to prepare for him teams would do better at jumping the routes. I appreciate the fact that he prepares well fo rthe game and comes in knowing what to do, too many back ups in tis league are clueless when called upon. But I guess when you are backing up soemone that takes as many hits as Ben does, you know you are getting in eventually.
    We're Raven Haters, Ring Takers Shame Makers
    Don't you mess with Steelers D

My Mood
    Smokin
    That is what I kept saying

Thanks for the sig Flea

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He did exactly what we needed him to do last night and it couldn't have come at a better time. He's very similar to Ben in how he plays the game. Stands tall in the pocket, able to buy more time and see the field and make the play.

One thing about him though that was really cool to see was how he used the pump fake to freeze the defender. He did that several times last night and he really sold it each time which can be a killer for a defense. I was quite happy with his performance and he seemed to be right in sync with the WR's just like Tomlin said he was doing all year long so far.

LOL and no there is no QB controversy, Ben is the starter and when he's healthy he'll go back in and play. If Ben needs alittle rest though we know that, atleast on a temporary basis, we have a guy we can count on.

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    I sure am glad we picked him up, thats for sure

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    OK, I was one of the biggest Lefty bashers on the board. He looked good last night and did a good job. I will rethink my opinion....but don't hope for miracles, I'm stubborn.

Thread Information