Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Running Game

Bookmark and Share

Running Game

Thats what i blame for the Steelers demise this season. I don't know if it's our horrific offensive line or Bruce Arians but it seems we just can't run the ball. honeslty Aians trys to run the ball on first down...fails...then passes twice. runs on first down...fails passes twice oops sack....oops interception. honestly if Tomlin doesn't find a coordinator that knows how to run the ball effectively or get an o-line that isn't honestly the worst I've ever seen in the Steelers unifrom then this team has lost it's identity.

Everybody in the media keeps talking about how the Steelers offense has no identity. That's proof to me that Bruce Arians has not a clue what the **** he's doing.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Our offense is in the bottom 1/4 of the league in most stats which tells you right there the offense has no identity. This team should have found itself by now but the only thing it's found is the ability to call a run on 1st down almost every single time. We're so predictable in that sense it's not even funny.

I've said it for the past month, this team needs both Willie and Moore healthy to function properly. Even when that was the case neither one was being used properly. Willie gets all the carries and Moore comes in for a play and then leaves. Get both of these guys on the field at the same time, run some multiple back sets, split one out wide, do different things and utilize the talent they both have but you won't see that from Arians

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Our offense is in the bottom 1/4 of the league in most stats which tells you right there the offense has no identity. This team should have found itself by now but the only thing it's found is the ability to call a run on 1st down almost every single time. We're so predictable in that sense it's not even funny.

I've said it for the past month, this team needs both Willie and Moore healthy to function properly. Even when that was the case neither one was being used properly. Willie gets all the carries and Moore comes in for a play and then leaves. Get both of these guys on the field at the same time, run some multiple back sets, split one out wide, do different things and utilize the talent they both have but you won't see that from Arians
    i was reading an article this morning in the post gazette. bob smizik defended bruce arians as if he were his brother. smizik's OPINIONS were that our offensive problems were due to execution as opposed to shiatty play calling. although that is only partially true, the common denominator ALL FRIGGIN SEASON is that arians HAS ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE HOW TO CALL A GAME. yes, ben threw two huge picks which, in my opinion, lost the game for us. i mean, come on. those two picks resulted in 14 points. like i said before, it's not like arians was a succesful OC in the past and then all of a sudden walked into a shiatty team. how many times did we run right over center on first down against the colts?? play calling is way too predictable and that's a fact. blame can be spread around but arians wasn't shiat-canned a number of times previously because he was a good OC. he was fired because he stunk up the field and the trend continues right here, in the burgh.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Its just sucks how our running game used to be the foundation for this team and got us to countless playoffs games, 5 championships and won superbowl 40 and now...we can't even run on the colts

Am I wrong or is G.Russell not the most powerful running back we have now. What did this guy do not to get any touches? Whos dog house is he in? And why in the world is he the K.R.? This makes no sense to me.

The best offensive players for us have been Hines and Moore. The rest of our offense has gone to ****.

What the hell is Santonio doing on the field? Everytime we throw to him it seems like an automatic INT

--- Added 11/13/2008 at 02:11 AM ---

Quote Originally Posted by MOTORKRAFT View Post
    Am I wrong or is G.Russell not the most powerful running back we have now. What did this guy do not to get any touches? Whos dog house is he in? And why in the world is he the K.R.? This makes no sense to me.

Better Gary Russell back there than Dookie. Hes much faster and is getting more yards.

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Fat Backs

Do any of you know of any Fat Backs coming out of college this next year? What are your thoughts on picking one up? We have always had a big HB, and I think we could use one to go with Mendenhal. I love parker, but we need a big guy bqack there.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Mendenhall has good size and runs very hard so he's going to be the "power" back complimenting Willie. That was the initial plan when bringing him in, a guy who can work with Parker and give us the tough yards that Parker doesn't always get. Plus keeping them both fresh. I don't think you'll see them drafing another RB of any size on day 1 next year assuming Mendenhall will be ready to go. Between Willie, Mewelde, and Rashard along with Russel they have a pretty good stable..the problem has been keeping them all healthy.

The new offensive regime in Pittsburgh isn't one that will call for a Bettis for Fuamatu'Mafala type size of back.

Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    The new offensive regime in Pittsburgh isn't one that will call for a Bettis for Fuamatu'Mafala type size of back.
    i am hoping for a "new" new offensive regime after this season with that joke of an OC we have

Thread Information