Thread: AFC Conference Standings at the halfway point of the season...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    saints-hater

AFC Conference Standings at the halfway point of the season...

The Steelers as we currently sit here tonight before tomorrow night's halfway point of the season game against the Redskins are the number 2 seed in the conference behind Tennessee and are in very good shape to remain that way when you break down the numbers like Im about to do so here goes. The Steelers currently have a conference record of 5-0 and that is a very big deal I believe when it comes down to tiebrakers down the end of the season. Let's start with the AFC East where you got a 3 way tie for first place with the Bills,Jets,and Patriots all at 5-3. The Patriots current conference record is 3-3,the Jets is 4-3 and the Bills is 3-2. The Patriots are in first I believe since they beat the Jets head to head already. Skipping over to the AFC West the Broncos are currently in first place at 4-4 but here is the thing with them they currently have a 2-4 conference record, while the Chargers the only real threat in that division are 3-5 and 3-3 in the conference.

So once again, it shows you how many conferences losses these teams already have that will be chasing the Steelers for that number 2 seed. Alot of them already have 3 or 4 losses currently to the Steelers 0. And the good news about this is after the game with the Redskins tomorrow night the Steelers play 3 straight winnable AFC conference games at Heinz Field against teams that are struggling and are just not playing well in the Colts,Chargers,and Bengals. So it is very possible if you win all of those games the Steelers would then be 8-0 in the AFC and be in total control of not only the AFC North division, but the number 2 seed in the AFC as well. Plus, they would still have a legit chance as well to catch the Titans for the overall number 1 seed in the AFC having a game in hand still to play with them in December.

So the bottom line with all of this is I know people are panicking today after the Ravens beat the Browns and moved to 5-3 and should the Steelers lose to the Redskins tomorrow they will be tied for first place with both of them having 5-3 records. But the Ravens have 2 very tough road games coming up the next 2 weeks at Houston which is always a very tough place to win, and at the Giants which will be extremely difficult for the Ravens to win. The key game is tomorrow night in Washington for the Steelers. You win that game you move to 6-2 and maintain that one game lead in the AFC North over the Ravens with the tiebraker in hand from beating them as well. I do believe that the Steelers are going to take care of business against the Colts,Chargers and Bengals here at Heinz Field, and the Ravens will lose one of these next 2 road games at the very worst so right there you maintain a 2 game lead over Baltimore if you win tomorrow night in Washington and take care of your 3 home games which the Steelers should be able to do. Winning all 3 of those conference games at home would push the Steelers AFC record to 8-0 and make it very very difficult for the other teams in the opposing divisions to chase the Steelers down for that number 2 seed going into December especially since a lot of them as I showed you already have 3 or 4 AFC Conference losses.

awesome post!
    i'm looking forward to tonight's game to see how this team performs under the pressure of winning when it matters.
    good monday to everyone!

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Well put again Troyisabeast_43, thanks.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Freeking Cleveland could have done us a big favor if they could have found an offense or even a defense yesterday in the Ratbird game. DA turned into his chicken *** self, Braylon Edwards showed again he's a joke of a WR by dropping that big time TD pass and once again underachieving and generally the Browns just self destructed.

Cincy is a disaster even though they won last night, I don't see them getting on any type of roll; they just had to win at some point.

Cleveland did it's best to make Flacco look good. I really thought they'd pull that out but they showed their true colors once again and imploded.
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 11-03-2008 at 08:28 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    The Clowns did us an big favor, by making us focus an play lights out tonight

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    We did ourselves a huge favor by winning last night. the standings keep us with that 1 1/2 game lead over the Ratbirds.

The ratbirds have Houston this week and they'll probably win so we need to keep up the pace and stay on top.

Chopper Challenge Champion SteelerNC's Avatar
    My Mood
    Bungals
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    We did ourselves a huge favor by winning last night. the standings keep us with that 1 1/2 game lead over the Ratbirds.

The ratbirds have Houston this week and they'll probably win so we need to keep up the pace and stay on top.
    Texans blow out the Ratbirds!!!

wouldnt that be a good headline after we kill indy

Thread Information