Thread: Ratbirds defeat Stains...

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    jaguars-hater

Ratbirds defeat Stains...

Leave it to the Browns to blow a 14 point lead to the Ravens in the 3rd quarter when they were in total control of the game leading 27-13 and let the Ravens score 24 unanswered points. It now means if the Steelers lose tomorrow night in Washington the Steelers and Ravens will be tied for first place both with 5-3 records. One good thing about this is it takes care of the Browns today I believe with them losing this game. It drops them to 1-3 in the division and makes it really really tough for them to catch the Steelers when it comes down to tiebrakers in the division. The Ravens even though they will move to 5-3 still have two very tough games on the road coming up the next 2 weeks at Houston next week who always plays very tough at home, and at the Giants the week after. So as long as the Steelers continue to keep taking care of business they should be able to maintain there 2 game lead in the division. But definitely a big win for the Ravens today over the Browns it was their 3rd straight win and it definitely let's the Steelers know that they are still a legit threat in this AFC North Division.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Troyisabeast_43 View Post
    Leave it to the Browns to blow a 14 point lead to the Ravens in the 3rd quarter when they were in total control of the game leading 27-13 and let the Ravens score 24 unanswered points. It now means if the Steelers lose tomorrow night in Washington the Steelers and Ravens will be tied for first place both with 5-3 records. One good thing about this is it takes care of the Browns today I believe with them losing this game. It drops them to 1-3 in the division and makes it really really tough for them to catch the Steelers when it comes down to tiebrakers in the division. The Ravens even though they will move to 5-3 still have two very tough games on the road coming up the next 2 weeks at Houston next week who always plays very tough at home, and at the Giants the week after. So as long as the Steelers continue to keep taking care of business they should be able to maintain there 2 game lead in the division. But definitely a big win for the Ravens today over the Browns it was their 3rd straight win and it definitely let's the Steelers know that they are still a legit threat in this AFC North Division.
    That is why I don't like starting the talk of the Steelers wrapping up the division to soon.....The Ravens are not going away....The Steelers do have the tie breaker on the Ravens but the Steelers have to beat the Skins....I would like the Steelers to keep their 1 game lead on the Skins espcially since the Steelers do have the tie breaker on the Ravens....I don't want to hear no talk of how this game isn't important since its an out of conference game.....The Skins game is still huge for the Steelers....Especially since the Steelers still have to play in Baltimore which the Steelers have lost their last five game in Baltimore.....

The Steelers can't any more games slip away since the Ravens are not going away and Joe Flacco is also showing signs of improvement.....The Steelers must take care of business against the Skins and the next few weeks.....

My Mood
    jaguars-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    That is why I don't like starting the talk of the Steelers wrapping up the division to soon.....The Ravens are not going away....The Steelers do have the tie breaker on the Ravens but the Steelers have to beat the Skins....I would like the Steelers to keep their 1 game lead on the Skins espcially since the Steelers do have the tie breaker on the Ravens....I don't want to hear no talk of how this game isn't important since its an out of conference game.....The Skins game is still huge for the Steelers....Especially since the Steelers still have to play in Baltimore which the Steelers have lost their last five game in Baltimore.....

The Steelers can't any more games slip away since the Ravens are not going away and Joe Flacco is also showing signs of improvement.....The Steelers must take care of business against the Skins and the next few weeks.....
    I agree with you as well it's a huge game tomorrow just for the simple fact again that Mike Tomlin once again I think has to prove that he can go on the road and beat a good team which the Redskins at 6-2 most definitely are. Forget the win in Jacksonville now that road win for Tomlin I believe is a wash now seeing that the Jags lost to the Bengals today and just have not looked good at all this season. As you said though a win tomorrow night gets the Steelers to 6-2 and keeps us a game ahead of the Ravens at 5-3 who as I said have to go on the road the next 2 weeks, and win 2 tough games in Houston who I said always plays tough at home, and of course at the Giants the following week which is a game I dont see the Ravens being able to win. The bottom line for the Steelers tomorrow is take care of business and maintain your one game lead in the division. A win in Washington tomorrow really sets the Steelers up well I believe to get on a roll for this 3 game stretch of home games starting next week against Indy followed by San Diego and the Bengals. Good news also today in terms of conference games the Bills lost to the Jets, and the Broncos are losing to Miami now as we speak. So if the Pats lose tonight to the Colts in Indy which I believe they will the Steelers with a win tomorrow night will not only be able to stay on top of the division by a game over the Ravens still, but also be in sole possesion of the 2nd seed in the AFC at 6-2 with a 5-0 conference record still as well. More importantly it still keeps them within striking distance of the Tennessee Titans for the number 1 seed who are 8-0 after their tough OT win today against the Packers with a game still left to be played against them in December.
    Last edited by Troyisabeast_43; 11-02-2008 at 06:27 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I told my wife once the Clowns were up 27-13, watch these dicks lose the game,the only blessing is that this puts added pressure on us to take care of bizzness, we have to be focused now more than ever an bring our A-Game the rest of the way GO STEELERS.

on them hashbrowns & rat-turds ,,,,,,,,,, Long as we do our thing,they'll stay behind us,where they belong !

One win at a time is all we need and make improvements on offense and the division is ours,,,,,,,,,We are so close to being a power-house,our "D" is top notch and all we need is consistance on offense and we can go a long ways this season

Leave it to the Browns to blow a 14 point lead. Unreal. I had just started to think that maybe they had turned the corner and were becoming a decent team. I am so happy to see that I was in fact, wrong.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Thread Information