Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notes from Tomlin press conference... Player updates

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Clowns

Notes from Tomlin press conference... Player updates

Ryan Clark is doubtful as of right now this week and Tomlin said he was a lot better then anticipated and should only miss this game with the Redskins if he is out. He said he wasnt ready to make a decision on who would fill in for Clark whether it be Tyrone Carter or Anthony Smith. He said he will see how both guys practice during the week and make a decision from there. Santanio Holmes will start at receiver on Monday night in Washington which should be a big lift for the offense. Marvel Smith appears to be getting better and might be ready to start at left tackle on Monday night as well. Willie Parker is day to day and had a good workout today Tomlin said and he will see how looks in practice this week.

All in all kind of good news bad news. Good news is it appears Willie is close to being back,Holmes will start, and Marvel Smith could be back as well. Bad news is Tyrone Im always a split second late Carter is going to be starting at safety for Ryan Clark which already weakens a beat up secondary minus Bryant McFadden as well. Hopefully Anthony Smith can get out of Tomlin's doghouse and practice well this week and warrant some more playing time over Tyrone Carter who I just dont want to see out there starting every single play. I think Smith while he has struggled is younger, and adds a little more speed in coverage and big play capability in coverage. The Steelers secondary will definitely be tested this week again going up against guys like Santana Moss,Cooley,and of course our old buddy Antwaan Randle El. The thought of Tyrone Carter starting in this game and playing the majority of it scares me a lot.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Having Marvel, Santonio, and Willie back will be a huge lift for this team and give us a lot more options in our offensive attack. Im anxious to see how Willie does and if he does play how short of a leash he'll be on if he falters.

Im scared to death at having Carter or Smith back there in place of Clark. Im hoping big time that he is able to play Monday. An extra days rest might be enough.

I am nervous how our secondary will be play if Clark is indeed out. I would prefer Smith over Carter, but we shall see. At least our offense will be getting some key players back.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

carter is plain awful. campbell will attack him all night long.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

Steel City Mafia # 632
    Kinda weird playin Plax and Randle El back to back...let's hope we can contain that little spark plug basta*d. Hopefully Big Ben comes out and makes up for that performance on sunday..i hated seeing the graphics up on the screen showing Eli out playin Ben. We need this game to get back on track and keep that nice AFC North cushion.

I hope Smith beats out Carter this week..i think we need some attitude roaming around back there.I agree with TG, Harrison and Woodley bring the pain Monday night. Zero sacks last week will be motivation for them. 5-2 ,2nd seed in the AFC in November..i'll take it.

"He's running around there, running his mouth, doing all that, but if you watch him on film and really look, where was Ray Lewis? He was nowhere to be found. I could have tackled the water boy and had as many tackles as him. He didn't do nothing today. He's all mouth. When you talk like that, that's what happens: You get hit in the mouth. He's over there crying now, thinking about what went wrong. You got your *** whipped, that's what." ~ Peazy

Quote Originally Posted by ItAintEasyBeingPeazy View Post
    Kinda weird playin Plax and Randle El back to back...let's hope we can contain that little spark plug basta*d. Hopefully Big Ben comes out and makes up for that performance on sunday..i hated seeing the graphics up on the screen showing Eli out playin Ben. We need this game to get back on track and keep that nice AFC North cushion.

I hope Smith beats out Carter this week..i think we need some attitude roaming around back there.I agree with TG, Harrison and Woodley bring the pain Monday night. Zero sacks last week will be motivation for them. 5-2 ,2nd seed in the AFC in November..i'll take it.
    RIDICULOUSLY good looking...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelerschick1220 View Post
    I am nervous how our secondary will be play if Clark is indeed out. I would prefer Smith over Carter, but we shall see. At least our offense will be getting some key players back.
    Yea Carter just sucks period, where's Ryan Mundy? can't we get him back is he healthy?we have to do something because we could lose Anthony Smith after this season.

I think that Ben will have a big game. He will want to atone for how he played in the Giants game. Yuck, I still can't believe that Manning out played him.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by 60 Minute Man View Post
    Yea Carter just sucks period, where's Ryan Mundy? can't we get him back is he healthy?we have to do something because we could lose Anthony Smith after this season.
    Mundy never made the final cut, he was hurt most of training camp.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Marvel doesn't come back and we end up with Max in there again Im going to throw a fit!

Thread Information