Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aaron Smith's status unknown for Giants game... Marvel Smith out.

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Richmond Rukus's Avatar

Aaron Smith's status unknown for Giants game... Marvel Smith out.

"Also, defensive end Aaron Smith was excused from practice for personal reasons for the third day in a row, increasing the possibility he also will not play against the Giants."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08298/922566-100.stm

I was told, albeit from an unreliable source, that he was going to miss the game. but this is coming from nothing more than a guy on another board stating he heard it on Pittsburgh 1250. More than his status, I hope everything is ok with his family. Word around the press is this is family related. Family comes before football.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I hope that's it's nothing serious, an hopes that he play sunday we need him

<QUOTE>In other news, running back Willie Parker (knee), tackle Marvel Smith (back) and defensive end Aaron Smith all missed practice yesterday.

Marvel Smith is out for the Giants game and Parker is doubtful. Tomlin said that Aaron Smith, who has missed practice all week because of personal reasons, is questionable for the game.

If Aaron Smith is out we are not gonna WIN, point simple, he's the run stopper as proved last year!!

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    This is the first I have heard of this. I googled the info and Aaron has not practiced all week, and could be out for sunday.

I got it off the front page.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Aaron will probably play on Sunday but that's just my opinion. He isn't injured but is dealing with some personal issues.

Marvel is out and that means Starks will again get the nod at LT..if there was a ever a time for to earn that 7 million backup salary it is right now. He absolutely MUST play well if we are going to win this game.

STEELER NATION RULES
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post
    Aaron will probably play on Sunday but that's just my opinion. He isn't injured but is dealing with some personal issues.

Marvel is out and that means Starks will again get the nod at LT..if there was a ever a time for to earn that 7 million backup salary it is right now. He absolutely MUST play well if we are going to win this game.
    Agreed, and if Aaron ends up out, the outcome will be bleak I believe.
    However, unless it is life or death, I think he will play also.

Quote Originally Posted by 60 Minute Man View Post
    I hope that's it's nothing serious, an hopes that he play sunday we need him

Agreed...I hope whatever it is gets worked out soon. Stay encouraged, Aaron!
    "Commitment to the team - there is no such thing as in-between, you are either in or you're out."-Pat Riley

Polamalu Island or Seattle. Its the same place.
    My Mood
    Cheerful
    I'm sure he's going to be ok. I know that guy has already gone through so much with his father, and all the challenges that came from that. He's a strong man and there really isn't much I dont think that guy can overcome. Not only is he a physical phenom, he's mentally tough as hell too. He's a Steeler....

My Mood
    saints-hater
    Quote Originally Posted by TOP GUN View Post

Well first off let's hope that everything is okay personally with Aaron Smith. I mean if he has to miss one game due to a major issue in his family so be it. There is really nothing that can be done about this the Steelers are just going to have to deal with it for a week and move on. If Smith doesnt play along with Holmes and Parker who we both know are now out it will definitely make this game a lot tougher to win. But once again this will be a test here to see how good this Steelers team really is. Good news if Aaron Smith doesnt play Hampton is suppose to be back so just because Aaron Smith is not playing doesnt mean that Brandon Jacobs is going to run wild on Sunday. The Steelers still have a lot of capable players on defense that can make plays and contain the run. I still like the Steelers chances in this game despite all of these guys being out. It will make them look that much better as well as a football team if we do happen to win this game with all these key players out...

Thread Information