Thread: Is there anyone more fickle than sports media?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Is there anyone more fickle than sports media?

NFL in particular since we're a Steelers forum but the same can be said for any sports media outlet. We were 1-3 and everybody ragged on us, said we're terrible, what's wrong with us, Ben has lost it ..now we win a game and all of the sudden everybody says we're back. I got news for ya people, we'll be here all year long !

Same with the ratbirds, they were 4-0 and everybody jumped on the bandwagon, oh McNair is go great, the defense is so great, Billick is a great coach, now they lose 2 in a row and everybody wakes and see's what we've been saying since opening weekend.

Stayin in the AFCN, the bengals were 3-0 and touted as a top 3 team in the league, now they lose 2 games and everybody sees they can't stop the run and they can't put teams away.

Make up mind already people !!!!!

House of Steel
    Media are idiots. Plain and simple.

On the verge of 3,000.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I wonder what they'll say if the Cards beat the Bears tonight

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I don't pay attention to the media. Look at the Colts they are the media darlings every year and they fall apart in the playoffs.

House of Steel
    Good Point, B@GF32. I don't listen to ESPN anymore. I do watch the NFL Today just to listen in on the Steelers news. I get my Steelers news mainly from Steelers.com and Post-Gazette since they both are legit and truthful.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Good Point, B@GF32. I don't listen to ESPN anymore. I do watch the NFL Today just to listen in on the Steelers news. I get my Steelers news mainly from Steelers.com and Post-Gazette since they both are legit and truthful.
    I'm a member of ESPN Insider since being an Insider memember I can look up articles from the Post- Gazette and other Pittsburgh area newspappers. But I could care less what the media thinks about the Steelers. I love when they dog the Steelers anyway.

House of Steel
    Sometimes when they Dog the Steelers, they see that stuff and it fires them up, I guess something pissed them off this past week to fuel the fire enough to steamroll over the Chiefs, now I hope this keeps up.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by House of Steel View Post
    Sometimes when they Dog the Steelers, they see that stuff and it fires them up, I guess something pissed them off this past week to fuel the fire enough to steamroll over the Chiefs, now I hope this keeps up.
    Yep the players always say they don't pay attention to the media. But they do and when they read negative stuff they get pissed. I hope it keeps up as well.

Thread Information