Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foote wins custody battle for his son

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Foote wins custody battle for his son

http://www.woodtv.com/Global/story.a...6&nav=menu44_2

Steelers linebacker Larry Foote wins custody of son

PONTIAC, Mich. -- A Michigan judge has awarded Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Larry Foote full custody of a 10-year-old son Foote said he did not know existed until two years ago.

Foote filed earlier this year for custody of Trey-veion Hammond. The boy's mother, Khalila Shanese Hammond of Inkster, did not attend Monday's custody hearing.

Oakland County Circuit Judge Cheryl A. Matthews gave full legal and physical custody of the boy to Foote. Hammond is to have "reasonable parenting time" with her son.

"Larry is excited and thrilled by the judge's decision. All he wants is to care for the boy and provide him with everything he needs to grow and succeed," Foote lawyer Francis X. Bujold II told The Detroit News.

Hammond said earlier that she appreciated Foote's actions on behalf of their son but said the boy should not stay with Foote full-time.

Foote, 26, has homes in Pittsburgh and the Detroit suburb of West Bloomfield Township.

The 6-foot, 239-pound Foote played at the University of Michigan and was part of the Steelers team that beat the Seattle Seahawks in the Super Bowl on Feb. 5 at Detroit's Ford Field.

It's good to see Larry be able to care for his son and win the court case. Hopefully his boy and him will be able to grow together and have a great relationship.

House of Steel
    That is a touching story.

My Mood
    Addicted
    If the mother didn't think he should have full custody why didn't she show for the hearing? I'm glad he won and will get to spend time with his son. He should be able to provide a good life for him.

I remember when this story first surfaced... I was so mad at the mother because she was like "Oh yeah, by the way you and I had a son many years ago but I never told you about him, but now that you're making money I think you I want a piece of it!"

I'm am extremely happy that she got what was coming to her! It's good to see the courts making this case an example for all these gold digging women who only want to inform the father once he starts making money!

Congrats Mr. Foote!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Good for Larry! The mother does not sound good for the kid. Way to step up to the plate Larry.

Good for him

Good for Foote! I think he'll be able to provide a good life for the kid.

BuFu

I'm happy for Larry. Hopefully he can make up for the time he missed with his son when he didn't even know he existed.

sig made by K Train....Thank you!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by AZ_Steeler View Post
    I remember when this story first surfaced... I was so mad at the mother because she was like "Oh yeah, by the way you and I had a son many years ago but I never told you about him, but now that you're making money I think you I want a piece of it!"

I'm am extremely happy that she got what was coming to her! It's good to see the courts making this case an example for all these gold digging women who only want to inform the father once he starts making money!

Congrats Mr. Foote!!!

yeah that was awhile back I remember it also. Wasn't it right around the super bowl when the the information started coming to the surface? He'll have the opportunity to give his son everything he needs..and maybe one day we'll be looking at the next Steeler MLB

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    i like foote more and more.....with this article i'll never lose respect for him. i know what it's like to have a dad that doesn't want you, so i'm glad foote stepped up and did what he had to do to take care of his kid.
    "SA, it's more than a FEVER it's an ADDICTION" -BlacknGold Bleeder

Thread Information