Thread: Just Some Random Thoughts

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent DocHolliday1989's Avatar

Just Some Random Thoughts

After watching the Giants game this past sunday, and congratulations go out to the Giants they played a pretty good game.
    Now some thoughts and opinions from me.
    I dont know about anyone else, but I miss the days of having a great blocking FB in the backfield with our starting RB not matter who it is. Carey Davis is the worst FB the Steelers have had in years and why Tomlin and co. decided to cut Dan Kreider is beyond me. As good as Mewelde Moore has been for our team I really look forward to seeing him and being split out in the slot and Willie being back at starting RB.
    Does anyone else think that the Steelers have wasted a draft pick on TE Matt Spaeth other than me and Stan Savran? This guy couldnt blcok me for heavens sake!! They say that the Steelers didnt keep TE Jerame Tuman because he wasnt a good blocker that all he could do is catch the ball... is something wrong with that? Matt Spaeth has awesome size and should be a good if not great blocker. As for this years no.2 pick in WR Limas Sweed, this guy just looks like he is lost out there and Nate Washington was shown trying to help him out of the sideline once or twice against the Giants... come on Sweed get your head on... its not Texas your playing in right now, these guys/men are here and they are getting paid probably less than you are and you act like its your first time being on the field in a real game of 11 on 11!
    Sorry everyone, just had to get some of these things off my chest I guess
    6 Time Super Bowl Champs
    Destination Dallas, Tx
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Tailgate Coordinator
    It was Sweeds first real taste of action, and I didn't expect much from him, plus the 2 passes that Ben threw his way were uncatchable if you ask me.

I'm A "Champion"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I can't blame Sweed either, he did what he could but he's still young and this was his first real taste of significant game action. He'll get better and one good thing is that he's holding onto the ball.

Carey was kept because he's solid in the passing game and he's not a bad blocker either. Trust me I was pulling to keep Kreider on this team and I would have rather had him than Davis too but with Dan coming off an injury and his last contract was 1 mill. per season he was pretty expensive too. Maybe he'd have taken a home town discount, who knows.

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DocHolliday1989 View Post

I dont know about anyone else, but I miss the days of having a great blocking FB in the backfield with our starting RB Mewelde Moore who I must say is MUCH better than Willie Parker

I couldn't agree with you Moore. There was nobody better than Danny Kreider coming out of the "Power I" formation and crackblocking a LB allowing Bettis to rumble into the 2nd level.

I miss Danny .... I thought it was a mistake when we allowed him to walk.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron City South View Post

I couldn't agree with you Moore. There was nobody better than Danny Kreider coming out of the "Power I" formation and crackblocking a LB allowing Bettis to rumble into the 2nd level.

I miss Danny .... I thought it was a mistake when we allowed him to walk.
    I was a big fan of Kreider too, but that job takes a toll. He has been bashing LBs for 7 or 8 years now. I think his best days are past. Jon Witman was the man at one time too, but once the injuries started he fell off in a hurry.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I never liked the ideal of three tightends anywayi can'r stand Bruce Arians as long as he's our O-Coordinator we will not go far

Thread Information