Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben I'm Sorry

Bookmark and Share
    Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Ben I'm Sorry

First I would like to tell Ben that I am sorry for calling him Worthlessberger. He is not, and I take it back. Ben has done great things for the team and that can not be forgotten because of some struggles he is having. I was just really pissed that this team lost a game I felt it should have run away with. I have to say that of all the loses that this team has had under Ben this was the worst. Well except for being cheated by the Pats. But thats another story all together.
    My mother bought me The Big Ben Jersey for my birthday this last weekend, however I did not plan on wearing it until next year because I didn't want to mess up the Mojo for the season.
    Well there is a change in plans. I will be wearing that Jersey so long as Ben is going to play. If Ben is going to go out there, play hurt and give it all he's got... Then I am going to stand by him, support him, and rally behind him. He has put a smile on my face far to many times for me to be a selfish prick, and if he wants to trash his stats, and get called a bust, then god dangit, I'm going to take the heat with him. I have said many times that I feel he is the best QB in the league, and I still feel that way.

I ask you, all of my countrymen and brothers of Steeler Nation, to stand with me and help Ben find is magic again. Together we can do it, and together we will rally down the stretch and finish this season like Champions. Win or lose Ben is our brother,and he's trying his *** off. What other QB could play with a shoulder like that? What QB ever?

If any of you are wondering if I just watched Any Given Sunday for that final half time speach with Al Pacino....I did....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dean Denton View Post
    First I would like to tell Ben that I am sorry for calling him Worthlessberger. He is not, and I take it back. Ben has done great things for the team and that can not be forgotten because of some struggles he is having. I was just really pissed that this team lost a game I felt it should have run away with. I have to say that of all the loses that this team has had under Ben this was the worst. Well except for being cheated by the Pats. But thats another story all together.
    My mother bought me The Big Ben Jersey for my birthday this last weekend, however I did not plan on wearing it until next year because I didn't want to mess up the Mojo for the season.
    Well there is a change in plans. I will be wearing that Jersey so long as Ben is going to play. If Ben is going to go out there, play hurt and give it all he's got... Then I am going to stand by him, support him, and rally behind him. He has put a smile on my face far to many times for me to be a selfish prick, and if he wants to trash his stats, and get called a bust, then god dangit, I'm going to take the heat with him. I have said many times that I feel he is the best QB in the league, and I still feel that way.

I ask you, all of my countrymen and brothers of Steeler Nation, to stand with me and help Ben find is magic again. Together we can do it, and together we will rally down the stretch and finish this season like Champions. Win or lose Ben is our brother,and he's trying his *** off. What other QB could play with a shoulder like that? What QB ever?

If any of you are wondering if I just watched Any Given Sunday for that final half time speach with Al Pacino....I did....lol
    i still think Ben is one tough assss dude. i think at the end of his hall of fame career we will look back on this year and say the only reason his stats dropped was because of an f-ed up shoulder. that being said i think he pulls it together and we go deep into the playoffs... in spite of BA's shiattay play calling. i am just afraid if we do go far then they wont feel the need to fire our sad excuse for an OC

so lets all rally behind Ben... and go burn down BA's house

Ha Ha you guys sound like me when I was 12 years old. Or last Sunday, er, um nevermind I was never here.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Dude you have no reason to be sorry.....I bash players all the time....It doesn't make you any less of a fan for doing so.....Some fans are positive cheer leader types and that is ok....But others are critical and that is fine also....We as fans spend money on tickets, Sunday Ticket, merchandise and not to mention all the emotions of following this team so its ok to vent when the team or a player pisses you off....

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The fact is we can bitch or we can cheer but we're all fans and we all need to see Ben get his mojo back and get on a roll becuz now is a critical time for this team. These upcoming games will make or break our season regardless of the record. If we get on a roll then we'll be steam rolling into the playoffs. If we keep being inconsistent, and assuming we still get in, we'll be bounced in the 1st round. It's do or die Ben, we need you to come through!

Everyone gets pised and says things they don't really mean... especially after a tough loss when the game should have been won! Sometime it's best to get those feeling out rather than let them bottle up inside

I knew you'd come to your senses!

Good post Dean!

Ben's going to be fine! He'll show up big this week!
    They just need to boot Arians to the curb!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    broncos-hater

I could name a few QB's that would play with a shoulder injury and win games. I watched Terry Bradshaw play with a Broken throwing hand. I have seen John Elway play injured and also Brett Favre. alot of QB's from the "70's" and "80's" would play hurt. other than that you are right, with these new rules and with the Pansy *** QB's we got now-a-days, take Romo for instance, a broken Pinkie ??? give me a break, splint that thing, wrap it and get your *** on the field of battle and earn your money. Ben is hard nosed football. gotta hand it to him.
    "I believe the game is designed to reward the ones who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play" - Jack Lambert

"Yes, I get satisfaction out of hitting a guy and seeing him lie there a while." - Jack Lambert.

Well said!

We all say things in the heat of the moment we don't mean. This was a tough loss against a team we should have beat easily, so naturally we were all more than a little frustrated.
    But I would NOT trade Big Ben for any other QB in this league. Provided we get a decent O-line in the off-season, and he matures a little more (sometimes we forget he's only 26), he's gonna continue to have a HOF career for the Steelers. He's struggling now, no doubt about that. My first inclination is to let him sit out and give his shoulder a rest, but I know he's not gonna sit on the bench if he can help it.
    Ben is our QB, we gotta take the bitter with the sweet. And I'm sure he'll get his "mojo" back soon...he's too much of a competitor not to.

"Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

Reppin' 724
    Ben....I'm sorry the Rooneys gave you $100 million, now you're just mailing it in.

Find your game, or eat shiat.

Thread Information