Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dumb mistakes all day long especially in the 3rd quarter

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Dumb mistakes all day long especially in the 3rd quarter

The drive at the end of the 3rd quarter was the back breaker. We had the TD to Nate and then it gets called back, false starts, holding, you name it. This team had their chances today to get up big and could not convert.

This offense just could not respond when they had too, you can't let stupid mistakes kill you and they did it today. Ben did his best to give the game away all day long and the defense just finally could not keep up.

Rookie Free Agent SteelfordWexler's Avatar

Ben Looked Really Confused

On first impression, the protection was ok for BB today. He double clutched over and over. He couldn't find anyone. He just didn't know where to go with the ball. Maybe the loss of Holmes had something to do with it but BB looked like a rookie out there. He has made so many plays after the play breaks down - I wonder if he can pass in rythum on a regular basis. Blame the coaches if you want, but BB laid an egg.

Ben is an old-school QB. They never passed in rhythm.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The protection was ok in the 1st half but it sucked in the 2nd half. Ben didn't respond when he had too and the OL didn't give him time. That is on both of them no question. Ben did his best to give the game away today and we just couldn't over come it in crunch time.

This stuff happens sometimes and today it bit us.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Ben is the main reason for the loss no doubt....This is no surprise....You put Ben up against a very good DC like the Giants have and he usually shiats the bed....I'm a big fan of Ben....But this is becoming the norm for Ben when faced against a very good defense and DC he fails to step up.......I don't know why and I can't say but it gives you the impression that maybe Ben doesn't put in the work to be great....Again I don't know for sure but with performances like this it does get me thinking...lol
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 10-26-2008 at 07:46 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree that BB and the O-Line ram dumped in the second half. On a lighter note I think that our D was awesome. But sadly because of the Steelers lack luster offensive performance in the second half, the Steeler D was on the field way too long.

Rookie Free Agent OC Steel Curtain's Avatar
    bad decisions.. he panics too often.. he has no confidence in his wr and linemen.. and after every screwed up play he need to stop trying to find excuses.. He will shake this off and things will start falling on our side.. everything just seems to go wrong for us.. from the long snappers awkward knee bend to our secondary falling apart.. its sad and a loss, but we will be back and once we are healthy again.. good luck NFL

Quote Originally Posted by OC Steel Curtain View Post
    bad decisions.. he panics too often.. he has no confidence in his wr and linemen.. and after every screwed up play he need to stop trying to find excuses.. He will shake this off and things will start falling on our side.. everything just seems to go wrong for us.. from the long snappers awkward knee bend to our secondary falling apart.. its sad and a loss, but we will be back and once we are healthy again.. good luck NFL
    I disagree with one thing: Ben doesn't spread the blame. Hell, sometimes he even blames himself when he doesn't have to. He was certainly to blame today; he just wasn't throwing the ball well at all.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If I'm Ben I don't have confidence in them either. Santonio is out so we're down a weapon, Parker is out, and the line was starting to crumble late in the 2nd and then went to **** in the 3rd and 4th.

The protection was ok for a while. There were a few coverage sacks. I'd give alot of criticism to the WRs for not getting open. But at the end, when we needed to just get SOMETHING, the Oline just completely collapsed.

Who Ride?! WE RIDE!!! Long live the Boot!!!

"I'll always be a Steeler" - Joey Porter
    "Once a Steeler, always a Steeler" - Kordell Stewart

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i think we should make willie parker eat lots and lots of cake so we have a power running game

Thread Information