Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Skins Fan here... My opinion on the game...

Bookmark and Share
    Waterboy

Skins Fan here... My opinion on the game...

Whats up all... First I want to say I'm hear as a NFL Fan not a deusche bag or troll. So to the game I hope that we both play hard and have an awesome injury free game. We could both use that right now.

We have J. Taylor & S. Springs out sounds like. I can tell u that I don't think it will make a huge difference. Taylor hasn't trully been a factor this year and the guys backing him up have played just as good. Springs out I'm ok with but not happy but luckily Carlos Rogers has been a shut down corner this year. Smoot had been pretty good himself and can cover anyone very well. Don't get me wrong Springs is pretty darn good and I would love to have him there!

For you guys you could have a punter, Clark, Taylor and the long snapper out. Not sure on how correct that is. I don't know everything about Steelers but I remember Clark with us and I feel u all got a good pick up in Clark. Also Ike Taylor seems like a very good player himself but not sure if he is out for the game or not. Not sure about the back ups so maybe you all could fill me in on your thoughts. Your punter and long snapper are a major issue I feel and could be a big difference in field position!

Now here is the main factors in winning the game for each team... Steelers could win with Big Ben having time to throw but he needs not to throw in tight spots due to our secondary which is very good, Landry will be deep (always plays deepest safety spot in NFL) so there won't be hardly a time when a reciever is past our secondary which Benny loves to throw the bomb! Rogers, Smoot & Landry will have some interceptions if he throws in tight spots just as Giants did and our secondary is better than the Giants! Now if Willie Parker is playing that will be a huge plus for you guys since he is a very fast, tough, agile runner and just so much better than whoever else runs the ball for you although our run defense is pretty tough so it will be a very even match I feel in this department. Obviously no turnovers or less for either team makes a huge difference! Now I feel the Skins O line has been playing very good this year but will have one of the toughest performances this week against ur guys D Line. Samuels is back this week for us so we have all starters on O Line for us. Even match up but I trully see u guys getting 2 sacks against us possibly 3 so you might win that one. That will help u all! Now you guys have to matchup against Moss (awesome) Cooley (awesome) Randel EL (Average to above, you know this guy already) which will be a tough task especially Moss. I see double team on Moss which leaves Cooley open and room for Portis to run all over the field with a healthy O Line. Also if your secondary is hurt with backups that could be a huge advantage for Skins! If Cambell has time he will find the open man as he is great at going through his receivers although sometimes he takes too long so the O Line needs to step up for the Skins in this area. Also hope that Randel El is returning punts because he sucks at it and he dances to much but if Moss is returning then that could be trouble for you. Portis is the #1 rusher in the NFL this year but has one of the toughest Defenses this week. Even here but I don't see Portis having a huge game which could hurt. We have home field advantage which is huge just for the fact that we don't have to play at your place and see all those ugly towels. jk...

Hope that wasn't to much and good luck to both of us and please share your thoughts with me...

Win or lose, I hope one of the Steelers kid-nap ARL(82) and get him back where he belongs, black and gold baby!! lol

Good luck to you guys!!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

just a few quick points... i dont think having parker back will be too much of a difference here because moore is the man. i also want to say that there is really no way that portis has a huge game because no running back ever has a good game against this D i see timmons/ troy shadowing cooley this game so that should cancel out. i think these teams are pretty evenly matched but the little homer in me says the steelers defiantly bounce back in this one. if santonio does not get additional suspensions from the league i see the steelers winning this one decisively... hopefully ben and our idiot excuse for an Offensive coordinator can learn from their mistakes in this passed game. GO STEELERS

BA will never learn, it's like trying to teach a blind person to see....N/O
    "Happy Happy Happy"

^ ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!! Oh, that is the sad, sad truth........

I do not think that the Skins will be able to run against us. Being in MD I have watched most of their games and they are a good team, but the Steelers are better. I love the Skins and hope they can make it the rest of the year, but I hope that we throttle them in this game. LOL.
    Proud fan of Dale Earnhardt Jr., Pittsburgh Steelers, Duke Bluedevils, and San Antonio Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    BA will never learn, it's like trying to teach a blind person to see....N/O
    sad but true

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ike will play this week, Clark should probably play as well. Parker is still day to day so we'll have to see.

Bad News about Clark

http://rotoworld.com/content/playerp...ort=NFL&id=979
    According to the Pittsburgh Post Gazette, Ryan Clark (shoulder) "is not expected to play" Monday night.
    Clark suffered a dislocated shoulder Sunday and said immediately afterward that he hoped to play through it, but the newspaper notes that "it is not known how long he will be sidelined."

Chairman of the Board Iron City South's Avatar
    The worst thing that could have happened for the Skins was a Steelers loss last week; especially the way they lost.

Zero sacks last week which the Steelers D will look to avenge this week.

If we shut down Portis (who is dinged up), and get in Campbell's grill, you're toast.
    "The most interesting man on SA ... stay thirsty my friends"

Rookie Free Agent DocHolliday1989's Avatar

Good Luck Redskin Fan, But!

I know alot of people that are Redskins' fans and they are all alright folks. But during this week the friendship's kind of go on hold baby!
    Sounds like we are gonna be kind of beat up come gamtime and I dont look for Ryan Clark to play come monday night, but I think that Ike Taylor is playing his best football of his career right now in my opinion. If the Steelers are with out Clark at FS we are in trouble. Last season when he went out, our defense was a totally different team seemed like. I know the Redskins have a pretty good Running game as did the Giants and they didnt get 100 yards against us as a team little less one player doing it.
    I also think alot of our offensive line problems should be pointed toward Ben myself. He is just holding on to the ball too long at times when he should be taking off and running the ball. I would like to see Ben get out of the pocket on roll outs more often to try and take advantage of his mobility and accuracy on the run. I do think the game will be a close game, but I think the Steelers should pull out a defensive battle.
    6 Time Super Bowl Champs
    Destination Dallas, Tx
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

Thread Information